Harris fires a shot accross Pocahontas's bow

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Harris fires a shot accross Pocahontas's bow

Postby gozer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:17 am

pjbogart wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:"High cheek bones"

Boring barb from a guy with tiny dick bones.

how does the old hymn go: "the dick bone's connected to the hand bone/the handbone's connected to the clit bone"

the baculum . . . u and me baby aint nothing but procyonids/let's do it in a way to make less a daisy chain and more a pyramid . . ."[sic]

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:18 am

People are finally beginning to ask for explanations.

Why does Warren's claim to Native American heritage warrant continued, obsessive coverage by the media but the fact that at least 12 women accused Donald Trump of sexual assault was forgotten as soon as he was elected?

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:22 am

It was stupid.

The DNA test was stupid. That was the stupid part. Some Native Americans were genuinely offended, and Warren has apologized.

The State bar of Texas - who gives a shit? Sorry, I can't be bothered to be figure out what I'm supposed to find objectionable about this. And I'm certainly not going to respond to concern trolling from the wingnuts who support disenfanchising Native Americans.

Warren gave us the CFPB. Trump is gutting it so that poor people can get ripped off by pay-day lenders. That is a real issue.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:26 am

Cadfael wrote:People are finally beginning to ask for explanations.

No, 'People' are not asking for explanations. Wingnuts are trying to make this an issue, and the clueless media is falling for it.
Cadfael wrote:Why does Warren's claim to Native American heritage warrant continued, obsessive coverage by the media but the fact that at least 12 women accused Donald Trump of sexual assault was forgotten as soon as he was elected?

That sounds like whataboutism. I would say, why is there obsessive coverage of a complete non-issue instead of Warren's extensive record on economic inequality?

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:45 am

That also sounds like whataboutism.

And although my first statement was related to my second and not to wingnuts, I must concede that wingnuts, though they be completely delusional people, are indeed "people."

But yes, the media, lame, main, and otherwise, is no longer journalism. It is as easily manipulated as most of its users.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:26 am

Cadfael wrote:Why does Warren's claim to Native American heritage warrant continued, obsessive coverage by the media but the fact that at least 12 women accused Donald Trump of sexual assault was forgotten as soon as he was elected?

I think because he got to be President anyway. And if we are fortunate enough to have a President Warren, the Native American heritage issue will disappear down the same memory hole.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:13 am

gargantua wrote:And if we are fortunate enough to have a President Warren, the Native American heritage issue will disappear down the same memory hole.

I hope this was intended as sarcasm.

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:49 am

DCB wrote:
It was stupid.

The DNA test was stupid. That was the stupid part. Some Native Americans were genuinely offended, and Warren has apologized.

The State bar of Texas - who gives a shit? Sorry, I can't be bothered to be figure out what I'm supposed to find objectionable about this. And I'm certainly not going to respond to concern trolling from the wingnuts who support disenfanchising Native Americans.

Warren gave us the CFPB. Trump is gutting it so that poor people can get ripped off by pay-day lenders. That is a real issue.

I don't think the DNA test was stupid. From a personal family standpoint, it's perfectly fine. Why wouldn't you want to know your family history and whether the oral history that has come down to you has some basis in reality? It did validated a family oral history.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:01 pm

pjbogart wrote:Boring barb from a guy with tiny dick bones.

After your stint as a fluffer at the donkey show, I reckon most dicks would seem kinda tiny to you.

*rolls eyes*

That aside, from what I've seen the only folks concerned/worried about this are the extremists on both sides...the folks on the far-right are hoping to make it into a issue while the folks on the far-left are afraid it will become an issue. Those of us in the middle, and not beholden to either political party, don't seem to give a crap about this one way or the other at all....unless something else comes out of it (IE - she got financial aid 'cause of it) I don't think this is gonna be a factor among the independent voters.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Donald wrote:I don't think the DNA test was stupid. From a personal family standpoint, it's perfectly fine.

If it was just a personal family issue, she wouldn't have made it public. She made it public because it was (verrry stupid) political issue.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:23 pm

Cadfael wrote:And although my first statement was related to my second and not to wingnuts, I must concede that wingnuts, though they be completely delusional people, are indeed "people."

I'll leave that debate to another time.

But more to the point, they aren't really 'seeking explanations'. Warren has provided an explanation. The wingnuts - or more likely, the rightwing operatives who are trying to manipulate them - are just trying to keep this stuuuupid story in the news. Because they know that Warren's message about economic inequality is actually quite popular.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:28 pm

jman111 wrote:
gargantua wrote:And if we are fortunate enough to have a President Warren, the Native American heritage issue will disappear down the same memory hole.

Most people forget this, but before he became President, Obama was dogged with false claims about his place of birth and religion. Thankfully that all went away after the election.

globalwarming

Postby globalwarming » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:06 pm

DCB wrote:Warren's message about economic inequality is actually quite popular.

Racial grievance is far more politically popular on the left. Besides, we all know the econ narrative; It's racial grievance, with data and spreadsheets.

The left should talk more about hate whitey. It wins.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:42 pm

jman111 wrote:

No. Not at all. Read the post I was responding to about why the media dropped Trump's sex offenses after he won the Presidency. They concluded people didn't care and dropped it. If Elizabeth Warren is elected, the media will conclude the voters didn't care about the heritage issue and drop that.
I don't know why you don't grasp that concept or assume that it's sarcasm. It really happened. Or is someone other than Trump President on your planet? Hint: THAT was sarcasm.

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:49 pm

Let's not feed the trolls. PLEASE!

Return to “National Politics & Government”