Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Postby gozer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:36 am

gargantua wrote:I'm not pissed at anyone. There are a few individuals I don't bother with. They aren't worth anyone's anger, really. They're just trolling. Whatever. Take the bait if you like and enjoy the ride. Just don't complain when they keep it up because you kept feeding them.

u know that i was responding to pengsock, right? for the last time too since i agree 100 per cent . . .

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:30 pm

gozer wrote:
gargantua wrote:I'm not pissed at anyone. There are a few individuals I don't bother with. They aren't worth anyone's anger, really. They're just trolling. Whatever. Take the bait if you like and enjoy the ride. Just don't complain when they keep it up because you kept feeding them.

u know that i was responding to pengsock, right? for the last time too since i agree 100 per cent . . .

My post wasn't directed at any particular individual. I'm not without sin in this regard myself.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

From the book of John, Chapter 8 Verses 63-66

Postby penquin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:45 pm

gargantua wrote:I'm not without sin in this regard myself.

Jesus came across an adulteress crouching in the corner with a crowd around her, preparing to stone her to death. He placed himself between the woman & the group, and said to them "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Suddenly a woman at the back of the crowd chucked a stone, hitting the harlot directly in the face. When Jesus looked over to see who had thrown that rock, he sighed loudly and said "Damn it Mom! Sometimes you really piss me off."

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Ha! That's one of my all-time favorite Jesus jokes!
I'm also fond of the one where Jesus takes over watching the Pearly Gates so St. Peter can go take a dump. An old man approaches and says he's looking for his son. "Can you describe him?" asks Jesus. "Well, he's got some very identifiable marks on his body. . . He's got nail holes in his hands and nail holes in his feet . . ." "Dad!" exclaims Jesus, "It's me!" To which the old man replies puzzledly, "You're Pinnochio?"

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Misinterpreted?

Postby penquin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:35 am

penquin wrote:It appeared to me that you offered a wager which, according to your own words, could have at least three different dates (spread almost a year apart) on which the task ("Running for Prez") would be fulfilled. I asked you to clarify as to which of those dates would suffice for you, and your response was to claim running for President is simply running for President and anybody should know when that begins. You then proceeded to call me names, insult my intelligence and accuse me of being mentally ill.

What part of that am I misinterpreting?

Bump'd for Bland.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:03 am

Bumped why?
Are you having as much trouble understanding the concept of "I am through with you" as you did with the whole "running for president" thing?

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:10 am

Bland wrote:Bumped why?

Because I would like an answer.

This isn't about that bet, rather it is about your bigoted comments and baseless accusations.

Perhaps someone else can explain what I "misinterpreted" in that post so you can then copy their words...

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:14 am

penquin wrote:
Bland wrote:Bumped why?

Because I would like an answer.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:21 am

Bland wrote:Are you having as much trouble understanding the concept of "I am through with you" as you did with the whole "running for president" thing?

By continuing to respond to me, it appears that you are the one who is as confused by "I am through with you" as you were confused about the whole "running for Prez" thing. Part of being a mature adult is admitting when one is wrong...which may explain why you are having such a difficult time doing so.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:24 am

Give it up. I said am through with you regarding that bet.
Are you trying to beat Roy for title of Densest Daily Page Poster or what?

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:32 am

Bland wrote:Give it up. I said am through with you regarding that bet.

At first you said that, but then you changed your mind and edited your message to make it clear it was more than just that bet. And as I just said, this is no longer about the wager you were putting forth - rather it is about your bigoted remarks and baseless accusations.

Pretty simple question actually - You mentioned at least three different events, which happen at three different times, that would show someone is running for President. All I was asking is which of those three would suffice for the purposes of your bet. I wasn't arguing about the definition of "Running for Prez" at all, just wanting to know the terms of the bet.

Starting to appear that this whole wager idea was simply you (once again) copying someone else's words while having no idea what was actually being discussed, and thus you got angry&pouty when pressed for the details.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:39 am

penquin wrote:
Bland wrote:Give it up. I said am through with you regarding that bet.

At first you said that, but then you changed your mind and edited your message to make it clear it was more than just that bet.

Dear lord just stop embarrassing yourself.

I edited my comment above to be snarkier. The link provides the context which makes clear I was talking about the bet.

That you can't let this go says way more about your maturity or lack thereof than mine, btw.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:44 am

Also, just out of curiosity......

Why the fuck did you post this in this thread?
It's okay if you don't want to answer. I'll just assume the reason is extremely stupid.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:51 am

Bland wrote:Why the fuck did you post this in this thread?

Which comment(s) do you mean by "this"?

And I ain't embarrassed by anything I've said in this thread. Which is why it doesn't trouble me at all to answer questions and clarify my remarks if need be...

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:54 am

penquin wrote:
Bland wrote:Why the fuck did you post this in this thread?

Which comment(s) do you mean by "this"?

You have got to be kidding me.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”