Konkel fired from TRC

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Konkel fired from TRC

Postby gozer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:08 pm

Westsidegal wrote:.
. . . Rhodes-Conway realizes that she is now squeezed between Konkel on her left and Soglin who she had been going around town saying had encouraged her to run with his endorsement. She now really needs to consolidate the Progressive Dane vote behind her . . .

what, all six of them? that's going to be a rather tall order for anyone . . .

Westsidegal
Forum Addict

Postby Westsidegal » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:04 pm

What do people think of this? It appears Brenda Konkel wrote bad checks and allowed her employee’s healthcare to go unpaid for long periods among other things.

https://www.channel3000.com/news/trc-bo ... /886406002

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:43 pm

Westsidegal wrote:What do people think of this? It appears Brenda Konkel wrote bad checks and allowed her employee’s healthcare to go unpaid for long periods among other things.

It would certainly seem to explain a lot.

frankiewhalen

Postby frankiewhalen » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:29 am

Not a good revelation for a mayoral candidate.

Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paleo2 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:31 am

gargantua wrote:
Westsidegal wrote:What do people think of this? It appears Brenda Konkel wrote bad checks and allowed her employee’s healthcare to go unpaid for long periods among other things.

It would certainly seem to explain a lot.

That raises the question as to whether she has the administrative skills required for the mayoral position she seeks, or if she was just doing the best she could in a financial crisis.

There are a ton of things I don’t like about Soglin, but nobody had accused him of not having administrative skills.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:52 am

:roll:
Last edited by jonnygothispen on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:42 am

Thanks. Quite a long read, but if Brenda's documentation is accurate, what a mess.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:36 am

That does kinda turn things around.
Okay, from the TRC website the board members are
Pearl Foster, President
Joanne Brown, Treasurer
Jackie Woodruff, Secretary
Michael Donnelly
Jordan Krieger
Riley Reyes
Jim White
I'm not sure about Jackie Woodruff yet but now I've got to keep these names handy in case any of them run for public office.
Problem is, there seem to be at least two Michael Donnellys running around. Anybody got picture of this one?

Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:53 am

I haven't read the entire content of her posts, and don't know the inner workings of that orgainization. But she certainly seems to create drama, or have drama thrust upon her at the very least.

It seems like a Konkel mayoral term, however unlikely, would fall under the "may you live in interesting times" bucket.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:56 am

Yeah, this might have some impact on her candidacy. But I also want to make sure I have nothing to do with anyone on that board of directors. If half of what Brenda says is true, and a lot of that should be easy to confirm or disprove, none of them should be in a leadership position.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:57 pm

As much as I can tell, Brenda has a strong, heartfelt sense of what ails the homeless and what poverty is like. I can see how pushing that line could offend people who don't have that experience, and want to use TRC to their own benefit, and how something similar may have influenced previous conflicts.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:07 pm

You know, if they want to fire her and believe that they have good cause, that's their prerogative. But you have to follow a proper process to do that.
I have a feeling they'd have gotten off a lot cheaper if they'd have given Brenda a generous severance package.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:44 pm

other i
Forum Addict

Postby other i » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:18 pm

I read the whole 3 part thing. I'm willing to read the entirety of any real response from a board member.

What this episode tells folks who might be considering entry to the stage of non-profit work in the realm of real rubber-meets-road stuff that requires struggle over years (and not just short term resume padding as we see too much here in Madison) for purposes of real social justice is "don't."

And that's really too bad.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:31 pm

Wellllll, that's not entirely certain yet. Definitely it tells us to develop a really thick skin and learn to live with a target on your back. Also, plan on it being your entire life.

But she's fighting back and I've seen things like this end with completely unforeseen and unintended results. If she's been attacked like she says, then her attackers were horribly incompetent. That often doesn't end well for the attackers.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”