Republicans getting desperate about the midterms

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Republicans getting desperate about the midterms

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:22 am

Cruz: 'if Beto wins, BBQ will be illegal'

I know that Texans loves their barbecue almost as much as they love their guns, but please.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Republicans getting desperate about the midterms

Postby Cadfael » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:28 am

Kleefisch Apologizes for Claiming Dem LG Candidate Knelt for Anthem
I love the "apology."
“He has said that he didn’t do it and I have to believe him and I have to apologize for repeating something I was told,” Kleefisch said on WTMJ radio this morning.

She doesn't want to believe him, because she still thinks he did, but he said he didn't, and she has zero evidence because nobody thought to take a photo of him taking a knee. For the entire length of the national anthem. At the State Fair.

So she "has to believe him." And because she has to believe him, she also "has to apologize for repeating something she was told."

Man. The horrible, distasteful things she has to do. The base knows she doesn't mean it and she's only saying it because she has to, and the newspapers know it too, but they're calling it an apology. And they can insult Barnes for calling her out on a fake apology.

Win win.

Hey, I just thought. Didn't someone in another thread say how bad it was to accuse someone with no corroborating evidence? Yeah, right here.
you must be joking wrote:If we as Americans adopt such a practice, then there will be a special place in Hell of our own making for all of us.

Get on that one, Joker. It's pretty close to home. Show us your fervor and devotion to the truth. You're not being selective about this, right?

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:07 pm

So she "has to believe him." And because she has to believe him, she also "has to apologize for repeating something she was told."

Well, yes, she did have to apologize, and she does have to believe him. If she wants to be a decent person.

You know what she did not have to do? Repeat a ridiculous story that has no factual basis.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:20 pm

I think it's more accurate to say she had to pretend to apologize but yes, she did not have to repeat a hearsay story, with no evidence, as fact.

Twice.

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:25 pm

There are certainly grounds for cautious optimism. But... Egads!! Unlike election season 2016, when I dismissed the likelihood of a Trump "presidency" out of hand, this time I'm taking the chief creep seriously. The GOP's electoral fraud and voter suppression machinery has obviously kicked into high gear.
"EXCLUSIVE: Trump says GOP will do much better than anyone thinks in midterms:"
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/40741 ... n-midterms
"How the GOP Rigs Elections:"
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... ns-121907/

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:45 am

Interesting charts of House and Senate control.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political ... _100_years

Senate:
Party Years in control
Democrats: 66 years
Republicans: 34

House:
Party Years in control
Democrats: 65 years
Republicans: 35 years

Congress has been mostly Dem since 1900 except these years:

Mostly Repub:
1901-1913
1919-1933
1947-1949
1995-2007 (Clinton, Bush years)
2011-2019 (mistake? Dems have House now).

We have had the rare experience of a mostly Repub congress the last 20 years. Longest stretch since 1901-1933 and that led to Great depression. Aren't we "lucky"?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:30 pm

Boy, winning the House sure had consequences already, didn't it?

Weather Bob
Forum Addict

Postby Weather Bob » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:52 pm

It's interesting how most of the GOP was so terrified of Trump for the past two years. Now thanks to the midterms and Pelosi being back in the driver's seat, Trump looks a lot less scary. At some point the GOP will start treating him like a lame duck.

Like Trump himself, Trumpism was noisy and full of drama, but it had no staying power.

Return to “National Politics & Government”