Pelosi's Brooch

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Pelosi's Brooch

Postby Cadfael » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:58 pm

Not only has she invented what Patton Oswalt calls the fuck you clap, and not only was she wearing solidarity white, but that jewelry is a whole nother statement.
It's hard to see and I can't find a good closeup of it but it's a rendition of The Mace of the House of Representatives:
Authorized as the symbol for the Sergeant at Arms in 1789. Used to open a House Session. You can tell whether the House is in session or in committee by where it's placed. The current one has been in use since 1842. It is THE symbol of the power of the House of Representatives. I am embarrassed. I should have known this existed.

I wonder if she had it made just for this occasion.
Last edited by Cadfael on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Pelosi's Brooch

Postby Shorty » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:16 pm

I didn't notice that, but lots of fun scenes last night.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:07 pm

Cadfael wrote:Not only has she invented what Patton Oswalt calls the fuck you clap, and not only was she wearing solidarity white, but that jewelry is a whole nother statement.
It's hard to see and I can't find a good closeup of it but it's a rendition of The Mace of the House of Representatives:
Authorized as the symbol for the Sergeant at Arms in 1789. Used to open a House Session. You can tell whether the House is in session or in committee by where it's placed. The current one has been in use since 1842. It is THE symbol of the power of the House of Representatives. I am embarrassed. I should have known this existed.

I think it shows that she thinks that there's a good chance that she'll be the President of the United States before the next election. It's a power move. Everything she's done has been a power move. Unlike Trump and what passes for his advisers, she knows what she's doing.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:21 am

gargantua wrote:It's a power move.

Ohhhhhhh.....

And it has to irk Trump. Even if he couldn't figure it out while it was happening, he knows about it by now. He's fun to watch when he's pissed off and is even more clueless than usual about repercussions.

And now they're talking about her necklace. Two red balls on a blue chain.

Huh.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:48 pm

globalwarming

Postby globalwarming » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:28 pm

How many face lifts has Pelosi had?

Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paleo2 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:55 pm

globalwarming wrote:How many face lifts has Pelosi had?

Probably fewer than Trump

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:32 pm

Paleo2 wrote:

I'll be she gets a facelift everytime Trump lies...

Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paleo2 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:11 pm

Bwis53 wrote:
Paleo2 wrote:

There aren’t enough plastic surgeons in the USA for that many facelifts.

Polka_Tulk
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Polka_Tulk » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:41 pm

gargantua wrote:
Cadfael wrote:Not only has she invented what Patton Oswalt calls the fuck you clap, and not only was she wearing solidarity white, but that jewelry is a whole nother statement.

I think it shows that she thinks that there's a good chance that she'll be the President of the United States before the next election. It's a power move. Everything she's done has been a power move. Unlike Trump and what passes for his advisers, she knows what she's doing.

'Exceptionalists', they call themselves. 'The Makers'. The Bringers of Death.
If Americans ever really followed Defense.gov/contracts running its sausage machine, there would not be enough hemp rope and pitchforks left in the whole world.
"Get back to work get back to work get back to work what are we paying you for do we need to tell you again?"

https://twitter.com/ReporteYa/status/1094400289745055745?fbclid=IwAR2Xg1naQTMmy6cVGYpEI8705MGaRPxOy5N7_mAxXqX62NBMgkISgQnYRG0
Last edited by Polka_Tulk on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:50 am

Paleo2 wrote:
Bwis53 wrote:
Paleo2 wrote:

There aren’t enough plastic surgeons in the USA for that many facelifts.

but she is still, objectively, scientifically, hotter than any of the republicans . . . but let's wait until 2020 or 2024 to elect her chief . . . it just crystallised a few days ago when i was having dinner at home with about 30 people when my morphine shot hit the base of the my skull . . . i don't like cops, i don't like lawyers, solictors, barristers, and i hate-- not the "i hate onions" kind of thing*, but haß investigative commissions assembled for political reasons just as i was apoplectic about clinton being impeached and varied from opposition to indecision on the attempt to do it to walker (and they'd better recover that damn dough, all of it) -- being an ethnic croat born on the cusp of the nazi era in the first land hitler outright took over and mixed up in the yugoslav business for a good fraction of the existence of that injustice and the continuing injustice and knowing all sort of exiles and ex-secret police types is 95 per cent of my reason, i allow. five per cent is the frog in the pot thing applied to "high crimes and misdemeanours" -- and u people (all of youse) have naught but your yourselves to blame for it, i'm afraid . . . u become what u hate, u know . . .

i'll tell u people another thing -- the klobuchar thing (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/am ... 1047588649) is the post-#met00 dénouement or götterdämmerung predicted by some wilier commentators? . . . i think she is being treated as a third-class citizen by alpha males treated as second-class citizens and it is a race to the bottom. "spirit of the law" as in constitution, anyone? all of u politicians and hangers-on and media types take a month off and give the country a break.

in re trump, i am already turning towards the conclusion that there is no there there, and i don't think a lot of people know what it looks like and how it is seen -- think of how a lot of u people laugh at signor berlusconi and italy having 46 governments since 1945. yeah, really.

now for my noon shot. thank u all for reading my little posting.

it is not heresy and i will not recant, except typographical errors . . .
---
* people think they like garlic and onion, but learn the history, what they do to your body, and what they really do to food and u will surely join the gozer anti-garlic movement . . . the best thing for irritable bowel since paregoric . . . and the social element. and there is no such thing as garlic eating in defence -- some people smell worse than shit because of that stuff . . .
Last edited by gozer on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:27 pm

I enjoyed reading it. I still like garlic, but only in moderation. I don't think I consume enough of it to smell like it. I agree it's not a pleasant odor on a person.

Return to “National Politics & Government”