Book of Mormon

Theater, Dance, Visual Arts, Music That Doesn't Rawk, Overture issues, etc.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Book of Mormon

Postby john_titor » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Wow. This is the hot ticket (next to Chappelle).

I was willing to pay top dollar and the seats were gone two minutes in. I wasted a lot of time until I could find two nose-bleeds on my second-choice night. Appreciate any tips, dinner, theater, or otherwise.

http://www.overturecenter.org/events/the-book-of-mormon

roadkill bill
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Book of Mormon

Postby roadkill bill » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:14 pm

I got "in-line" on their site at 10:30 AM for tickets that would go on sale at 11 AM. By 11, I was # 25 in line. Great, no problem. After getting to the front of the line at 11:15, I tried to buy tickets. I finally got my seats and all at 11:45 AM. That's right - 1/2 hour to just get to the point of being allowed to buy seats after getting in to the ticket site.

It literally took so long to process my order on line that I got kicked off the site and lost my tickets. It took more than 15 minutes to process the order on line, and they deleted my order because it took too long!

Each click on the site takes several minutes to load the next page in the process.

Overture: You really need to upgrade your site. (It's not my computer, because all other websites work just fine.)

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Got my nose-bleed seats last night during Pre-sale.... $45 a pop, they were well over $200 a piece in Chicago a year or two ago. Glad I finally get to see it.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:39 pm

I got up at five thirty and was in line at the door at 6:35. There was already a line thirty people long and it grew till 7. Then they opened the doors, gave everybody a number and said "Be here at 9 and we can't guarantee anything if you're not here when your number is called."

So I had breakfast and came back at nine. Got two pretty good tickets for Friday. I'm not sayin how much except that I'm really surprised even the nosebleeds went for 45.

Four tickets max per person but if you were with someone, you could both go to the window at the same time and hunt for seats all together.

All in all, I think it wasn't a bad system but I really wish I'd known the particulars beforehand. I would have stood in line to get a number and then had mrs rabble pick up the tickets.

They were getting people lined up to the windows ten at a time. When I left they were still handing out numbers and I think it was in the three hundreds. The line was moving pretty good. Only a few people were monopolizing the window trying to get the the best seats for multiple shows and four tickets each.

I'm not surprised that the online sales were slim pickings. Hot ticket is right.

roadkill bill
Forum God/Goddess

Postby roadkill bill » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:04 pm

Got tired of waiting and went over to the box office around noon. Hour and a half wait there, so I just gave up. The touring company is going to be in Chicago for 2.5 months. Tickets aren't that much more, and I can make a weekend of it.

Less frustration and a reason to go to Chicago with a few friends.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:47 pm

Waited 3 hours in the online "waiting room" (started at #784). Once our number came up, we were immediately bumped back to number 721 in line.

That website is clearly not up to the task.

roadkill bill
Forum God/Goddess

Postby roadkill bill » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:40 pm

Yeah. As I said, might as well make a weekend of it in Chicago. It's playing in a wonderful historic Loop theater Feb 24-May17.

With tickets $67-$107, it's not that much more than Overture. And I'll bet their website works.

Return to “The Arts”