Donald Trump, Psychopath

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Donald Trump, Psychopath

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:26 pm

Sigmund Freud said that childhood cancer is proof there is no beneficent God. Sarah Sanders has now offered further proof.

Sarah Sanders: God 'wanted Donald Trump to become president'

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:16 pm

that and/or an especially resourceful devil . . . same thing with trump . . . i knew of one paediatric oncologist who said she ended up thinking that he/she/they/it, yes probably the latter, was at most a universally-present force like gravitation . . . one can add that it outsourced the work to j c as well as ghosts, angels, demons, demi-gods, loa, big black globs, and the like . . .

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:36 am

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:11 pm

ja, that's about the size of it -- hoarding, meaning, according to the diagnostic & statistical manual of mental disorders, fourth edition, text revision and it's successor and the international classification of diseases, tenth edition that they are, to quote the i c d - 9, nucking futz -- where is the surgeon general's report on all that noise? actually, being a miser is a separate classification . . .

somebody who piles up $10m is probably taking all uncertainty out of things for themselves and their progeny and their progeny's progeny -- a billionaire is a hoarder and st peter is going to disappoint them big time when the time comes, u know, the eye of the needle and all . . . i exempt bill gates as he gave half of it away before running plumb out of ideas, as in verdi's opera brewster's millions . . .

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:05 pm

Why is Trump withdrawing from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces, or INF, Treaty? Maybe because Trump is under a cloud of suspicion re: the rigging of the 2016 presidential race - overwhelmingly by US Republican pols and their operatives. But maybe Russian gov't. dirty tricks also played a role, in 2016's stolen election. In any case, Trump evidently has to show he's "tough on Russia." And the major sociopath, sadist and Chicken Hawk Trump probably never met a nuclear weapon he didn't like.

Accordingly, Trump's out to exacerbate the nuclear arms race. He's escalating in much the same fashion George W. Bush did, with respect to abrogating important treaties. And remember, Nobel Peace Prize winner and Afghan War hawk Barack Obama also sought to increase the bloated US nuclear arsenal, to the tune of about one trillion dollars.
P.S. One can't ignore, as a motivating force, that military industrial complex all US presidents, at least since Truman, have been beholden to. In practical terms, as it applies to the Commander in Chief's and Congress's sacrosanct practice of squandering trillions of dollars on scandalously wasteful and morally bankrupt amounts of war materiel, every post WWII US president has been... mentally unbalanced, to say the least.
"U.S. announces withdrawal from major nuclear arms treaty with Russia:"
https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na- ... story.html

"Obama’s Trillion Dollar Nuclear Weapons Gamble:"
https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2015/0 ... CD9TVhcl78

"Bush Pulls Out of ABM Treaty; Putin Calls Move a Mistake:"
By TERENCE NEILAN DEC. 13, 2001
https://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/13/inte ... Bs0cg1p2PA

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Trump is pulling out of the treaty because Russia has been violating it for years. This is one of the very few times I agree with him. What is the use of a treaty when only one of the parties abides by its terms?

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:31 pm

"U.S. exit from INF Treaty frees Russia from key nuclear constraints:"
https://www.axios.com/us-exit-from-inf- ... f7873.html

Just to be consistent, Garg, since you apparently believe in holding "rogue regimes" accountable, I assume you also want Israel to sign the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty? But say that Israel continues to defy international pressure in refusing to sign that agreement, as seems almost certain... should the US then also pull out of the Non Proliferation Treaty?
"Israel rejects call to join anti-nuclear treaty:"
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-isra ... ZN20100529

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:43 pm

I would like Israel to sign it, but they won't. Consistency is not really an issue here, because our relationship with Russia is quite different than the one we have with Israel. Last I checked, Israel wasn't pointing missiles at us.

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:14 pm

Or so you believe, Garg. Naw, Israel isn't pointing missiles at us, PROBABLY; the Zionist state must value the $4 billion worth of US aid it receives annually, most of that sum being military hardware and other military "assistance." But if Israeli leadership thought they had cause to do so, they no doubt would aim rockets our way. Israeli leadership felt it had ample cause to attack the USS Liberty in 1967; that lethal assault on a US military/espionage vessel was almost certainly no accident.

In any case, it's not as if the United States hasn't been pointing missiles at the Soviet Union, and now Russia, for more than 70 years. In fact, the United States Air Force, under the command of Curtis LeMay, had plans to obliterate most major Russian cities as early as the 1950's.
Not to mention the more recent near-encirclement of Russia by NATO/USA military installations, which has been going on for decades. I'm no fan of Putin or the rest of the Russian government, but Russia does have reasons to feel threatened - deep seated historical reasons, reasons that are more than a little justified. I think it would be perceptive, if not downright wise, to acknowledge the United States' "Russia policy" is based upon motivations just as self-serving, homicidal and possibly suicidal (in the sense of "Global Suicide") as are Russian motivations. Maybe
more so.

"In the late 1940s and early 1950s, when the United States had a nuclear weapons monopoly, Presidents Truman and Eisenhower entertained and then rejected Joint Chiefs of Staff studies suggesting a preventive war against the Soviet Union before it also obtained such weapons, according to recently declassified Pentagon documents.

Knowing that the Soviets were developing hydrogen weapons that could destroy the United States, Eisenhower later approved plans calling for a preemptive nuclear first strike against Russia if it began a conventional war, according to once-secret memos published by University of Houston professor David Alan Rosenberg in the current issue of "International Security," a Harvard University quarterly."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... 412f8cbe83

"Cuban missile crisis: how the US played Russian roulette with nuclear war:"
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... n-roulette

"'But Sir, It’s an American Ship.' 'Never Mind, Hit Her!' When Israel Attacked USS Liberty
'The Americans have findings that show our pilots were aware the ship was American,' a newly published document by the State Archives says:"
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/but-sir ... -1.5492908

(You may need to google the title below, re: the attack on the Liberty - I seem to be having problems posting it as a link)
"...Based on new revelations: James Scott has interviewed Liberty survivors, senior U.S. political and intelligence officials, and examined newly declassified documents in Israel and the United States to write this comprehensive, dramatic account. He reveals that officers in Israel’s chain of command were aware of the Liberty’ s identity and shows how events in Vietnam prompted the American government to deemphasize the attack despite widespread disbelief of Israel’s story."
"The Attack on the Liberty: The Untold Story of Israel's Deadly 1967 Assault on a U.S. Spy Ship:"

"So when LeMay took his ideas for a sac war plan to his superiors in the Air Force, he proposed that 'the primary mission of sac should be to establish a force in being capable of dropping 80% of the stockpile in one mission.' By then he was confident, he assured them, that 'the next war will be primarily a strategic air war and the atomic attack should be laid down in a matter of hours.' The Air Force agreed: the plan that resulted entailed destroying seventy Soviet cities in thirty days with a hundred and thirty-three atomic bombs, causing up to 2.7 million deaths and another four million casualties. American air-power strategists had a name for such an attack as LeMay was proposing: 'killing a nation.'"
"The General and World War III:"
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1995 ... ld-war-iii

Anyway, apologies for getting so far off the original topic, but that does seem to occur pretty regularly on the Isthmus forum.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:36 pm

You got that right (going off topic being an Isthmus group norm at times). Anyway, I am familiar with the attack on the USS Liberty, and I have little doubt that Israel will do whatever it deems to be in its interests, to whomever.
And I prefer that nuclear weapons be much better controlled, and far less numerous, than they are. I also believe that treaties only work well when all parties abide by them. If one of the parties isn't, the only way to get them to comply is to stop pretending that there's a viable treaty. At least then, the guilty party may realize that they no longer can gain an advantage by cheating, and decide that their interests are better served by coming back into compliance. That's all I'm asking....parties to a treaty should abide by its terms.

Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paleo2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:26 am

I saw most of the State of the Union address last night.

First, style. As a speech it was a good one. This is leaving out the policy.

However, there are some serious logical inconsistencies between asking for bipartisan support and blaming Democrats for everything. His contention that Hillary Clinton would’ve gotten us into a major war with North Korea was absurd. It was Bush, not Bill Clinton, who got us into the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. It was McCain who wanted to get us into even more wars.

No matter how you feel about abortion or immigration, getting overly partisan while asking for bipartisanship is a contradiction.

Second, substance. Trump asked for bipartisanship but was essentially saying that means the Democrats have to do things his way, and can’t use their oversight powers to investigate possible corruption.

A few days ago I spoke with an attorney who used to be a partner at a firm which did some work for Fred Trump. This attorney said Donald Trump as president is like having John Gotti in the White House. Meaning, we need serious oversight at least.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:22 pm

I don't know what bothers me more. The lies, or the horribly misplaced priorities. In a sense they're intertwined, because many of the lies are in service of his wall priority.
It's ridiculous. The absence of his wall is not an emergency. It's not even particularly important except to Trump and his base. I sincerely believe that the only reason he's fighting so hard for it at this point is that he'll lose face if he doesn't win.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:25 pm

gargantua wrote:I don't know what bothers me more. The lies, or the horribly misplaced priorities. In a sense they're intertwined, because many of the lies are in service of his wall priority.
It's ridiculous. The absence of his wall is not an emergency. It's not even particularly important except to Trump and his base. I sincerely believe that the only reason he's fighting so hard for it at this point is that he'll lose face if he doesn't win.
Can't remember where I read it, the steel for the wall is supposedly to be built by a Russian company.

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:37 pm

gargantua wrote:You got that right (going off topic being an Isthmus group norm at times). Anyway, I am familiar with the attack on the USS Liberty, and I have little doubt that Israel will do whatever it deems to be in its interests, to whomever.
And I prefer that nuclear weapons be much better controlled, and far less numerous, than they are. I also believe that treaties only work well when all parties abide by them. If one of the parties isn't, the only way to get them to comply is to stop pretending that there's a viable treaty. At least then, the guilty party may realize that they no longer can gain an advantage by cheating, and decide that their interests are better served by coming back into compliance. That's all I'm asking....parties to a treaty should abide by its terms.

Well, it sort of stands to reason, if my memory serves me right, that you & I would disagree on a few Trumpian policies, but in actuality only a few. For example, I'm probably one of the few Trump-haters on this forum who openly thinks Trump is doing at least ONE good thing by seeking to get our troops out of Afghanistan, the Forever War. That is, if he's really serious about withdrawal, which seems a dubious proposition. I also support the Trumpster's decision to withdraw from Syria - again, if the "president" proves to be sincere on bringing closure to that American quagmire. It's time Americans came to the overdue collective realization we can no longer be the world's policeman, at least not without turning into a garrison state whose resources are horribly squandered, and whose civil liberties become ever more endangered. Regardless of the horrendous human crisis unfolding in Syria since 2011, the simple fact is the United States cannot solve every severe geopolitical problem overseas through military intervention - that's just not practically possible. Hell, it just may be that we can't solve ANY such conflict, bearing in mind our terrible track record of unwise, unwarranted and unsuccessful interventions, especially since the end of WWII.

Interesting, in the context of Trump precipitously withdrawing from the INF Treaty, that I heard the "president" mention, in his mostly ridiculous State of the Union speech, that he's interested in pursuing his own version of SDI, or "Star Wars." I've had a difficult time finding references to it via google search today. Perhaps that's not surprising; a PBS News Hour commentator (I think it was Amy Walter of the Cook Political Report) noted the Donald brought up no less than 29 different topics last night! Maybe you heard Trump make a statement to that effect? Anyway, not at all surprising Trump comes off more like the 1983 Ronald Reagan "They (the Soviets) are an Evil Empire.." as opposed to the 1987 Ronald Reagan who worked with Mikhail Gorbachev for a world less imperiled by atomic conflict, and ended up signing the very same INF Treaty we are discussing.

Consider Trump's current "nuclear outlook," articulated, for lack of a better word, just a few months ago:
"Donald Trump welcomes in the age of ‘usable’ nuclear weapons:"
https://mondediplo.com/openpage/interme ... ge-nuclear

This is instructive too:
"Dismantling the Doomsday Machines... With Two Minutes to Midnight, Time Is Running Out:"
https://consortiumnews.com/2019/02/05/d ... -machines/

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:00 pm

I agree with you on getting out of Syria and Afghanistan. We would do well to go back to the days when we only went to war when Congress actually voted for a declaration of war. What we have now is a continuing repercussion from the Vietnam war. That's when Congress abandoned its authority.

Return to “National Politics & Government”