Pornography in the Forum

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 11198
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:30 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Pornography in the Forum

Postby gargantua » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:10 am

doppel wrote:
gargantua wrote:
doppel wrote:At first blush, I thought it was an old picture of my mom.

Was that supposed to be funny?

Was that supposed to be feigned stupidity.

Are you really that stupid?

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4832
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:35 am

Re: Pornography in the Forum

Postby narcoleptish » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:18 am

gargantua wrote:
doppel wrote:
gargantua wrote:Was that supposed to be funny?

Was that supposed to be feigned stupidity.

Are you really that stupid?


Mom said to stop fighting.

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:24 am
Location: Moron Tabernacle

Re: Pornography in the Forum

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:17 pm

No new posts by gozer. Banned? Watch for a new foron that rants about drugs without using capital letters.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5894
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:35 pm
Location: everywhere
Contact:

Re: Pornography in the Forum

Postby gozer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:53 pm

Dust Mite Rodeo wrote:No new posts by gozer. Banned? Watch for a new foron that rants about drugs without using capital letters.


no -- i was having too much fun with the new dilaudid p c a unit to concern myself with virtue-signallers over a post i barely remembered and assumed had been deleted a month ago . . .

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6273
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:59 am
Contact:

Re: Pornography in the Forum

Postby Stebben84 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:10 pm

Has nothing to do with virtues and everything to do with courtesy and what I like to think are some boundaries on the forum. I've been posting and visiting for years and no one has ever blatently posted something like that here. I could give a shit in and of itself for the photo. It was randomly throwing it up on a thread like that. It was a fucking weak ass move and instead of saying, "shit, sorry I threw that up there," you throw signal virtuing at me. Whatever dude. If you don't get it, then there's nothing more I can do. Peace out.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3070
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Pornography all over the Forum

Postby penquin » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:22 pm

"a perverted net.terrorist with a very tenuous grasp on consensus reality" 

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6273
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:59 am
Contact:

Re: Pornography all over the Forum

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:58 am

penquin wrote:"a perverted net.terrorist with a very tenuous grasp on consensus reality" 


You lost me there.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3070
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: ALL over the forum

Postby penquin » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:28 am

Stebben84 wrote:You lost me there.


Twas a direct quote from an earlier comment. "Pervy net.terrorist" is one of gozer's favorite insults to toss out against other Forons.


His words and actions seem to validate those studies conducted years ago by the CDC which indicated that regularly injecting high grade bolivian marching powder with a 10% cut of dilaudid directly into the inner eardrum and immediately followed by drinking a shot glass filled with pure liquid THC mixed with a micro dose of LSD can lead to projecting one's own shortcomings & illnesses upon others.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6273
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:59 am
Contact:

Re: Pornography in the Forum

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:07 am

penquin wrote:His words and actions seem to validate those studies conducted years ago by the CDC which indicated that regularly injecting high grade bolivian marching powder with a 10% cut of dilaudid directly into the inner eardrum and immediately followed by drinking a shot glass filled with pure liquid THC mixed with a micro dose of LSD can lead to projecting one's own shortcomings & illnesses upon others.


Chances of Penquin being Gozer...87% :wink:

gozer
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5894
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:35 pm
Location: everywhere
Contact:

Re: Pornography in the Forum

Postby gozer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:51 pm

Stebben84 wrote:Has nothing to do with virtues and everything to do with courtesy and what I like to think are some boundaries on the forum. I've been posting and visiting for years and no one has ever blatently posted something like that here. I could give a shit in and of itself for the photo. It was randomly throwing it up on a thread like that. It was a fucking weak ass move and instead of saying, "shit, sorry I threw that up there," you throw signal virtuing at me. Whatever dude. If you don't get it, then there's nothing more I can do. Peace out.


the one thing i remember about u is that u have had a problem with me on general principle at least since 2010, so would anything i could have said or done up to and including taking it down myself have earned the stebben84 seal of approval? i think not, and being in a charitable mood as always i will surmise that this alone was the reason for the over-the-top, potty-mouthed original post and response -- so maybe it wasn't virtue signalling after all . . .

and by all means keep encouraging your fine-feathered friend with the near non-existent reading comprehension and congenital lying issue to keep jumping up and down on that rapidly-thinning ice -- nothing would make me happier, and many other forons as well . . . though i thought u knew better than to align yourself with a passive-aggressive stalker like that . . .

jman111
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5551
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:43 pm
Location: Dane County
Contact:

Re: Pornography in the Forum

Postby jman111 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:53 pm


gozer
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5894
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:35 pm
Location: everywhere
Contact:

Re: Pornography in the Forum

Postby gozer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:04 pm

jman111 wrote:fight club


a good suggestion, but as for me, i am running dangerously low on spleen so the above post is going to be it for a while . . .

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 11198
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:30 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Pornography in the Forum

Postby gargantua » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:54 pm

gozer wrote:
jman111 wrote:fight club


a good suggestion, but as for me, i am running dangerously low on spleen so the above post is going to be it for a while . . .

Speaking only for myself, I don't engage with the fine feathered friend since I don't buy his act. I didn't really care for the post that started this particular beef, but no problem with you personally.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5894
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:35 pm
Location: everywhere
Contact:

Re: Pornography in the Forum

Postby gozer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:19 pm

gargantua wrote:
gozer wrote:
jman111 wrote:fight club


a good suggestion, but as for me, i am running dangerously low on spleen so the above post is going to be it for a while . . .

Speaking only for myself, I don't engage with the fine feathered friend since I don't buy his act. I didn't really care for the post that started this particular beef, but no problem with you personally.


i certainly appreciate that . . . and had i known that the picture was still up after 48 hours or so (having felt, for some reason based on the title of the thread in question that we had another "threats"-type pseudo-libel thread developing, this having nothing to do with cadfael either but my apparently getting distracted from the fact he or she was the thread-starter -- mea culpa to be sure) i would have taken the initiative to take it down . . .

seeing as the moderators are apparently already actively zapping our counter-shaded vandal's worst attempts at personal attacks on other forons, i figured the median expected lifetime of such an nc-17-rated erotica photo, or if one must conflate it all, pr0n, was something around 6 to 15 hours, so i really assumed the whole thread had been locked, zapped, or at least cleansed by the moderators and/or admins; i was almost as shocked as the rest of u all to see the whole thing still there on 22. march . . . i don't go scouring the board endlessly with excel or lotus open to save anything i think i can use years later like some folks . . .

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 11198
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:30 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Pornography in the Forum

Postby gargantua » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:00 pm

Damn....people do that?


Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests