Black Friday, Cyber week

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Black Friday

Postby gargantua » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:46 pm

Cadfael wrote:For some of them yes. For a whole lot of others that I know there ain't no bonus. There's just "Would you like to keep your job? I've got a pile of applications I can replace you with, and they'll work when I tell 'em to."

Believe it or not, they're almost begging for workers now. A couple of my favorite restaurants had to cut back their open hours.
One might think that keeping migrants out had something to do with it. Labor isn't making more money, even though it's in short supply. Sorry this is a little off topic....the labor shortage is more pronounced now. That pile of applications is very last year.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:56 pm

gargantua wrote:the labor shortage is more pronounced now. That pile of applications is very last year.

Point taken.

I also know people who can't get workers. And they don't work on BF. Okay, so maybe that part ain't quite as true any more.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Cadfael wrote:
gargantua wrote:the labor shortage is more pronounced now. That pile of applications is very last year.

Point taken.

I also know people who can't get workers. And they don't work on BF. Okay, so maybe that part ain't quite as true any more.

I really think it's due to Trump's crackdown on honest, hard-working immigrants. The people who do the jobs that most Americans don't need or want to do. It's biting us in the ass and it behooves us to point that out at every opportunity. And there will be plenty of those in the coming months.

Eian Mcneely

Postby Eian Mcneely » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:21 am

I am all set for this year black friday and am eagerly awaiting the PS4's price coming down so I can finally buy one. Plus i just catch this 89% off black friday vpn deal and hoping to pick up some more like these :)

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Black Friday, Cyber week

Postby Shorty » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Amazon announces a record-breaking holiday, ‘tens of millions’ of new Prime subscribers
https://techcrunch.com/2018/12/26/amazo ... bscribers/

"Amazon had another record-breaking holiday season, the retailer announced this morning. The company says it added “tens of millions” of people who signed up for Prime memberships, both paid and on a trial basis. Its worldwide customers also shopped and ordered more items than ever before, including “millions more Amazon devices” compared with this time last year. The device best-sellers, as on Black Friday, again included Amazon Echo speakers and Fire TV.

Specifically, Amazon said its top devices sold over the holidays were the Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick 4K and the Echo.
Millions of Fire TV devices, Fire tablets and Kindle devices were also sold. Smart home devices sold in record numbers as well, with best sellers including Amazon Smart Plug, Ring Video Doorbell 2, TP-Link Kasa Smart Plug Mini Outlet and the iRobot Roomba 690."

Return to “Catch All”