Fight Club

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
nonyuppie
Forum Addict

Re: Fight Club

Postby nonyuppie » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Bwis53 wrote:Good civil discourse leaves space for disagreement without resorting to name calling.

I agree

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:38 am

I was pretty much against Trump's hard-line immigration policy, but have to re-think that stance now that I know Henry Vilas would never have been born if such rules were in place back-in-the-day.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:02 am

nonyuppie wrote:
Bwis53 wrote:Good civil discourse leaves space for disagreement without resorting to name calling.

I agree

me too

Cornelius Gotchberg
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornelius Gotchberg » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:32 am

@penquin;

but have to re-think that stance now that I know Henry Vilas would never have been born if such rules were in place back-in-the-day.

The Gotch

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:45 am

penquin wrote:I was pretty much against Trump's hard-line immigration policy, but have to re-think that stance now that I know Henry Vilas would never have been born if such rules were in place back-in-the-day.
Yah, I'd be in Toronto...

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:53 am

Even if penquin's wish that I was never born came true, he'd still be his typical argumentative, illogical self.

Cornelius Gotchberg
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornelius Gotchberg » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:24 am

Waiting for @JoeT to finish up her milquetoast, arrange for her poopy pants to be de-pooped, and configure her emotionally stunted, simpering faux-intellectual pablum.

Wait a minute.

It's almost 08:30 a.m. CDT on Saturday.

Reckon it'll be shelved til cartoons are over.

The Gotch

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:24 am

Bwis53 wrote:
penquin wrote:I was pretty much against Trump's hard-line immigration policy, but have to re-think that stance now that I know Henry Vilas would never have been born if such rules were in place back-in-the-day.
Yah, I'd be in Toronto...

I'd be in Halifax. But I'll settle for Toronto.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:25 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/opinion/28thu4.html
Yet despite his uncompromising beliefs, Mr. Buckley was firmly committed to civil discourse and showed little appetite for the shrillness that plagues far too much of today’s political discourse.
Gotch just can't help himself...

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:51 pm

Bwis53 wrote: Gotch just can't help himself...

Every now and then I open one of his posts just to remind myself why he's on ignore. He still likes to insult male posters by assigning them to the female gender. Because females are inferior, you see.

And people still think he might not be Blaska, eh? Why on earth do you think that?

Cornelius Gotchberg
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornelius Gotchberg » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:05 pm

Cadfael wrote:He still likes to insult male posters by assigning them to the female gender. Because females are inferior, you see.

I think females are inferior? News to me, because, like, you know, gender is a social construct crafted by the EVIL White Y-Chromosomal Patriarchy to subjugate those who are from VENUS, something which I fight til I draw my last gasping breath!

I will concede to thinking INDIVIDUALS are inferior (read: dumb fucks!); I need look no further than the two posts just above this to confirm that!

Anywho, sheesh, I can't catch a break. The posters I think are male are female and visa versa.

Cadfael wrote:And people still think he might not be Blaska, eh? Why on earth do you think that?

The standing wager of a grand is still on the table. Put yer pecuniary wherewithal next to your maxillary orifice, or STFU.

Capisce?

The Gotch

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:57 pm

@ Gotch:

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/opinion/28thu4.html
Yet despite his uncompromising beliefs, Mr. Buckley was firmly committed to civil discourse and showed little appetite for the shrillness that plagues far too much of today’s political discourse.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:42 pm

Cadfael wrote:
Bwis53 wrote: Gotch just can't help himself...

Every now and then I open one of his posts just to remind myself why he's on ignore. He still likes to insult male posters by assigning them to the female gender. Because females are inferior, you see.

And people still think he might not be Blaska, eh? Why on earth do you think that?

I'm agnostic on the idea. IRL, Blaska likes to present himself as a reasonable guy. He's not, very, but that's what he likes to think.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:51 pm

gargantua wrote:
Cadfael wrote:And people still think he might not be Blaska, eh? Why on earth do you think that?

I'm agnostic on the idea. IRL, Blaska likes to present himself as a reasonable guy. He's not, very, but that's what he likes to think.

But he's put on a persona. He doesn't have to pretend he's reasonable. This is him, not his presentation.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:28 pm

Cadfael wrote:
gargantua wrote:

But he's put on a persona. He doesn't have to pretend he's reasonable. This is him, not his presentation.

Well, since I ignore him, I can't really say from my own experience. All I'm in a position to do is accept the possibility.

Return to “Catch All”