Donald Trump, Psychopath

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Donald Trump, Psychopath

Postby Cadfael » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:49 pm

pjbogart wrote:This isn't a problem that only affects The United States. If the President is incompetent and incapable of doing his job, he needs to be replaced. It doesn't matter if you're a Republican, Democrat or Independent. Donald Trump is simply incapable of fulfilling his duties. That's not an endorsement of Pence, but we need a sane individual in the White House and if the "next man up" is Pence, so be it.

I really wanted to see Trump on the ticket in 2020 because I think it would be good for Democrats across the board, but things are getting a bit weird. He needs to go. We owe it to the ENTIRE WORLD.

I have to think that a sane person would have told Trump what a shutdown would do. I no longer believe anyone in his administration, including Pence, is capable of understanding how the country works. Never mind about qualified to run it.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:04 pm

pjbogart wrote:This isn't a problem that only affects The United States. If the President is incompetent and incapable of doing his job, he needs to be replaced. It doesn't matter if you're a Republican, Democrat or Independent. Donald Trump is simply incapable of fulfilling his duties. That's not an endorsement of Pence, but we need a sane individual in the White House and if the "next man up" is Pence, so be it.

I really wanted to see Trump on the ticket in 2020 because I think it would be good for Democrats across the board, but things are getting a bit weird. He needs to go. We owe it to the ENTIRE WORLD.

Unfortunately, getting rid of Trump requires the cooperation of Republican senators. People who haven't given a hint that they have any intention of removing Trump. They're afraid of being primaried, and holding on to the office is more important to them than the good of the country. So not only are we not getting rid of him, by sometime this week, he'll declare his state of emergency. And we'll be living in a defacto dictatorship.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:09 pm

Things aren't looking good for anybody. But at least his base is starting to get blunt about why they voted for him.
He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.
But Crystal Minton, a secretary at the prison who is also a single mother caring for disabled parents, had a somewhat different reaction — one that reveals an essential truth about the core Trump’s political appeal.

“I voted for him, and he’s the one who’s doing this,” Minton told Mazzei. “I thought he was going to do good things. He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.”

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:14 pm

Curious as to who you think Crystal is talking about. Not being challenging here, but it's not exactly clear to me. The libs? Mexicans? Rich people? Minorities in general? From what I've seen on other social media platforms, it's all of the above, except for the rich people.

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:12 pm

The psychopath's speech tonight was certainly a walk through his various delusions about immigrants, but it was delivered as if he was trying to maintain a calm demeanor, a tip off, I think, that he was trying to make a case to a wider audience rather than just his base of deplorables. Certainly the rundown of violent crime committed by immigrants was the most effective part of the speech, but it is sort of like listening to someone with echolalia.

This was really just a con, a fundraising scheme: he sent out a fundraising letter before and after he spoke. The media was used in order to raise money for his re-election. He doesn't give a shit about the wall. He just wants to suck money out of his suckers' wallets
Last edited by Donald on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zoti Bemba
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Zoti Bemba » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:30 pm

Some talking head the other night suggested that Trump doesn't want the wall built any more than the Democrats do, because then he would lose it as a campaign issue for 2020. Not to mention the way it gets the deplorables among his base all hepped up and shouting at his early 2020 rallies/ego strokers. Can't lose that! Especially when he doesn't have much else going for him, and he'll need every deplorable vote he can get if, God forbid, he's still in the running in 2020.

globalwarming

Postby globalwarming » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:32 pm

Netanyahu just got more money for Israel's wall.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:14 am

Trump's biggest worry is being criminally indicted if he leaves office. He wants to win a second term in order for the statutes of limitations to run their course. He needs his base support to do so. Thus his push for a wall.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:04 pm

gargantua wrote:Curious as to who you think Crystal is talking about. Not being challenging here, but it's not exactly clear to me. The libs? Mexicans? Rich people? Minorities in general? From what I've seen on other social media platforms, it's all of the above, except for the rich people.

I believe she means "pretty much everybody except me and my friends and most of the people who follow my ideology unless I don't like them for some other reason. But especially not me personally."
But mostly I think it's "The Libs."
Last edited by Cadfael on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Zoti Bemba wrote:Some talking head the other night suggested that Trump doesn't want the wall built any more than the Democrats do, because then he would lose it as a campaign issue for 2020. Not to mention the way it gets the deplorables among his base all hepped up and shouting at his early 2020 rallies/ego strokers. Can't lose that! Especially when he doesn't have much else going for him, and he'll need every deplorable vote he can get if, God forbid, he's still in the running in 2020.

I no longer believe he thinks that far ahead.

I also believe he would have absolutely no trouble at all finding a similar dog whistle for the 2020. He can pull stuff like that out of his butt any time time he wants and it will have exactly the same effect on his base. They will literally believe anything he tells them no matter how ludicrous.

He wants that wall because he's a petulant screaming child who wants whatever he's been told he can't have.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Trump's biggest worry is being criminally indicted if he leaves office. He wants to win a second term in order for the statutes of limitations to run their course. He needs his base support to do so. Thus his push for a wall.

The Statutes of Limitations are irrelevant once a sealed indictment is filed. IF indicted, Trump will be subject to said indictment once he leaves office, assuming no Judicial Authority determines he can be indicted while in office. It is THE FILING that must be done prior to the statute of limitations tolling it's course.

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:56 pm

"OMG, UNBELIEVABLE! 1958 TV Show Predicts Trump And His Wall:"
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/1 ... =emaildkre

Extended version: "Trump Trackdown 'The End of the World'"

"You're a liar Trump."

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:26 am

donald trump, psychopath -- maybe sociopath too?

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:25 am

Paul Krugman wrote:To be a modern conservative is to spend your life inside what amounts to a cult, barely exposed to outside ideas or even ways of speaking. Inside that cult, contempt for ordinary working Americans is widespread...

Trump’s presidency, however, is so chaotic, corrupt and potentially compromised by his foreign entanglements that anyone associated with him gets tainted — which is why after only two years he has already left a trail of broken men and wrecked reputations in his wake.

So who is willing to serve him at this point? Only those with no reputation to lose, generally because they’re pretty bad at what they do.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/opin ... trump.html

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:11 pm

gozer wrote:donald trump, psychopath -- maybe sociopath too?

Yeah, about that:
Tony Schwartz, the author who co-wrote Donald Trump’s blockbuster book The Art of the Deal, spent 18 months in close proximity to the future president.
(...)
Trump is a sociopath, Schwartz said.

“He is willing to say anything, to lie, to deceive, to distort, and not feel the slightest bit of guilt about it, and if it throws anybody off,” Schwartz said. “He’s a sociopath. He’s sociopathic. Meaning, the absence of conscious. There isn’t a soul in there… There isn’t an internal barometer, there isn’t a true north.”

Soulless ‘sociopath’ Trump makes everyone around him miserable: ‘Art of the Deal’ co-author

Return to “National Politics & Government”