They admit Russia meddled

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

They admit Russia meddled

Postby Beaver » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:19 am

After months of denial from the White House, Russia, and right wingers, the White House admits Russia interfered in the election. But they say it didn't matter. Is Sarah Huckabee Sanders related to Mike Huckabee and Bernie Sanders? Seems an odd mix.

White House concedes Russia meddled in campaign, but denies it changed the result
https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house- ... 48140.html

"Trump had previously suggested that the questions about Russia’s involvement in the election were overblown and “fake news.” As recently as Tuesday, press secretary Sean Spicer declined to answer a question at the White House briefing about whether Trump believes Russia interfered in the presidential race. Spicer said he and Trump had “not sat down and talked … about that specific thing.” Spicer and his deputy, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, frequently deflect questions about contentious issues by saying they haven’t spoken to the president about them."...

In the Thursday briefing, Sanders was asked whether Trump’s tweets were meant to dispute the intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia interfered in the election. She referred to prior statements from Trump and said he was clear it “probably was Russia.”

“I believe that the president said even back in January and I’ll read the statement from then, that he thinks it’s a disgrace, thinks its an absolute disgrace. ‘As far as hacking, I think it was Russia, but I think we also get hacked by other countries and other people,’” Sanders said. “I think he’s made it clear and been consistent that, while everyone agrees the result of the election wasn’t influenced, he thinks that it probably was Russia.”

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Re: They admit Russia meddled

Postby jman111 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:18 am

Beaver wrote:Is Sarah Huckabee Sanders related to Mike Huckabee and Bernie Sanders?

Yes and no.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:19 am

Beaver wrote:After months of denial from the White House, Russia, and right wingers, the White House admits Russia interfered in the election. But they say it didn't matter. Is Sarah Huckabee Sanders related to Mike Huckabee and Bernie Sanders? Seems an odd mix.

It might do to read the real news, and perhaps your own posts before trotting out nonsense. Trump/WH has never denied that Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

Or perhaps in your world "Russia interfering in our election," and Trump/Russia collusion are one and the same.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:21 am

Beaver wrote:Is Sarah Huckabee Sanders related to Mike Huckabee and Bernie Sanders? Seems an odd mix.

She is Mike Huckabee's daughter, and no relation to Bernie.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:47 am

Roy wrote:
Beaver wrote:After months of denial from the White House, Russia, and right wingers, the White House admits Russia interfered in the election. But they say it didn't matter. Is Sarah Huckabee Sanders related to Mike Huckabee and Bernie Sanders? Seems an odd mix.

It might do to read the real news, and perhaps your own posts before trotting out nonsense. Trump/WH has never denied that Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

"Trump had previously suggested that the questions about Russia’s involvement in the election were overblown and “fake news.” As recently as Tuesday, press secretary Sean Spicer declined to answer a question at the White House briefing about whether Trump believes Russia interfered in the presidential race. Spicer said he and Trump had “not sat down and talked … about that specific thing.”

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:41 am

Beaver wrote:
Roy wrote:

"Trump had previously suggested that the questions about Russia’s involvement in the election were overblown and “fake news.” As recently as Tuesday, press secretary Sean Spicer declined to answer a question at the White House briefing about whether Trump believes Russia interfered in the presidential race. Spicer said he and Trump had “not sat down and talked … about that specific thing.”

I see. And you do not understand the difference between: not knowing, and a denial? Pfffrt!

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:53 am

Roy wrote:
Beaver wrote:
"Trump had previously suggested that the questions about Russia’s involvement in the election were overblown and “fake news.”

I see. And you do not understand the difference between: not knowing, and a denial? Pfffrt!

So every time Trump calls something "fake news" he's just admitting that he's totally ignorant of facts that are widely know. Good to know!

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:19 pm

DCB wrote:
Roy wrote:
Beaver wrote:
"Trump had previously suggested that the questions about Russia’s involvement in the election were overblown and “fake news.”

So every time Trump calls something "fake news" he's just admitting that he's totally ignorant of facts that are widely know. Good to know!

Dunno.... You mentioned fake news, not me.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:26 pm

If there was ANY chance our election was "hacked" then the easiest fix would to be using hack-proof (ie, non-digital/electronic) ballots. Is that discussion even taking place?

And can someone please explain exactly what "meddling" means in this situation....'cause that's a pretty broad term.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:38 pm

penquin wrote:If there was ANY chance our election was "hacked" then the easiest fix would to be using hack-proof (ie, non-digital/electronic) ballots. Is that discussion even taking place?

QFT +1

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm

Russia meddled? Obama failed. He was too busy meddling in the Israeli election.
Last edited by Ned Flanders on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:57 pm

What is QFT?

penquin wrote:If there was ANY chance our election was "hacked" then the easiest fix would to be using hack-proof (ie, non-digital/electronic) ballots. Is that discussion even taking place?

And can someone please explain exactly what "meddling" means in this situation....'cause that's a pretty broad term.

Part of the hacking was hacking into Dem servers to get info about them. Part was hacking into voter databases. So those parts had nothing to do with ballots.

Many people hear "Russia hacking" and think it means Russia changed ballots. So far that doesn't seem to be the case.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:02 pm

Bland wrote:

QFT +1

Good lord no. The people who run the electronic ballots are all Republicans. There's no fucking way we'll ever go back to paper ballots. We'll never even have paper ballot receipts like cash registers.

And in fact I also predict voting day will never be a paid holiday.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:48 am

An equally simple way to guarantee election outcomes are not being swayed by vote hacking is to do something else that looks like it will never ever happen: abolish The Electoral College and elect presidents by popular vote. It's a lot easier to change a few votes in key counties in a handful of states than it would be to alter millions of votes across the entire country, after all.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:09 am

DCB wrote:
Roy wrote:
Beaver wrote:

I pointed out that "not knowing" and "denying" were not the same thing. I did not discuss or comment on fake news.

Return to “National Politics & Government”