I miss Jeremy Ryan

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Re: I miss Jeremy Ryan

Postby Mad Howler » Sun May 08, 2016 1:09 am

I'm not sure about the compulsion to bag on this guy.
Is he still with this outfit? -> http://tinttekmadison.com/

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Sun May 08, 2016 1:48 pm

Westsidegal wrote:I really love the bronze statue depicting Ryan on his Segway chariot leading the uprising that was erected last year on the Capitol concourse.

gargantua wrote:That's Barry Alvarez.

White people all look alike to her.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Sun May 08, 2016 1:51 pm

penquin wrote:White people all look alike to her.
Bronze people, I think you mean.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Sun May 08, 2016 2:11 pm

fennel wrote:Bronze people, I think you mean.

Sorry...statues of people, regardless of color, all look alike to me.

The One
Forum Addict

Postby The One » Sun May 08, 2016 3:16 pm

God Bless Jeremy Ryan. A fighter for Wisconsin. A true hero of the liberal movement who has the battle scares of the Wisconsin Uprising. This man fights against the bigoted and sexist views that the Wisconsin Republicans have.

Keep fighting Jeremy! Keep making sexist and bigoted billboards for all of Madison to see your vision!

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Sun May 08, 2016 10:54 pm

penquin wrote:
fennel wrote:Bronze people, I think you mean.
Sorry...statues of people, regardless of color, all look alike to me.
To you? Who's talking about you?

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Apparently there is someone out there that Segway Jeremy Ryan didn't particularly care about missing:

https://www.channel3000.com/news/dane-c ... /822921610

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:54 am

so is he headed either for a federal pound-me-in-the-arse prison or guantánamo bay watching spongejohn squareashcroft on a televison high up on a wall behind metal mesh for the rest of his days?

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:06 am

Do you know anyone 6 feet tall and 220 pounds?

http://www.therightryan.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Ryan

https://www.channel3000.com/news/former ... /824190045

"Ryan was on a hidden service website that is a publicly accessible marketplace and forum, according to a criminal complaint. The marketplace and forum for the website facilitates the sale of various illegal products, including drugs, counterfeit goods and weapons.

The undercover FBI agent received a private message March 16 on the marketplace regarding radioactive substances he had for sale on the site, officials said. The user asked the undercover FBI agent how much substance is included in the purchase and if it would get to the U.S. in time to still have time before half-life, according to the complaint. Ryan eventually ordered the lethal poison that the agent claimed to custom make.

Using encrypted emails, Ryan asked “how long would it take the poison to kill someone after ingested? I’m looking for something that’s very rare/difficult to get ahold of. Also that doesn't show symptoms immediately but kills them fairly soon after,” according to the complaint.

According to the complaint, Ryan also wrote, "Preferably something that is not going to be extremely brutal and drawn out. But the main quality is that it is extremely difficult to procure so that people automatically suspect the government. Do you have something than the [radioactive substance] that would be like that and also safe to ship?"

Ryan paid 0.086018 Bitcoin for the substances, which was equivalent to approximately $569, according to the complaint. The complaint does not name Ryan’s target, but said the person is 6 feet tall and weighs 220 pounds."

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:47 pm

gozer wrote:so is he headed either for a federal pound-me-in-the-arse prison or guantánamo bay watching spongejohn squareashcroft on a televison high up on a wall behind metal mesh for the rest of his days?

Me thinks he's gonna plead Not Guilty by Reason of Mental Disease or Defect...or at least HE SHOULD, given his history of behavior.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:56 pm

Beaver wrote:Do you know anyone 6 feet tall and 220 pounds?

Maybe he was talking about himself. If he is suffering from a terminal illness then perhaps he was considering self-euthanization, yet wanted to have the gov't blamed for his death.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:34 pm

Shorty wrote:He is alive and well on google:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... emy%20ryan

And he is posting on FB:
"Madison PD is stepping up their intimidation and harassment of me... That's three disabled parking citations in 2 months that they set literally right next to my disabled parking placard... And this time they took it even further... When the pedestrian traffic settled down they sat with 3 cars and 6 officers on all sides of my car and when I walked by they started talking into their radios... I think it begs to reason that 6 cops don't have any purpose on one intersection when it's dead out... And not even a super high incident intersection... For several hours... Oh well this time I had 4 witnesses to their blatant harassment / intimidation... And it failed to work... My only question is why now? Is something about to happen they don't want me to be a part of? Or perhaps more likely do they figure I have been on the sidelines long enough that no one would bat an eye if they tried some bullshit and they have so many bones to pick with me? I don't know but I'm going to keep a really close eye out moving forward..."

Profile says "Owner at 1-844-NOFUCKS and works at Owner at Tint Tek Madison and Executive Director at Defending Wisconsin PAC". http://tinttekmadison.com/

Personally, I don't like window tinting: http://forum.isthmus.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62384

some people are suggesting tinting the entire atmosphere as a global warming countermeasure . . .

timby
Forum Addict

Postby timby » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:40 am

penquin wrote:
Beaver wrote:Do you know anyone 6 feet tall and 220 pounds?

Maybe he was talking about himself. If he is suffering from a terminal illness then perhaps he was considering self-euthanization, yet wanted to have the gov't blamed for his death.

I suppose that's an interesting semi-conspiracy theory, but I think it's more likely that he is just absolutely broken in the head. Ever since the protests--in which I participated, gladly and happily--he's just seemed off his rocker, seeking attention more than anything else.

Trying to get someone killed, though, is a whole new ballpark. I hope he gets some treatment because there is clearly something not right with him.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:05 am

several of the radiopharmaceuticals in common use, such as quadramet (samarium 153 complex) and assorted iodine isotopes and others are used for palliative purposes for various forms of cancer and some other afflictions -- i suppose it is within the realm of possibility that he was self-medicating, as are the majority of unsupervised opioid users and the fortunate patients with a defiant doctor and treatment team . . .

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:19 am

The One wrote:God Bless Jeremy Ryan. A fighter for Wisconsin. A true hero of the liberal movement who has the battle scares of the Wisconsin Uprising. This man fights against the bigoted and sexist views that the Wisconsin Republicans have.

Keep fighting Jeremy! Keep making sexist and bigoted billboards for all of Madison to see your vision!

what i've read of him on wisconsin ccap, lexis-nexis, wikipedia, &c &c is that he is an off-the-charts misogynist -- i half expected him to explain away the domestic disturbance by saying "well, aren't men and women equal? that means we both can hit each other . . ." no, no, no, no . . . i hope that isn't the endpoint for which the establishment is hoping. first of all, people should't strike others, full stop . . .

Return to “Local Politics & Government”