An Evening with Jane Fonda

Theater, Dance, Visual Arts, Music That Doesn't Rawk, Overture issues, etc.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 am

Tickets for this event will go on sale to the public FRI, JAN 18 at 11 AM. Questions? Call the ticket office at 608.258.4141.

https://www.overture.org/events/jane-fo ... umber=4899

A Celebration of a Storied Career
SUN, JUL 7
OVERTURE HALL: $40 - $250

"Join two time Oscar award-winning actress Jane Fonda for a career retrospective live on stage in Overture Hall. Clips from her storied career will be shared, along with stories, conversation and an audience Q&A as we celebrate one of the profession’s best.

Not limited to the big screen, Jane has influenced society in many ways. Off screen, she is an impassioned activist supporting a number of causes to which she is deeply committed. Her aerobic-exercise videos in the 1980’s helped shape the fitness craze in the U.S. that is still going strong. Her television projects (including The Newsroom and Grace and Frankie), best-selling books (including My Life So Far and Prime Time) and movies (including On Golden Pond and 9 to 5) have made her a true living legend. From Barbarella to Book Club, don’t miss a celebration of Jane Fonda."

MPMay
Forum Addict

Re: An Evening with Jane Fonda

Postby MPMay » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:45 pm

I'm in, but I could not convince my wife to go for the $250 VIP Meet and Greet tickets.

There is sort of a circle of life here. Back in the 70's, my first date with my first wife was to see then radical Jane Fonda on the UW campus. I convinced her to go with me even though she was pretty non-political, and, since I was broke at the time, she paid the $2 admission.

I'm ponying up for the tickets for this one. Amazing what nearly 50 years of inflation have done to ticket prices.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:45 pm

Let us know how you like it.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:57 pm

She is the prettiest star I've ever seen in person.

Return to “The Arts”