Harvey Weinstein

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Harvey Weinstein

Postby Cadfael » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:33 pm

I'm not sure if this one belongs here or the Moore thread, or maybe Spacy, or is there one for Louis CK yet?

What the hell, here.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Harvey Weinstein

Postby Cadfael » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:29 pm

Peter Jackson, on how Ashley Judd and Mira Sorvino got cut from LOTR.
“I recall Miramax telling us they were a nightmare to work with and we should avoid them at all costs. This was probably in 1998,” Jackson said. “At the time, we had no reason to question what these guys were telling us – but in hindsight, I realize that this was very likely the Miramax smear campaign in full swing… I now suspect we were fed false information about both of these talented women – and as a direct result their names were removed from our casting list.”

The thing that strikes me is that the excuse "that's just Harvey being Harvey" seems to get thrown around a lot. Which implies that quite a few people knew what Harvey was like when he was being Harvey. And yet mainstream casting crews never wondered if his company might be smearing an actress. I kinda thought there was a better grapevine in that industry.

Return to “Movies”