stoughton's buzz davis: 06:21:03:11 up evil

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

stoughton's buzz davis: 06:21:03:11 up evil

Postby gozer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:07 pm

"Dear Citizens!

This is Buzz Davis senior activist for progressive issues - formerly of Stoughton, WI and now of Tucson. You have helped on one or more issues and I appreciate your support. We are in bad times that are rapidly getting worse. Thus this memo and call to action.

Do you know what a folded flag is? If you do not, that is very good!

It means that you and your extended family have not lost loved ones in war. You are lucky. I hope you day never comes.

One of the worst jobs I ever has was being a survival assistance officer in the Army. I had to go knock on the door to tell a family their son was MIA in Vietnam - Missing in Action. Then a week or so later I had to knock again to tell the family their son was KIA - Killed in Action. Then when his body was flown to his little town in the Deep South, I went again to check to be sure everything was OK and to make the arrangements for the military side of the funeral.

And then the funeral.

The soldiers on the burial detail practiced many times folding the flag as directed by a high ranking sergeant. At the grave site they placed the casket on the rollers. In silence they folded the flag, gave it to the sergeant who turned and saluted me and I him.

I took the flag, squeezed between the open grave and the seated Mother, kneeled on one knee and began:

"On behalf of the United States of America I present to you this flag in honor of the sacrifice your son has made for ....

Blaam 7 rifles of the Honor Guard went off as one.

Fifty people jumped to their feet screaming and gasping. I jump up with everyone and begin to fall backwards.

The fallen soldier's little, 5 foot tall Mother jumps up and grabs me around the chest to stop me from falling in the grave.

There we are hugging each other with tears with the flag crushed between us.

Every one sits down amid the smell of gunpowder.

I turn and stand at attention next to the Mother's chair and look at the minister, nod and he steps up to the end of the casket to deliver his sermon.

I could not touch an American flag for a number of years.

It symbolized to me a Nation slaughtering its youth and the men, women and children of another county for senseless world power. The 18 year old, young, Black youth I helped bury, lasted one week in Vietnam before he was blown apart.

For what?

The Vietnam War was an illegal war of aggression under our Constitution, the treaties we have signed and the United Nations' Charter. The Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen wars are also illegal wars of aggression. And President Trump has been threatening N. Korea and now Iran with war - nuclear war.

Neither Kennedy, LBJ, Reagan, Bush, Cheney, Obama or Trump have been impeached for war crimes.

Now we have over 5,000 American soldiers being sent to our Southern border to prevent a few thousand refugees from crime, corrupt politicians, murderous military, assassinations, rape and robbery fleeing Honduras and other nations to seek political asylum, safety, schooling, jobs and freedom in America. The same political asylum your relatives may have sought and received decades ago.

If you are old enough, you will remember national guard troops murdering students on the lawn of Kent State in another standoff. And the assassinations of JFK, Megar Evers, MLK, RFK and too many others. The bombings of little children in the South, Bull Connor and his dogs, and now the murder of our children in American schools and the blood of too many young men on the streets of many American cities.

And the bloody Chicago police riots at the 1968 Democratic Convention.

In the coming week or so, what will happen when we have thousands of heavy armed law enforcement, national guard, Border Patrol, US military, Mexican police and soldiers and a couple thousand Central American men, women, youth, children and babies walking/limping across a bridge on the border? Then mix this with hundreds of white, armed, racist, self appointed militia types bursting with hatred who say they have come to the border to "save America by protecting the border from Latino gangs, drug runners, rapists and criminals trying to cross that border."

Will someone get scared, start running, will a trouble maker fire the first shot or throw what sounds like a bomb? Will a nervous cop or solder pull a trigger or stumble and an automatic rifle goes tat, tat, tat to start the bloodshed? Will a provocateur shoot a police officer just to get the gun fire started?

You have to be insane to let such a mix occur.

So do you think a sane President would be doing these things that Trump is doing?

Will Trump conclude that helping to create turmoil and death at the border will turn America to vote Nov. 6th for a Republican Congress that will say yes sir to the presidential strong man who is protecting our Nation from a couple thousand women, youth, babies and men.

Will more unbalanced persons driven by hate speech of the President or others, bomb/shoot/burn more places of faith of Jews, Black or Latinos or destroy people on city streets or schools to add to the above mix?

Will Mueller submit his prosecution of Trump and/or his people to court BEFORE the election as he should be doing if he has any case? If he refuses to do this before the election, will it be leaked? Would this then push the President over the top?

Add to this mix the illegal suppression of millions of Blacks, Latinos, Native Americans and the poor of their right to vote, and have that vote counted Nov. 6th, and will there be justified anger. Then civil actions?

Does anyone remember American cities after MLK's assassination?

Do we have any adults left in Washington, in the military, in Congress, in the media?

Citizens, do you have a responsibility to act now to help prevent this national fiasco?

OR --- are we looking at a planned slow motion coup d'état - not a stupid fiasco?

I certainly don't know. Do you think Trump knows? Or hasn't he thought that far ahead?

And don't depend on the generals. If we could depend upon generals we would not be in all these illegal wars.

You can only depend upon yourself, your family and your friends.

Below, the first article is on Military Families Speak Out on these insane wars and deaths forever.

Then an article by William Boardman - "Uncritical Media, Reporting Lies, Feed Election Fear-Mongering."

But before you read, WHAT can YOU do to try to prevent this situation from getting worse?

Your brain, your phone, your computer and your words are your most powerful weapons!

Call everyone you can think of with power:

Keep notes and phone numbers in case you need to call again.

Ask those in power to issue a press release, call a press conference, call a town hall to talk about what they think should be done (mayors, governors, your state legislators, US House and Senate members, the current candidates, the White House, the managers of your local TV stations and news papers, your faith leaders, school boards, union leaders, AFL-CIO leaders, peace and justice groups, etc.)

Tell them all --- "Don't just stand there, DO SOMETHING!"

Ask them to urge the federal government to urge reason, civility, withdrawal of all armed officers and military from the border area the Central American migrants are going to cross to ask for asylum, call for the federal government to supply hundreds of immigration lawyers and interpreters to complete the paper work for the asylum requests, unarmed officers and military should prepare the tents, food and medical stations, play areas, bathrooms, clothes washing stations, temporary schools for the political asylum seekers, federal immigration judges should be called in to promptly hear cases on site for the duration, the Congress should send a large, evenly divided between parties, delegation of Senators and Representatives to monitor and report to the media on the situation at that boarder site for the duration of the need, etc.

The international, national and local media should be given access to all locations and not censored.

The Red Cross should be responsible for the management of the asylum seekers camps and give AM and PM reports on needs and successes.

Call for the federal government to stop and interview all private militia groups and keep them in a segregated area away of other groups.

In your own community call for, or organize, town halls on the whole topic of what is going on to educate your fellow citizens and urge them to act as you have been acting.

Conduct a rally or march in your community for sanity, fairness and using the power of the ballot box to create political, social and economic change!

Circulate, sign and deliver petitions to you targets and demand they do something.

And very importantly urge your community members to get out and vote on Tuesday, Nov. 6th to Flip the Congress to create a power check on this President.

Write a letter to the editor of your local paper and tell them what you think.

You could even demand your member of the House of Representatives call for impeachment proceedings to commence on Mr. Trump and his accomplices for alleged High Crimes and Misdemeanors.

If I am able, I will soon have a petition for your consideration for signing and forwarding.

Peace!
Buzz Davis"

Polka_Tulk
Forum God/Goddess

Re: stoughton's buzz davis: 06:21:03:11 up evil

Postby Polka_Tulk » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:14 am

Cue Rodham rising from the grave to remind Republicans to vote. "I'd like to be President!" It is very likely she has a wonderfully-equipped, enormous underground bunker with hookers and blow, the best of everything. E Pluribus....Caw Caw Caw!

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:41 pm

I went door to door with Buzz for 2 weeks in freezing weather in 'Stoton' to get signatures for 2 ballot referendum Qs: Should we get out of Iraq? & Should we impeach Bush & Cheney?

It went really well. By far, most people signed for both, only a few refused to sign at all. Looking back, most people were still fairly sane compared to today.

you must be joking
Forum God/Goddess

Postby you must be joking » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:41 am

So gozer let's ask a couple of questions.

Can you enter into Canada if you have a DUI conviction in your past?

Or how about China, Japan, Malaysia, Iran, Mexico, the UAE, New Zealand?

So if you can't enter into those countries with just a DUI conviction in your past that was a result of your being arrested for driving drunk not in their country, but in America, why should we in America have open borders for anyone to come here?

Many countries also have restrictions about entering into their country if you have had past criminal convictions.

Should we just allow MS-13 gang members who are a part of the caravans to enter into the U.S.?

And why is this happening right now? Right before the mid-term elections?

Who is paying for the food and water the people in the caravans are consuming as they are coming here?

With the average I.Q. here in America being 98 and a completely different culture than many countries in South America, how is someone who is from Venezuela where the average I.Q. is 84 or El Salvador where the average I.Q. is 80 or Guatemala where the average I.Q. is 79, who only speak Spanish and who no nothing of our modern culture or our way of life or our national mores is going to fit right into our culture here in America?

They are not!

Anyone who says otherwise is either trying to fool you or is simply delusional.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:08 am

Got anything to back up your claims about average IQs?

you must be joking
Forum God/Goddess

Postby you must be joking » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:27 am

Henry Vilas wrote:Got anything to back up your claims about average IQs?

Henry, glad you asked. Try these sites:

https://brainstats.com/average-iq-by-country.html

https://www.worlddata.info/iq-by-country.php

Also consider that even the United States military won't take you if you score an I.Q. of 70 or less. They consider you untrainable.

And I did run across something else in regards to mass immigration that Prager University put out that I thought was interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUU2iWxrH2M

Funny that so many Democrats back in the day were so opposed to illegal immigration who are now for it!

Wonder why that is?

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:24 am

Henry Vilas wrote:Got anything to back up your claims about average IQs?

Wow. Looks like it doesn't take much to piss Henry off.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:36 am

I just asked a question. It didn't piss me off. Quit projecting your own ultra sensitive nature.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:39 am

Henry Vilas wrote:I just asked a question. It didn't piss me off. Quit projecting your own ultra sensitive nature.

Calm down before you have (another?) stroke. No need for you to get this worked up over it.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:11 am

you must be joking wrote:So if you can't enter into those countries with just a DUI conviction in your past that was a result of your being arrested for driving drunk not in their country, but in America, why should we in America have open borders for anyone to come here?

Which Democratic politician said that he or she is in favor of open borders?
Right wingers often claim that Democrats favor open borders. But, with your obviously high IQ, you must understand the difference between a claim and a fact.

you must be joking
Forum God/Goddess

Postby you must be joking » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:51 am

gargantua wrote:
you must be joking wrote:So if you can't enter into those countries with just a DUI conviction in your past that was a result of your being arrested for driving drunk not in their country, but in America, why should we in America have open borders for anyone to come here?

Which Democratic politician said that he or she is in favor of open borders?
Right wingers often claim that Democrats favor open borders. But, with your obviously high IQ, you must understand the difference between a claim and a fact.

garg,

In the case of Democrats, actions speak louder than words:

Keith Ellison: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-new-guard-of-the-democratic-party-absolutely-supports-open-borders

Cynthia Nixon: (Same link as above)

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: (Same link as above)

This article from the "San Fransisco Chronicle" points to the same: https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/article/California-s-senators-want-de-facto-open-borders-13018760.php

This article from "The Hill" points to the same issue: https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/398786-calls-for-open-borders-wind-up-closing-doors-for-democrats

This article from "Investors Business Daily" also says the same: https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/illegal-immigration-democrats-open-borders/

And here is a really good article by "The Atlantic" that really sums it up: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/07/the-democrats-immigration-mistake/528678/

And finally, I must refer back to my post made on April 2nd of this year when I commented on page 10 about the topic of "Why did Hillary lose?" https://forum.isthmus.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=64695&start=135

The reason why the Democrats need illegal immigrants to come across our border is because they have destroyed their voter base by aborting it.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:37 am

Joking must think that only Democrats have abortions. Only someone with a low IQ would think that.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:21 am

So joking's response is links to a number of right wing opinion articles. In addition to his reading comprehension deficit, he either doesn't understand the difference between a fact and an opinion, or doesn't care.
The Republicans are promoting this "Democrats favor open borders" lie as a campaign tactic. It riles up their base, which includes the likes of ymbj.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:15 am

just how strong is the evidence that immigrants from elsewhere in americas would be more democratic than republican, and for how long? that seems to me to be a bit of a stretch, certainly not something to base anything on just yet . . .

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

did he ever admit that rocks were actually being thrown or he still in denial about that?

Postby penquin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 am

I see that Garg has picked up Henry's habit of asking for proof of something but then not even clicking the links when it is provided. Like a lot of other partisan hacks, neither of them are interested in the "truth" if it is gonna interfere with their perception of how things are.

And it appears to be working - calling other people names like "liar" (or perhaps "Nazi" and/or "cunt") riles up their base, which includes many other simpletons just like those two.

BTW - just how far to the extreme left does one hafta to be in order to dismiss the SanFran Chronicle or The Atlantic as "right wing" anyways?

Return to “National Politics & Government”