I miss Jeremy Ryan

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: I miss Jeremy Ryan

Postby gozer » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:18 pm

what exactly is 1-844-NOFUCKS by the way? more of "the communism of losers" as in, if a leader of a segway gang cannot get laid, nobody should?

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:27 am

Activist bought radioactive materials for 'backup suicide plan' if cancer returns
https://www.channel3000.com/news/court- ... /832619122

massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:41 am

According to the complaint, Ryan wrote, "Preferably something that is not going to be extremely brutal and drawn out. But the main quality is that it is extremely difficult to procure so that people automatically suspect the government."

Hmm, seems like a plausible suicide plan for someone who would like to go out as martyr.

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:19 am

Is there any proof this guy actually had cancer, or any other ailment he's claimed over the years?

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:13 pm

massimo wrote:
According to the complaint, Ryan wrote, "Preferably something that is not going to be extremely brutal and drawn out. But the main quality is that it is extremely difficult to procure so that people automatically suspect the government."

Hmm, seems like a plausible suicide plan for someone who would like to go out as martyr.

so maybe he was casting about for a better polonium 210 than polonium 210 for his purposes . . . something that would whack him stone cold dead in a bizarre high-profile way . . . perhaps hard-to-come-by transuranium isotopes . . . could be plutonium 239 -- not as active as polonium 210 as far as radioactive decays per second but obviously something requiring a reactor to make and is very potent as a chemical poison . . . and has a much longer radioactive half-life . . . it would be more cost-effective and make more sense to have a virus get into the firmware on the segway and accelerate it to 160 km/h and drive all over the place or blow up in public . . .

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:14 pm

He should'a tried Black Capsule.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:35 pm

I think this guy has always suffered from some type of disorder, be it a mental illness or some atypical neurological dysfunction, or perhaps an intellectual disability. Whatever the case, we'll all be paying for his care now in the Federal System.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:45 pm

david cohen wrote:I think this guy has always suffered from some type of disorder, be it a mental illness or some atypical neurological dysfunction, or perhaps an intellectual disability. Whatever the case, we'll all be paying for his care now in the Federal System.

Too bad he didn't get the care he needed when it was beginning to manifest so it would have cost less and helped him fit a little better into the world around him.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:17 pm

Cadfael wrote:
david cohen wrote:I think this guy has always suffered from some type of disorder, be it a mental illness or some atypical neurological dysfunction, or perhaps an intellectual disability. Whatever the case, we'll all be paying for his care now in the Federal System.

Too bad he didn't get the care he needed when it was beginning to manifest so it would have cost less and helped him fit a little better into the world around him.

He was a Foron several years ago, when he decided to run for some office. To put it as charitably as I can, his views were very...naive. He was out of his element here and only managed to stick around for a few months.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:29 am

gargantua wrote:
Cadfael wrote:

He was a Foron several years ago, when he decided to run for some office. To put it as charitably as I can, his views were very...naive. He was out of his element here and only managed to stick around for a few months.

Still sounds to me like he didn't have access to health care. He had problems that started out as small annoyances and because it wasn't treated then, grew worse. He's a walking argument that waiting until the last minute for public health care is much more expensive in terms of money and resources than regular medical care and counseling.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:41 am

Health care doesn't fix everything. First, the person has to willingly go for help, unless they're under some court order (in which case they get pilled into a zombie state, which isn't exactly a satisfactory solution). I can't imagine this guy admitting his problems are to any degree in his mind -- he seems to externalize everything.

The mental health care argument is made with regard to people like Segway clear up to people who do mass shootings. I fully support health care for all, but it isn't a one stop solution to all the things that have gone wrong in this society.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:47 am

snoqueen wrote:The mental health care argument is made with regard to people like Segway clear up to people who do mass shootings. I fully support health care for all, but it isn't a one stop solution to all the things that have gone wrong in this society.

Yes it's not a one stop solution but right now all we can say is that we don't know whether it would have done any good. If it was in place we would be wondering if there's anything we could do to make it better rather than wondering if it might have helped.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:32 am

Bwis53 wrote:He should'a tried Black Capsule.

the blue pill does like miltown
the red sommat like prednisone
there's a black cap of surging power
for the snake no one can leave alone
go ask sertürner
he's got the key to op

when u go driving miss emma
chasing the dragon on up the line
tell em to read all of knoll's patents
for hydromorphone -- coz it's so fine

[props to jefferson airplaine* -- rest coming later]

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:35 am

david cohen wrote:I think this guy has always suffered from some type of disorder, be it a mental illness or some atypical neurological dysfunction, or perhaps an intellectual disability.

. . . or he was an agent provocateur . . . see if uncle shuffles him down to state, he does his time in rochester hooked up to a 30 mg/hr oxymorphone drip and/or he gets the country club instead of a federal pound me in the arse prison, supermax like that nuwaubian fellow, or watching spongejohn squareashcroft in gitmo, then we will know . . .

he never actually had the samarium 153, caesium 137 or whatever in his fevered, progressive republican mitts, did he? we can thank the patriot act for that?

Whatever the case, we'll all be paying for his care now in the Federal System.

maybe he's got the devil inside
anything in the police reports about green bile, yelling "fuck me"
or turning his head 720°?

i'm not sorry
it is not heresy, and i will not recant . . .

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:32 am

Is his segway for sale? Or should I get this one?

https://www.dealnews.com/Segway-Smart-S ... 31325.html

"As one of its daily deals, Amazon offers the Segway MiniLite Smart Self-Balancing Personal Transporter for $199.99 with free shipping."

Return to “Local Politics & Government”