Flu shot

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Flu shot

Postby Shorty » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:36 pm

It's that time of year again. Here are some interesting articles saying Vitamin D may be more effective than the flu shot.

VITAMIN D VS THE FLU VACCINE - IS THERE A STAND-OUT WINNER?
https://www.fxmedicine.com.au/blog-post ... out-winner

"The results of these two studies suggests that vitamin D may be almost 6 times more effective at preventing influenza than vaccination. Interestingly too, evidence shows that those with lower vitamin D levels in the winter months are more likely to get influenza."

Vitamin D for influenza
Gerry Schwalfenberg, MD CCFP FCFP
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4463890/

"A colleague of mine and I have introduced vitamin D at doses that have achieved greater than 100 nmol/L in most of our patients for the past number of years, and we now see very few patients in our clinics with the flu or influenzalike illness. In those patients who do have influenza, we have treated them with the vitamin D hammer, as coined by my colleague. This is a 1-time 50 000 IU dose of vitamin D3 or 10 000 IU 3 times daily for 2 to 3 days. The results are dramatic, with complete resolution of symptoms in 48 to 72 hours. One-time doses of vitamin D at this level have been used safely and have never been shown to be toxic.8 We urgently need a study of this intervention. The cost of vitamin D is about a penny for 1000 IU, so this treatment costs less than a dollar."

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Flu shot

Postby gozer » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:28 pm

remember when they thought vitamin c cured everything and some people were taking so much of it that their urine was so acidic that it burned the inside of their shlong?

the vitamin d crew has some even more interesting fellow travellers -- there was a vogue of using "suspicion of vitamin d deficiency" to give chronic pain sufferers the run-around early in the process combined with even shakier theories about "opioid-induced hyperalgesia" for those later in it -- look pal, i was in the 10 gramme club at one point and nothing like that happened . . .

none the less i take plenty of vitamin d, being nocturnal and all, and stack it with niacin and aspirin and antihistamines so the miss emma and d hits me harder and work better . . .

Return to “Catch All”