Liz Warren for president

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Liz Warren for president

Postby Ned Flanders » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:55 pm

I have reservations about her.

Polka_Tulk
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Polka_Tulk » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:25 pm

Speaking of redundancy, Liz (Bernie) will be used to finesse concerns about Joe's (Hillary's) ties to Wall Street. Meanwhile, she votes Trump more military money and power while pointing out that he is a dangerous and overgrown psychopathic child. The iron claw inside the velvet glove.
It was all the Russian hackers, get over it! Haw! Haw! Haw!

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:57 pm

I wonder who Polka likes...

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Bwis53 wrote:I wonder who Polka likes...

Westsidegal.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:09 am

Bwis53 wrote:I wonder who Polka likes...

Wells Fargo CEO who ripped off his customers.

BobbyB
Forum Addict

Postby BobbyB » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:23 pm

pjbogart wrote:
Cadfael wrote:They've got a lot of ammo for Hillary, Bernie, and Joe.

For her, their most powerful sound byte is "Pocahontas! haw haw haw!" and that one doesn't have a whole lot of mileage left in it. I think she's the best bet.

I'm not disagreeing with Warren for President, but if you think the folks who are still talking about Bill Clinton's penis can't get any more mileage out of "Pocohantas" then I'd say you're delusional.

Ned Flanders wrote:I have reservations about her.

I am just shocked.

I was at my in-laws' house over the holidays. They were watching the news when Warren's candidacy was announced/reported. The MIL, gave an audible "UGH," and stormed off. The FIL muttered "Pocahontas" under his breath, and no more. Not a single syllable about why they were upset with her candidacy, not a word about policy, temperament, experience, etc. The single utterance was an ethnic slur. If anyone thinks that Ned and his like are either willing or capable to think in higher terms than that, you should disavow yourself of that notion right now.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:58 pm

BobbyB wrote:
pjbogart wrote:
Cadfael wrote:They've got a lot of ammo for Hillary, Bernie, and Joe.

For her, their most powerful sound byte is "Pocahontas! haw haw haw!" and that one doesn't have a whole lot of mileage left in it. I think she's the best bet.

I'm not disagreeing with Warren for President, but if you think the folks who are still talking about Bill Clinton's penis can't get any more mileage out of "Pocohantas" then I'd say you're delusional.

Ned Flanders wrote:I have reservations about her.

If anyone thinks that Ned and his like are either willing or capable to think in higher terms than that, you should disavow yourself of that notion right now.

No worries on that score. I figure that 2016 is the last time in quite awhile that the 35% of the electorate that Hillary accurately referred to as deplorable will win a presidential election. They couldn't even win the popular vote in that one.

Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paleo2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:48 pm

Blah.

I just looked at an article saying how the author wanted a female president.

I really don’t care.

I want the best president. Obama, a man, was preferable to Sarah Palin just for example.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I personally believe Senator Warren is as good as it gets among the Democrats. That had nothing to do with her gender. Give me a man with her qualifications who is willing to work his butt off for working Americans, and I will happily vote for him. If Ms. Warren gets the nomination I will enthusiastically support her.

I just want the best.

globalwarming

Postby globalwarming » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:56 am

Elizabeth Warren certainly doesn't drink beer. That has a lot of appeal.

I read somewhere that Minnetonka has tried several times to secure a brand endorsement from Warren. Their footwear is noticeably popular on the near east side. Huge Warren fan base over there too. More Warren bumper stickers than Bernie stickers! Who would have thought? A lot of aspiring young women want to be a powerful woman like Warren. Maybe a powerful endorsement from a powerful woman could push them to that final thirteenth footwear purchase?

Return to “National Politics & Government”