Bobblehead

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Bobblehead

Postby DCB » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:58 pm

The opening line in Davidoff's recent article is just terrific.

My first reaction was that this was just gratuitous snarkiness, taking one silly thing out of context.

Then I read the whole story and decided it was spot-on.

How do you write yet another story about "the Walker administration is a bunch of hacks who are fucking up the government" and make it interesting, especially for those of us that reached peak outrage years ago? Its hard.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Bobblehead

Postby gargantua » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:35 pm

The only thing the story lacks is context. It will take decades to undo the damage that Walker et al have inflicted on this state....if it can be at all.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:14 pm

By context, do you mean "why the hell did they pick this doofus"? I think that part is fascinating. Nobody in the Walker administration has to bother providing even a pretense. "We don't have to explain our actions".

Is there a "real" reason? Standard practice for Republicans in 2018 is to pick somebody with a record of antipathy to the agency they're put in charge of. This guy is too young to have a record of anything.

Is he somebody's favorite boy-toy? or just sufficiently wing-nutty?

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:19 pm

If the Trump administration can do this, that means everyone else ought to as well, just to confirm they're up to date modern Republicants.

Jared Kushner. Hope Hicks.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:12 am

republ-i-can-and-u-cant . . . . . free sex . . . free love . . . .free food . . free medical care . . . free money for poor people . . republ-can-for -free money for firms a

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”