Worst of TDPF

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Worst of TDPF

Postby pjbogart » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:47 pm

bdog wrote:Was the penultimate straw when pj wished an agonizing death upon Sandi and then doubled down on it?

Or was it one of Ned's gifs?

I don't recall ever saying that, but I was pretty sensitive at the time. You can do the digging.

If Sandi resents paying for other's medical treatment with her taxes, I resent paying for hers. And yeah, I stand by that. My mother's husband was blind from a botched brain tumor operation at the age of 5 that mostly severed his optic nerve and was unemployed when she retired. She got medicare, he was 7 years younger and not yet eligible. He got cancer, couldn't work and had no insurance. Sandi suggested she shouldn't have to pay for insurance for people who were irresponsible. While she was receiving radiation therapy on the government dime.

I didn't much cotton to that theory. And I'll double down again, if it pleases you. Mark meant a hell of a lot more to me than Sandi, and he was on his deathbed at the time (and has since died).

So fuck you, bdog. And fuck Sandi and Penquin too. My family means a hell of a lot more to me than a trio of anonymous selfish right-wing fucks.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:53 pm

kurt_w wrote:That's the last straw, as far as I'm concerned. Bye.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:17 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:/^.*$/

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:22 pm

A) You're as clueless as usual if you think I am "anonymous" and/or "right-wing". And what the hell did I say that labels me as "selfish"? You're just blindly lashing out now...

B) It's a weird sort of entitlement to compare veteran's benefits to welfare. (Not saying there is anything wrong with welfare, just that it is messed-up how you view the two as the same thing)

C) You're one hell of an ugly drunk.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:15 am

Peej I was more questioning Kurt's motives than yours. It's just odd that he quit the forum over Huck's FMK and gave your hatred a pass.

And it is hatred despite your rationalization. It doesn't do anyone any good, including yourself.

As the old saying goes, dig 2 graves...

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Image

Flanders, you're a very bad man, everyone says so and I know it must be true. Yet you make me laugh.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Huckleby wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:Image

Flanders, you're a very bad man, everyone says so and I know it must be true. Yet you make me laugh.

Is there a bigger whiney bitch than Kurt? Yes, Bookie and Waggie give him a run for his money, but he takes the cake!

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:10 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Is there a bigger whiney bitch than Kurt?

Kurt is all right; like most of us he just gets fed up from time to time. but usually he is upbeat and generally comes across in a positive manner.. The actual biggest whiner on the board is Neade. I have yet to see a post from him where he isn't complaining and crying about something.

And what was this about cake? I want cake.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:43 pm

penquin wrote: Kurt is all right; like most of us he just gets fed up from time to time.

I always focus on the positive contributions people make & try to forget the rest. By that standard, Kurt is aces.

I did not appreciate the extended pogrom against Sandi for her(?) recommendation on dick cuisine. A mention is enough, hammering away at somebody as homophobic is recreational overkill. I didn't approve of the effort by press to thoroughly damn Alec Baldwin's character for calling paparazzi guy a cocksucker. I see excessive blood sport.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:37 am

kurt_w wrote:But there needs to be some effort to assert the Forum's core values. If there are any core values. Otherwise, the bigots will just be emboldened, and more and more people will be turned off.

I would guess the moderator role consists of someone taking a cursory glance here once or twice a week. I'm a little shocked the Forum still exists at all. I mean there's what... two or three dozen regular contributors, and if posting on your employer's time wasn't an option there would be days with no movement at all.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:06 am

True. They're trying to kill this section off by passive neglect. They quit posting snippets in the paper version, and the only way anybody can find it is by digging several clicks deep through the menus on the front page of the electronic version. I'm sure whatever small expenditure is required to keep it running at all could be put to use elsewhere.

I have no idea why they upgraded the software just before doing this.

Also I bet they never see this post.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:46 am

snoqueen wrote:and the only way anybody can find it is by digging several clicks deep through the menus on the front page of the electronic version.

Uh, I don't get this one. If you hover over news and opinion it is one click away.

Front page.png
Front page.png (61.37 KiB) Viewed 3952 times

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:44 am

Promote TDPF !

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:12 pm

I've been here for quite a while and TDPF is definitely circling the drain. As others have pointed out, the new Isthmus owners have no intention of promoting it. And the options for posting, interacting, etc are badly outdated.

It's been a good run, but I think that it's mostly over Johnny.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:30 am

Ducatista wrote:
DCB wrote:While our common vernacular includes such phrases "don't speak ill of the dead" (and the related "if you nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"), these sentiments appears nowhere in the source documents. These modernist flourishes were introduced by manners activists. An originalist reading of etiquette rules clearly demonstrates that there is no "waiting period" required before celebrating the death of horrible people.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”