Donald Trump, Psychopath

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Donald Trump, Psychopath

Postby jman111 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:40 am

Stunning (if not surprising) analysis from a psychotherapist with over 20 years of experience:
So today I am certain that our president meets full criteria for both Antisocial and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. However, the psychological construct of Malignant Narcissism, or Psychopathy, describes his psychology and behavior even better than these two diagnoses.

Well, we have checks and balances for just these types of situations, right? What's the problem?
One of our political parties is spineless and complicit, the other is impotent.

Hmm, that is a problem. What now?
Now, my biggest hope is that speaking out like this might nudge young and minority voters to turn out for the midterms. With a psychopath in the Oval Office and the current batch of thumb-twiddling enablers in Congress, our best hope for this country’s future is a shift in Congressional control, while using our keyboards and taking to the streets in protest.

Donald Trump, Psychopath

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Donald Trump, Psychopath

Postby Shorty » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:59 pm

I'd say many Republicans meet the psychopath standards: McConnell, Pence, Ryan, Walker, etc.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:43 pm

Just thinking out loud.

President Donald Trump last August asked several top foreign policy advisers about the possibility of invading Venezuela during a meeting about diplomatic sanctions the US was enacting on the autocratic government, a senior administration official familiar with the comments said.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:26 pm

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:41 am

Right. I don't suppose you know that psychiatry is one of the most useless professions there is. Ask 10 different psychiatrists a question and you will get 10 completely different answers and solutions.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:10 am

Then find one who says Trump doesn't have deep psychological problems.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:14 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Then find one who says Trump doesn't have deep psychological problems.

Why would I ask, and I said, a person with no validity at all?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:56 pm

I guess you won't ask because you'd be afraid of the answer.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:I guess you won't ask because you'd be afraid of the answer.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:35 pm

What is the difference between a sociopath, a psychopath, and a narcissist? Here to tell us is leading psychologist and author of "Should I Stay or Should I Go: Surviving a Narcissistic Relationship" Dr. Ramani Durvasula.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:09 pm

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:44 pm

That must be why Fox news edited the laughter out of their report. Because they were laughing with him. Got it.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:42 pm

Roy wrote:Right. I don't suppose you know that psychiatry is one of the most useless professions there is. Ask 10 different psychiatrists a question and you will get 10 completely different answers and solutions.

well, i had actually heard that it was ask 20 and one will get 36 different answers, a good fraction of them diametrically opposed to the others; same difference . . . and not a crowd which has distinguished itself for efficacy of solutions, and not always exemplars of compassion and respect -- we all know that freud, jung, reich, and the rest of the old-timers are spinning in their graves/turning into little grey tornadoes of ash over what has been done to their selected means of deliverance for their fellow humans. any institution with that format and a mission so open to interpretation is just asking for abuse of power and for charlatans and racketeers to get into the business . . .add in the medicare/medicaid/&c fraud & abuse and the rehab indu$try and it looks like a combination of boss tweed, al capone, joe stalin & jim jones . . . psychiatry used to be around and about the tri-border area of medicine, philosophy, and religion/spirituality/similar speculations . . . how far they have fallen to get some extra bucks and make themselves into commissars drunk with their own power to bring misery and stigma to their fellow citizens . . .

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:31 pm

Sophie Scott's Wikipedia page says she is a British neuroscientist and Wellcome Trust Senior Fellow at University College London (UCL). Her research investigates the cognitive neuroscience of voices, speech and laughter particularly speech perception, speech production, vocal emotions and human communication.

She gives an extremely concise and clear summary of what was happening in the minds of the audience and Trump, and how we feel about laughter when we're included and excluded.

Laughter is a complex and highly ambiguous social signal. People will interpret laughter in a way that’s consistent with their interpretations of other people’s intentions. Trump may go away from this episode thinking: “Oh, help, they were laughing at me – perhaps no one likes me.”. But he might also think: “The audience are right: I am a very skilled and humorous speaker,” and feel like that’s what he intended all along. Mark Twain was right when he described laughter as a powerful weapon; but a powerful (if undeserved) sense of one’s own excellence is a good shield against this weapon.

And he has included himself. The emperor will always believe he's wearing clothes.

Return to “National Politics & Government”