Harris fires a shot accross Pocahontas's bow

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Harris fires a shot accross Pocahontas's bow

Postby gozer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:01 pm

starting around or about six months before the reverend wright discussion, fringe media and others were accusing or pointing out that president obama liked c-jam and that he liked to suck dick . . . in the latter case and to some extent in the former, people just didn't care and were not homophobes so it faded away . . . because by 2008 homophobia was long considered outside the mainstream to be cool and just about everybody has at least a cousin or uncle or aunt who is in the l g b t q++ community and can no longer be hoodwinked by the haters &c . .

i would also not be surprised to find that 50 per cent or more of the general public does not or did not know about the residency requirement giving the reportedly abysmal retention of things like history, advanced maths, current affairs, civics &c i have seen no reason to blame the teachers -- the public just does not think it is important, and in a lot of cases they are right -- they need the finite number of brain cells to store more immediate concerns. but then we see the baraboo issue mentioned elsewhere -- i am very aware of why the simon wiesenthal centre and anti-defamation league of b'nai b'rith have education about the circumstances surrounding the second world war, shoah and so forth . . .
Last edited by gozer on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:43 pm

So is that how you feed the trolls?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:52 pm

Madsci wrote:So is that how you feed the trolls?

I don't even know what they like to eat. I hope it's liver. I don't like it at all.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:37 am

gargantua wrote:
jman111 wrote:
gargantua wrote:And if we are fortunate enough to have a President Warren, the Native American heritage issue will disappear down the same memory hole.

I hope this was intended as sarcasm.

No. Not at all. Read the post I was responding to about why the media dropped Trump's sex offenses after he won the Presidency. They concluded people didn't care and dropped it. If Elizabeth Warren is elected, the media will conclude the voters didn't care about the heritage issue and drop that.
I don't know why you don't grasp that concept or assume that it's sarcasm. It really happened. Or is someone other than Trump President on your planet? Hint: THAT was sarcasm.

I think DCB picked up on what I was saying. Because I don't think "both sides" handle these issues the same way, I think Republicans would/will repeat, reuse, recycle, and rehash this issue until it stopped resonating with their base. And our media seem to have a difficult time not covering these shiny objects, no matter how inconsequential.

I think those specific criticisms of Trump's past have been buried by all the newer and ongoing Trump-related scandals being covered in the media, not just dropped or forgotten. There's only so much time in a day, only so many stories can get coverage (which, clearly, is part of Trump's strategy). I'm confident the same would not occur with Warren.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:37 am

Madsci wrote:Let's not feed the trolls. PLEASE!

Me?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:07 am

The author of this thread, globalwarming. I think he's still in middle school. At least his sense of humor still is.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:05 am

I do agree with jman's observation about how Trump's scandals disappear because of his penchant for creating new controversies almost daily. And I can accept that the Republicans will continually recycle an issue to incite the base.
To me, that base doesn't even matter. They can never be won over, and they can't, by themselves, win an election unless the left and the middle don't turn out. It was a problem in 2016, but I don't expect it to be in 2020 after four years of this nonsense.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:42 am

gargantua wrote:To me, that base doesn't even matter. They can never be won over, and they can't, by themselves, win an election unless the left and the middle don't turn out. It was a problem in 2016, but I don't expect it to be in 2020 after four years of this nonsense.

That is not a foregone conclusion. They are being extremely thorough and motivated in their many methods of vote suppression, they have unlimited resources, unlimited social manipulation tactical and implementation training, and they have access to a whole lot of misinformation channels that don't appear to be within their access.

Even with all that's happened and all that's about to happen, they are going to be really hard to beat. And if they do get beat in 2020 they'll still have their organization.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:50 pm

Cadfael wrote:
gargantua wrote:To me, that base doesn't even matter. They can never be won over, and they can't, by themselves, win an election unless the left and the middle don't turn out. It was a problem in 2016, but I don't expect it to be in 2020 after four years of this nonsense.

That is not a foregone conclusion. They are being extremely thorough and motivated in their many methods of vote suppression, they have unlimited resources, unlimited social manipulation tactical and implementation training, and they have access to a whole lot of misinformation channels that don't appear to be within their access.

Even with all that's happened and all that's about to happen, they are going to be really hard to beat. And if they do get beat in 2020 they'll still have their organization.

All that may very well be so. But there is still no hope of persuading their base. We really need to focus on getting our people out there. It worked in the midterms.

globalwarming

Postby globalwarming » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:33 pm

gargantua wrote:Republicans will continually recycle an issue to incite the base.

Yea. The white left base. They talk about and react to that day's Twitter delivery more than anyone else.

Hey followers! Trump! Race! Trump!

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:41 pm

gargantua wrote:All that may very well be so. But there is still no hope of persuading their base. We really need to focus on getting our people out there. It worked in the midterms.

Yes. And yes. It did work and it still can. And we've got AOC and her new colleagues, they're galvanizing a solid demographic.

And it looks very much like this Pocahontas bullshit is producing so much of a blowback that it's having the opposite of its intended effect. And that hasn't sunk in for most of the talking point distributors yet, which amplifies the blowback. So there's that.

They are well trained, well funded, and motivated. "Smart" is not mandatory, however.

globalwarming

Postby globalwarming » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:41 pm

Kamasutra Harris is polling well in South Carolina.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:12 pm

Along with the obvious misogyny and racism, this thread is also an attempt at distraction from stories like this one:
‘My whole town practically lived there’: From Costa Rica to New Jersey, a pipeline of illegal workers for Trump goes back years
Trump employed so many illegal workers for so long that many of them were able to save enough to buy a house, some cattle, and settle down in their homeland.

“Many of us helped him get what he has today,” Angulo said. “This golf course was built by illegals.”

The Washington Post spoke with 16 men and women from Costa Rica and other Latin American countries, including six in Santa Teresa de Cajon, who said they were employed at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster. All of them said that they worked for Trump without legal status — and that their managers knew.

The former employees who still live in New Jersey provided pay slips documenting their work at the Bedminster club. They identified friends and relatives in Costa Rica who also were employed at the course. In Costa Rica, The Post located former workers in two regions who provided detailed accounts of their time at the Bedminster property and shared memorabilia they had kept, such as Trump-branded golf tees, as well as photos of themselves at the club.

While other top-tier U.S. golf courses adopted the federal government’s E-Verify system to check the immigration status of potential hires, the Trump Organization is only now planning to implement it throughout its properties — even though then-candidate Donald Trump claimed in 2016 he was using it across his company.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:46 pm

The President (of the United States of America) responded to Warren's announcement by jokingly referring to the Trail of Tears, because genocide is hilarious.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:16 am

globalwarming wrote:Kamasutra Harris is polling well in South Carolina.

can't get it up, eh?

Return to “National Politics & Government”