An open letter (plea) to Fflambeau:

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Re: An open letter (plea) to Fflambeau:

Postby Cadfael » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:08 pm

gargantua wrote:I think we need to handle this ourselves if we want to beat the odds. More than don't respond. Don't even look at any of it's posts. It lives for reaction. Just. Don't. Do. It.

I do not believe that would work either. I think flam is happy just knowing we can see the titles. By now he knows how irritating he's become to several people and his goal has shifted from obsessive thread creator to obsessive irritating.

He's sitting here wiggling his finger near your head saying "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching yooooooo"

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: An open letter (plea)

Postby penquin » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:51 pm

I'm guessing that due to the previous admin's heavy use of the ban-hammer, with no rhyme nor reasoning behind it other than "because", they wish to tread a lot lighter now with plenty of warning being given before throwing someone out the door. Isthmus was getting a nasty name in the community due to their previous actions, and I can't blame the new management for now wanting to handle things differently.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:02 am

Cadfael wrote:
gargantua wrote:I think we need to handle this ourselves if we want to beat the odds. More than don't respond. Don't even look at any of it's posts. It lives for reaction. Just. Don't. Do. It.

I do not believe that would work either. I think flam is happy just knowing we can see the titles. By now he knows how irritating he's become to several people and his goal has shifted from obsessive thread creator to obsessive irritating.

He's sitting here wiggling his finger near your head saying "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching yooooooo"

that's right -- voice an objection and ffascist logs in under another name and follows u around the forum.

i also don't know why ffascist's comments on the jewish community and "darkies" were not enough for the million-kilo shithammer . . . i say read all of them once for a trip through the fever swamps and to know why the hammer is sorely needed . .

i think the evidence of some bizarre idea about how the forum works and myriad slip-ups should point u to probable sock puppets. . .. yer not that clever: give it up -- or, like your hero ernst röhm, just keep pressing that accelerator and see what happens . . . unless of course u are claiming the talent of bilocation at will, which i somehow doubt . .

when one is dealing with folks whose response to reproof is to do the thing all the more, i don't think providing another chance is going to be helpful. wipe out excessive multi-posting, fascist pay-per-post and stalking . . . break out the million-kilo shithammer. its inventor seems to be doing well for himself these days and the thing about i d p f getting a reputation in the community is just more propaganda . . .

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:21 am

gargantua wrote:More than don't respond. Don't even look at any of it's posts. It lives for reaction. Just. Don't. Do. It.

Roy in a nutshell. Too bad you have to respond.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Re: An open letter (plea)

Postby jman111 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:29 am

penquin wrote:Isthmus was getting a nasty name in the community due to their previous actions...

Which community?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:04 am

bdog wrote:
gargantua wrote:More than don't respond. Don't even look at any of it's posts. It lives for reaction. Just. Don't. Do. It.

Roy in a nutshell. Too bad you have to respond.

I don't agree. You're trying for a false equivalency here. It's not even close.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:10 am

gargantua wrote:I think we need to handle this ourselves if we want to beat the odds. More than don't respond. Don't even look at any of it's posts. It lives for reaction. Just. Don't. Do. It. And Shorty/Beaver? Thanks for contributing to the death of the Forum, you stupid, fucking, idiot. You're sticking up for the person who's trying to kill it. Then who will appreciate your topic about naked bike rides and the like?

Flambeau's posts are better than many people on this board...I mean bored, including yours.

But I am not sticking up for him. I would like him toned down or banned. Did you read this? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=68098

As usual, you are wrong and insulting, you stupid, fucking, idiot.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”