Madison at SXSW 2008

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Madison at SXSW 2008

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:22 am

I guess this might be toeing the line between hype and local music, but Crustacean Records was just informed we have our own showcase at Austin’s legendary South by Southwest music industry conference. Arguably the biggest break the label has received in its fourteen year history. Tentatively at the Molotov Lounge on Thursday March 13th with Peelander-Z, Birthday Suits, Ouija Radio, Screamin’ Cyn Cyn & the Pons, The Gusto and one more TBA from 8 PM to 2 AM. The showcase also serves as the official release party for the split 7â€Â

juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:09 am

Really cool, congrats.

christopher_robin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby christopher_robin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:58 am

That's great! I used to go every year, but I've fallen off...maybe I'll head down for 08. Go team Madison!

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:02 pm

If you need names of local video shooters to cover the show for you let me know.
I regularly work with many of the best film and video people down there and there are a couple who are great at shooting live music.

paulie
Forum Addict

Postby paulie » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:33 pm

Hooray for the Gusto!!!

charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:14 pm

jammybastard wrote:If you need names of local video shooters to cover the show for you let me know.
I regularly work with many of the best film and video people down there and there are a couple who are great at shooting live music.

Thanks for the offer, but I am guessing the best film and video people cost money since they deserve it and shit. We are going be documenting our night at SXSW with video cameras on our own as an extra on our DVD coming out in July. With our current projects for the first half of 2008 we don’t have the extra money to put together something else professional. So we are going to shoot and edit our own crude punk rock Blair Witch Project encompassing hanging out at the Molotov before the show, the actual performances and the drunken after party.

Which as it turns out is at my hotel less than a mile away, but you’ll have to attend the showcase to get the room number. Since I am guessing SXSW will give me a badge or wristband, I will save at least $150 in individual cover charges getting into shows. As a result I intend on spending at least $50-$100 on it for community Lonestar after the show. The party will end when the beer is gone or the staff at the Super 8 ejects us from the hotel for the weekend. Texas needs to realize what people from Wisconsin are capable off.
Last edited by charliedon'tsurf on Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Garimba
Forum Addict

Postby Garimba » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:35 pm

charliedon'tsurf wrote:Texas needs to realize what people from Wisconsin are capable off.

Now that is beautiful in many different ways.

zsa zsa
Forum God/Goddess

late to the party

Postby zsa zsa » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:22 pm

I can't believe I just heard about this...yeah! go Cyn Cyn!! Go Gusto!!!

charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:37 pm

Yeah its pretty awesome. In case anyone missed it, the daily page posted an article regarding the showcase. It's weird how drunk conversation at 3:30 AM can turn into a showcase at the the world's preeminent music industry conference.

Return to “Madison Music”