Waukesha County D.A. Office is more emotionally disturbed than accused "Slender Man" girls

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Waukesha County D.A. Office is more emotionally disturbed than accused "Slender Man" girls

Postby gargantua » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:50 pm

I don't think I ever said that they should be sentenced to 45 years of anything. I referred to them as young ladies to be polite. I have no problem calling them girls. I am opining within the system of justice that we have, not one that we may wish that we had. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of great options here. I advocate for the lesser of the bad choices. I don't want these girls punished. I want them saved. I don't know how to do that or how long it may take.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Waukesha County D.A. Office is more emotionally disturbed than accused "Slender Man" girls

Postby thebookpolice » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:03 am

I can tell you with absolute confidence that being sentenced as adults -- an incarceration path that opens up the DHS-run Wisconsin Resource Center to these girls -- is vastly preferable to and more beneficial to both their wellbeing and the future safety of society than sentencing them as juveniles, at which time they would be incarcerated in the shrinking, dessicating juvenile branch of the Wisconsin Department of Corrections.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:12 am

I cut both ways on this one.

It does seem foolish that 11-15 year old children can be tried as adults. But if putting them in the adult system gets them better care I am for that. From experience with a friend, sometimes after a bit of time passes, people get forgotten in the system and outcomes can happen that were not supposed to.

manoletters
Forum Addict

Postby manoletters » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:15 am

Not yet, and not necessarily in the future, bdog, but as the article states: "Waukesha County Circuit Judge Michael Bohren’s decision to keep the girls in the adult court system has major implications for Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier, who are charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide and could face sentences of up to 45 years each, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported."

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:20 am

Sick girls in Florida.

Two Middle-School Girls Planned to Kill Kids, Drink Their Blood
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/two-mid ... 55864.html

Return to “Headlines”