Witch Hunter Mueller Nails 2 Witches

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
MPMay
Forum Addict

Witch Hunter Mueller Nails 2 Witches

Postby MPMay » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:08 pm

It was not a good day for the defenders of Agent Orange. Manafort and Cohen both face jail time for being crooks, one for violating campaign laws on behalf of an unnamed federal candidate.

I await something I think I will not will see: The spineless Vichy GOP, led by Paul Petain Ryan and Mitch Mein Kampf McConnell, finally grow some hairs and investigate the swamp that is the White House. Not gonna happen.

It is sweet, given the clear realities of the Cohen plea, that we can once again describe a GOP President as "an unindicted co-conspirator."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... a218a337f8

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... b93c4127c0

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Witch Hunter Mueller Nails 2 Witches

Postby pjbogart » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:20 pm

And California GOP Congressman Duncan Hunter and his wife were also indicted today in the misuse of $250,000 in campaign funds.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/40293 ... aign-funds

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:27 am

Pardon me. Pardon me.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:30 pm

pjbogart wrote:And California GOP Congressman Duncan Hunter and his wife were also indicted today in the misuse of $250,000 in campaign funds.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/40293 ... aign-funds

Hunter was the second Representative to endorse Trump's Presidential campaign.

Chris Collins was the first.
Federal prosecutors charged Collins with securities and wire fraud, conspiracy and lying to investigators. The government's indictment said Collins passed his son nonpublic information about Innate Immunotherapeutics, a biotech company based in Australia.

Trump really does know "all the best people".

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:49 pm

The details in the Duncan Hunter charges are almost so pathetic that you feel sorry for the guy. He and his wife were simply living beyond their means and considered campaign coffers to be their personal piggy bank. Apparently he's bounced over a thousand checks over the past few years and there's even a bizarre anecdote where he took $20 out of an ATM leaving him with a balance of $15. This is a man in the US House of Representatives, not some college kid waiting for a check from Dad.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/22/politics ... index.html

I'm fairly certain that Republicans have been using their lock-tight majority to basically ignore ethics rules, which is all the more reason to hope for a blue wave in November.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:47 pm

pjbogart wrote:The details in the Duncan Hunter charges are almost so pathetic that you feel sorry for the guy.

Don't feel sorry for him.

7. In an attempt to justify spending campaign funds on a family trip to Italy, Hunter asked a naval base there for a tour. When officials said they couldn’t do it then, Hunter said, “Tell the Navy to go f--- themselves.”

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:25 pm

DCB wrote:
pjbogart wrote:The details in the Duncan Hunter charges are almost so pathetic that you feel sorry for the guy.

Don't feel sorry for him.

7. In an attempt to justify spending campaign funds on a family trip to Italy, Hunter asked a naval base there for a tour. When officials said they couldn’t do it then, Hunter said, “Tell the Navy to go f--- themselves.”

Oh, don't get me wrong. Duncan Hunter is a grade-A asshole, but his finances are worse than mine were when I was in college and working part time jobs. I remember how much that sucked. I just can't imagine a grown man in a position of power with $15 in his checking account.

Republicans, predictably, are complaining that the charges came after it was too late to replace him on the November ballot. I think that's a fair gripe if the timing was politically motivated, but I have no evidence either way. I guess my response would be, "this behavior was egregious and obvious. Why did it take so long to uncover it?" Republicans aren't serious about ethics, at least not within their own party.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:08 am

So how exactly is this part of the Russian "collusion"?

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:25 am

Don't worry, Ned. Once Cohen starts singing about that little meeting in Trump Tower it will all make sense.
Patience, hon. It shouldn't be long now.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:16 pm

Personally I have high hopes for the Pecker Files.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:04 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:So how exactly is this part of the Russian "collusion"?

Who said it was?

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:15 pm

Nails and Peckers, a little sexual undertones?

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:47 pm

There certainly appears to be some serious momentum, at last, in the combined efforts to hold Trump accountable for his many crimes and misdemeanors. I am now 98% sure that the 2016 Trump campaign DID collude with agencies associated with the Kremlin. I was cautious and even skeptical before, just as the BBC was; the "Beeb" had been referring to "alleged Russian hacking" for many, many months. The BBC now uses the (somewhat too broad) terms "Russian interference," or "Russian hacking," just as the Liberal-leaning US media (CNN, NY Times, MSNBC, etc) has been labeling it, for far longer.
Why the change? Because of the NSA document leaked last year which I'm posting below - I should have seen it before, but I do miss some things. I appreciate The Intercept publishing it, for that has given me the supreme confidence required to "call a spade a spade."

"Top-secret NSA Report Details Russian Hacking Effort Days Before 2016 Election:"
https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top ... -election/

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 pm

gargantua wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:So how exactly is this part of the Russian "collusion"?

Who said it was?

This is kind of a theme among the wingnuts. Basically, because all of these crimes were discovered by a fraudulent investigation based upon a fraudulent document (Steele Dossier) all of the convictions are fraudulent as well. It's why Donald Trump thinks he should start handing out pardons... because none of these crimes would have been discovered if it weren't for corruption and bias at the FBI.

The prominent wingnuts are getting pretty shrill. They've been throwing a lot of shit at the wall to try to change the subject. They're trying to get some traction from the Mollie Tibbetts' murder, claiming that Trump may not be perfect, but at least he's trying to protect people like Mollie. Limbaugh has been trotting out an absolutely ridiculous talking point: corporate gun control. I'm pretty sure this is officially a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory, but essentially Limbaugh claims that major financial institutions are now asking if you're a gun owner so they can refuse to give you a loan or mortgage. Wall Street, run by the "Democrat Party" (natch!), is doing an end-around on the 2nd Amendment! Eventually you won't be able to get a job if you own a gun, so you better vote for Republicans.

Goofy, huh? Completely bat-shit crazy? Yeah, that too. But that's what Limbaugh says, and according to his legion of drooling know-nothings, he's always right.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:57 am

Ned does know better. It's just his usual pot stirring, trying to get a rise out of people. Most Forons are familiar with the antics and scroll by these days.
But you're absolutely right about the regular wingnuts.

Return to “National Politics & Government”