Golden Globes

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Golden Globes

Postby Beaver » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:42 am

Big night for La La Land. I look forward to seeing it. Good speech by Meryl Streep.

Best picture, drama: “Moonlight”
Best picture, comedy or musical: “La La Land”
Actress, drama: Isabelle Huppert, “Elle”
Actor, drama: Casey Affleck, “Manchester by the Sea”
Actress, comedy or musical: Emma Stone, “La La Land”
Actor, comedy or musical: Ryan Gosling, “La La Land”
Supporting actress: Viola Davis, “Fences”
Supporting actor: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, “Nocturnal Animals”
Director: Damien Chazelle, “La La Land”
Screenplay: Damien Chazelle, “La La Land”
Animated film: “Zootopia”
Foreign language film: “Elle” (France)

Trump blasts Meryl Streep after Golden Globes speech
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-blasts ... 18222.html

"“Meryl Streep, one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood, doesn’t know me but attacked last night at the Golden Globes,” Trump tweeted, noting that Streep had campaigned for his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton. “She is a Hillary flunky who lost big,” Trump wrote."..

During her speech, the 67-year-old three-time Oscar winner said there were “many, many powerful performances” by actors this year, “but there was one performance this year that stunned” her. “It sank its hooks in my heart,” she said. “Not because it was good; there was nothing good about it. But it was effective, and it did its job. It made its intended audience laugh and show their teeth. It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter. Someone he outranked in privilege, power, and the capacity to fight back.”

Return to “Movies”