Wizard World Comic Con Feb 6-8

Theater, Dance, Visual Arts, Music That Doesn't Rawk, Overture issues, etc.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Wizard World Comic Con Feb 6-8

Postby Beaver » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:51 pm

William Shatner is coming here for this. I hope he doesn't just make more ads for Hupy and Abraham injury lawyers. Ticket info here: http://www.wizardworld.com/home-madison.html

February 06, 2015 - February 08, 2015
1919 Alliant Energy Center Way
Alliant Energy Center of Dane County
Recurring daily
Friday 3-8pm, Saturday 10am-7pm, Sunday 11am-5pm

http://www.visitmadison.com/includes/ca ... +More+Info
Join tens of thousands of fellow fans as they converge on the Alliant Energy Center at Wizard World Madison to celebrate the best in pop-fi, movies, graphic novels, cosplay, comics, television, sci-fi, toys, video gaming, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Wizard World Madison is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday night.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Wizard World Comic Con Feb 6-8

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:23 pm

Beaver wrote:William Shatner is coming here for this.

Fuck William Shatner, Bruce Campbell is coming. They've actually lined up a pretty impressive line up for its first time. From what I've heard they're really trying to make this a premiere Midwest Comic Con annually.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:14 pm

There are plenty of examples of Shatner's assholery and egotism online. This thread is a great example.

HA! Just checked, and Shatner's World, "a voyage through Shatner’s life and career, from Shakespearean stage actor to internationally known icon and raconteur" that was scheduled at Overture has been cancelled, "due to a scheduling conflict". Uh huh. I'm sure it had nothing to do with tickets starting at $45.

What a douche.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:23 pm

Stebben84 wrote:
Beaver wrote:William Shatner is coming here for this.

Fuck William Shatner, Bruce Campbell is coming.

NUTS! We're out of town that weekend. I would probably have paid the fifty bucks for one day if he was on the schedule.

Saw him at Sundance here when "My Name is Bruce" premiered. I like him. Tells good stories. Good banter with the crowd.

Return to “The Arts”