Isthmus enables the 'man in the middle'

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Isthmus enables the 'man in the middle'

Postby gozer » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:39 pm

timby wrote:JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS

zangara, the fellow who allegedly tried to shoot president-elect f d r was aiming for chicago mayor anton cermak all along and was tasked with this project by al capone

oswald was really shooting at governor connally

people hoping for change of government of some sort purposely goaded archduke ferdinand into visitiing sarajevo on st vitus' day 1914 and he was going to announce the change from a dual to a treble monarchy by adding a king of croatia

Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paleo2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:26 am

timby wrote:JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS

Lead foil is far superior in blocking harmful radiation and electromagnetic rays than aluminum foil.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: but the aluminum foil taste better than the lead stuff

Postby penquin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:57 pm

Paleo2 wrote:Lead foil is far superior in blocking harmful radiation and electromagnetic rays than aluminum foil.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:56 am

the thing i wonder about the truther movement is a chicken-and-the-egg sort of thing: was it people who were aware of truth becoming the first casualty of war and sensing a new paradigm born on 11. september 2001 figured that, well, anything could be possible no matter how far out it may have sounded on 10. september 2001 -- or was the nucleus of the movement people who hated president bush so much that they would swallow anything if it made him look bad? or something else completely?

and i think the 7 world trade centre part of their case such as it is was due to an honest misunderstanding on the part of all sorts of people . . .

granted that "u are either with us, or u are with the terrorists" was unhelpful in the extreme, as can now be seen in a list of locales from caracas to islamabad which disappointingly grew a lot from 2009 to 2016 . . .

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:13 am

something apparently web-related as near as i can tell which i have been wondering about is if there is some reason that when i have entered some posts during the past couple of days they don't show up right (missing, duplicated, or out of order paragraphs, typos i know i did not make because i wrote the ones in question on a text editor on my local machine because of the limitations and strange and inconsistent behaviour of the phpbb spelling minder, or at least the commonwealth english one, and can sometimes take multiple edits to get them to save and display correctly -- i am trying to see if it is happening on my side but i figured i would see if anybody had a similar experience . . .

and one of the doubleclick ads is slowing down the form -- i had to bang "post reply" and click links multiple times in order to post this . . .

take six, t+40 minutes . . . of course, this is a new laptop computer i am using and admit that against my better judgement i used firefox on here whilst downloading the much better browser that roy recommends, and that probably has something to do with that . . . a stitch in time saves nine or something like that . . .

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Sun May 13, 2018 12:13 am

gozer wrote:
Mad Howler wrote:I guess I'm wondering what bothers Isthmus about implementing end to end encryption. I would have thought given all the attention Wisconsin (& Isthmus) got around 2011 some precautions might have clicked in place. Since this hasn't happened in any nominal sense - you & I are broadcasting extra data.
I suspect this "extra data" has some value.

2011 in isthmus land . . . amongst other things, was that the cataclysmic fall of the dewar & daisy chain? i thought that was 2002-3 . . .

I'm going to have to look into the "dewar & daisy chain"

other i
Forum Addict

Postby other i » Sun May 13, 2018 3:41 pm

"Dewar & Daisy chain" was a point in time. BEFORE you could actually find out things from the forum that you might otherwise not know and maybe even were not known generally. AFTER.... well this.

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Wed May 16, 2018 12:34 am

Good on ya.
I think that you are correct in thinking that any stab at "goodness" is co-optable.
gozer wrote:the thing i wonder about the truther movement is a chicken-and-the-egg sort of thing: was it people who were aware of truth becoming the first casualty of war and sensing a new paradigm born on 11. september 2001 figured that, well, anything could be possible no matter how far out it may have sounded on 10. september 2001 -- or was the nucleus of the movement people who hated president bush so much that they would swallow anything if it made him look bad? or something else completely?

and i think the 7 world trade centre part of their case such as it is was due to an honest misunderstanding on the part of all sorts of people . . .

granted that "u are either with us, or u are with the terrorists" was unhelpful in the extreme, as can now be seen in a list of locales from caracas to islamabad which disappointingly grew a lot from 2009 to 2016 . . .

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:55 pm

Thank you
Sorry, I've been busy.
When did this (HTTPS) get implemented?
posting.php
Not a silver bullet but it does make disruption of discourse more difficult.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”