obnoxious advertising

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Re: obnoxious advertising

Postby Roy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:30 pm

snoqueen wrote:
rabble wrote:It is interesting that tv shows like Longmire whose viewers have a lot of boomers in the demographic are forced to Netflix to keep going because the producers are after the twenty somethings, but advertisers keep throwing out commercial after commercial aimed at the boomer crowd. Except they seem to be written by people who have no clear idea how boomers think.

They sure don't. All the ads I am shown on line assume I'm in the market for a hearing aid. I've got the hearing of a Doberman.

I have to agree, the advertisers don't have a clue.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:31 pm

Sandi wrote:I have to agree, the advertisers don't have a clue.

Aha! So they're aiming at YOUR demographic. Now I get it.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:36 pm

rabble wrote:
Sandi wrote:I have to agree, the advertisers don't have a clue.

Aha! So they're aiming at YOUR demographic. Now I get it.

No, they are aiming at the progressive liberals. That would be most of this forum.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:58 pm

burger kink is at it again for the first time in a while, with one where they discuss their chicken fries, a favourite product of mine, with a female voice saying that she and the male fries are pregnant, as in they both are. no, men, u are not pregnant, yer wife is and u made her that way, intended or not. "oh, i'm so sorry!" is not an inappropriate feeling to have about it, at least a little bit, at least at the beginning. yes, babies are nice, as a categorical imperative kind of thing, but as sinatra once sang "babies cost a lot of money/please don't make me fuck u honey" not to mention what her body is going to do to her for 9 months. time to be empathetic and supportive, not appropriating like doležal-vanilla ice crowd and those to whom the native american and first nations communities disparagingly refer as"twinkies"

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:07 pm

i see they are doing some corrective advertising for this one which is equally horrid -- one of the worst advertisements i have seen in a raccoon's age is the one by panera bread about how lettuce should be dirty, manners shouldn't matter and all that. i'm not sure what is worse, the promise of e coli o157:h7 and listeria monocytogenes or the advocacy of acting like a shit or a savage . . . shame. i think one of the other things was strawberrys should sing. very well: "u know me/the evil eye/u know me/prepare to die/u know me/the snake bite kiss/the devil's grip/the iron fist"

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:47 pm

Agreed. Don't like how they refer to the food as "clean". Toilets should be clean, food should be good.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:13 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Agreed. Don't like how they refer to the food as "clean". Toilets should be clean, food should be good.

they are now saying that all of their food will be clean by the end of the calendar year . . .

and presumably all of their toilets will be good, in case the manager has to give a customer a swirly (sp?)

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:41 pm

i would not knowingly patronise a firm which used "zip recruiter" to replace any of their personnel people, or line supervisors or others who decide whom to hire -- an ostensible benefit of the tool according to its advertising -- and/or uses it to facilitate cutting corners going forward . . . nor the mattress store that crows about being too cheap to hire salespeople . . .

. . . but their radio advertising just gets more and more apt to offend and enrage . . . now me, i'm just thinking about the golden rule and how all the little things u do will wind up coming back to u, and how j c said, in essence, not to mistreat workers and so forth . . . were i actively looking for work right now, not to mention if i would have also had kids and/or a sick wife and/or relatives of which to take care, or if i were contending with a butthole employer and the spectre being out on the street and replaced by scabs if we ask questions, i would probably, given the chance, waylay mr zip recruiter and show him how to clean his tonsils with a 50 cm long rubber dick . . .

Tony1092

Postby Tony1092 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:32 pm

I think the real winner in stupid ads is Liberty
They say with "accident gorgiveness" your rates won't go up after your 1st. Accident....really well people that's why your paying EXTRA for this service. So why is it it such a surprise? Really?
New car replacement, well you pay for it too & it must be less than 1 year old. These people must believe people don't listen well. Well it's very irritating to me

Return to “Catch All”