sen cory booker's in

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

sen cory booker's in

Postby gozer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:52 am

https://www.channel3000.com/news/politi ... /997649863

the only candidate, to the best of my knowledge & belief, to have pulled people out of a burning building . . .

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: sen cory booker's in

Postby Shorty » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:18 am

A meaner, tougher Obama? Probably has brain damage from all that football.

https://electoral-vote.com/#item-7

"Three Biggest Cons: (1) The blue team isn't going to be making any inroads with rural voters if they choose the former mayor of Newark as their candidate; (2) A candidate's wife is generally an invaluable surrogate during campaign season, but Booker is not (and never has been) married; and (3) As it currently stands, Booker will simultaneously run for the White House and for reelection to the Senate (which is legal thanks to a recent change to state law his fellow New Jersey Democrats rammed through); that could be a turnoff for some voters.

Betting Odds: He's getting anywhere from 25-to-1 to 16-to-1, implying a 4-6% chance of getting the nod."

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:18 pm

I've just never warmed to the guy. Too obviously a politician if that makes any sense. I feel the same way about Marco Rubio on the GOP side.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:52 pm

Shorty wrote:A meaner, tougher Obama?

i haven't really picked that up . . .
https://politics.theonion.com/cory-book ... 1832268385

Slick Willy
Forum Addict

Postby Slick Willy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:03 am

Cory Booker has 0% chance of becoming POTUS. He won't come close to getting the Dem nomination, either, but not because the Democratic establishment doesn't like him. However, I think their favorites are Kamala Harris, Biden and O'Rourke. I have my issues with Booker as a politician, but he seems like a nice enough guy. We'll just have to wait for him to fall by the wayside and get back to his business of being a U.S. Senator in Jersey.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:33 am

Slick Willy wrote:Cory Booker has 0% chance of becoming POTUS. He won't come close to getting the Dem nomination, either, but not because the Democratic establishment doesn't like him. However, I think their favorites are Kamala Harris, Biden and O'Rourke. I have my issues with Booker as a politician, but he seems like a nice enough guy. We'll just have to wait for him to fall by the wayside and get back to his business of being a U.S. Senator in Jersey.

in re his potus ambitions: maybe too early for him -- perhaps look for booker in 2024, 2028, 2032, 2036? or a democratic president appoints him to the scotus? some kind of race relations and/or urban affairs czar?

by the way, obama would be an excellent supreme court member, either or both of the clintons too . . . and a decent member of the federal reserve board . . . not perfect, but he has done his homework to be sure . . .

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:56 pm

He may also be an appealing running mate for the right nominee. I'm not nearly smart enough to handicap the race for Veep, but I'm pretty sure whoever it is will be from among the people running, or considering running. Beto is another Veep possibility in my mind.

globalwarming

Postby globalwarming » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:30 pm

He's too late. We already had Obama and he's not a woman.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:17 am

Cory Booker Says He’s Not Single Anymore: ‘I Got A Boo’
The presidential hopeful announced he’s got a girlfriend, and that she’d make a nice first lady, too.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/co ... 87b5568de3

Return to “National Politics & Government”