Virgin giving it away

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Virgin giving it away

Postby Shorty » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:25 am

Not that type of virgin. The cell phone company.

-To join Virgin's "Inner Circle" and get the $1 plan, you must purchase an iPhone from an Apple Store or Virgin's site and transfer your existing number.
-Virgin's lineup includes all current-generation iPhones, from the iPhone SE (which starts at $279) to the iPhone 7 Plus (from $770).
-You get unlimited calls and text messages, and up to 23GB of 4G LTE data per month.
-No contract, cancel anytime.
-Offer ends 7/31/17

How to decide if Virgin's $1 mobile plan is right for you
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-deci ... 6166441759

"the $1 plan isn't really just $1: You'll be on the hook for taxes and fees each month. Granted, these won't amount to more than just a few dollars, meaning you still come out way ahead compared with a traditional plan....

To sweeten the deal even further, Virgin is offering some extras...For example, how about a free flight to the UK? Buy one round-trip ticket there on Virgin Atlantic and you'll pay just taxes and fees for a companion ticket. Similarly, if you book two nights in a Virgin hotel, you'll score a third night for free. You can also get 15 bottles of vino from Virgin Wines for $60 -- a purchase that would normally cost at least $230. Other perks includes discounts on airfare and an upcoming Virgin Sport event in San Francisco."

https://www.virginmobileusa.com

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Virgin giving it away

Postby Roy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Shorty wrote:...and up to 23GB of 4G LTE data per month.

I am not sure why anyone with a computer/internet would care about data on their phone.

Switch data off, and connect to your home network. Now all your data is through your internet provider and doesn't count on your phone, as data usage. Not to mention that your ISP is usually faster.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:29 pm

Because the phone is portable. Can be used for intenet outside the home. Or use your phone as a hotspot and cancel your home internet. Save money. Or use as a backup when home internet is out.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Shorty wrote:Because the phone is portable. Can be used for intenet outside the home. Or use your phone as a hotspot and cancel your home internet. Save money. Or use as a backup when home internet is out.

Well that is true, or at least partly. When I am outside home, it is quite often at a place when I can find a connect. If not I can wait until I get home to upload the picture, clip, etc.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:58 pm

A more perfect demonstration of Roy's utter inability to see something from any perspective but his own extremely limited one could not be hoped for. I mean why would anyone want to use the internet outside their home for any purpose other than uploading a picture or clip? Stupid worthless internet with so few uses!

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Roy wrote:Switch data off, and connect to your home network. Now all your data is through your internet provider and doesn't count on your phone, as data usage. Not to mention that your ISP is usually faster.

Broadband data is typically throttle- or overage fee-capped, too.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Bland wrote:A more perfect demonstration of Roy's utter inability to see something from any perspective but his own extremely limited one could not be hoped for. I mean why would anyone want to use the internet outside their home for any purpose other than uploading a picture or clip? Stupid worthless internet with so few uses!

Look if you have nothing to add but insults. F' off troll.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Roy wrote:
Bland wrote:A more perfect demonstration of Roy's utter inability to see something from any perspective but his own extremely limited one could not be hoped for. I mean why would anyone want to use the internet outside their home for any purpose other than uploading a picture or clip? Stupid worthless internet with so few uses!

I am glad my post irritated you. ( Yes I understand you will say it didn't, but that is not being honest )
:mrgreen: :lol: :P :clap: :thumbup:

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Bland wrote:
Roy wrote:

I am glad my post irritated you. ( Yes I understand you will say it didn't, but that is not being honest )
:mrgreen: :lol: :P :clap: :thumbup:

On the contrary, I an honest, and say that "yes" it did irritate me. Just like your link did you. LMAO

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:00 pm

Roy wrote:

Actually Bland did add some info. It was apparent that you didn't understand that people want to use the internet when they aren't at home, or that there are people who have phones but not an Internet Service Provider. I know several people whose only internet service is their phone.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:58 pm

No Cad, he had even less to contribute than you now.

autobrew

Postby autobrew » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:40 pm

Roy wrote:
Shorty wrote:...and up to 23GB of 4G LTE data per month.

I am not sure why anyone with a computer/internet would care about data on their phone.

Well,

1) You can easily take your phone outside of your house. Sometimes I use my phone to connect my (laptop) computer to the internet if I'm in a place that doesn't have wi-fi.

2) Even at home, AT&T has limits on your data.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:00 pm

Deadline extended to 8/31.

Return to “Technology & Video Games”