Ironworker takes on Career Politician, Paul Ryan

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Ironworker takes on Career Politician, Paul Ryan

Postby fflambeau » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:34 pm

A U.S. Veteran, cancer survivor, and union ironworker by the name of Randy Bryce, who lives in Caledonia, has taken on national career politician Paul Ryan for that sweet spot of member of the House of Representatives.

“Let’s trade places,” Bryce said. “Paul Ryan, you can come work the iron and I’ll go to D.C.” Great idea, but somehow, I think Pampered Paul will puke at the prospect.

Here's more from Bryce: "“My mother has multiple sclerosis, my father is in assisted living, and I survived cancer in my 20s to have a miracle child in my 40s,” said Bryce. “What Paul Ryan and the Republicans are doing to take health care away from millions of us, to make it cost more and cover less, and to allow the protections we’ve gained to be stripped away – it’s just unacceptable.”

Randy currently serves as President of the Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce board of directors, and as Chair of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin Veterans Caucus."

What better way to shake up national (and local politics, since this covers both) than getting rid of Ryan and replacing him with someone who is not a career politician.

https://randybryceforcongress.com/about/

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Ironworker takes on Career Politician, Paul Ryan

Postby Roy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:41 am

Bryce will need more than sympathy to win. That is about all he has going for him now.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:51 am

Roy wrote:Bryce will need more than sympathy to win. That is about all he has going for him now.

His resume's not too far off from Sean Duffy's. Unless you're confusing the House with the Senate. Certainly less inane bullshit on Bryce's than on Duffy's.

fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fflambeau » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Bryce has Paul "I am a Career Politician" Ryan going for him.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:21 pm

fflambeau wrote:Bryce has Paul "I am a Career Politician" Ryan going for him.

So the fuck what? Is that supposed to turn off traditional Republicans? Nahgunnahappen.
In American politics today, mindlessness is one of the strongest weapons you can have. Republicans vote for Republicans in Republican districts. Period.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/po ... soff-lost/

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:59 am

To expand on my previous comment, none of the usual criticisms that R's hurl at D's - "career politician", "elitist", "scallywag" - will ever apply to R's. Never. It just won't work.

fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fflambeau » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:07 am

Good article over at the Guardian. Also the photo below: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -wisconsin

fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fflambeau » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:08 am

And here is his Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/IronStache

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:11 pm

Randy Bryce kinda stepped into the spotlight during the Act10 protests. I likes him - hard worker, straight shooter, and a good guy. Wish I was in his district so my vote could go to him.

fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fflambeau » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:16 pm

In short, Penguin, just the opposite of Paul "I am a Career Politician" Ryan.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:55 am

DCB wrote:So the fuck what? Is that supposed to turn off traditional Republicans? Nahgunnahappen.
In American politics today, mindlessness is one of the strongest weapons you can have. Republicans vote for Republicans in Republican districts. Period.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/po ... soff-lost/

I'm sure someone will reflexively chime in with a "false equivalency!!1!" cat-call, but that isn't just a Republican-thing. Look at how the sheriff in Milwaukee keeps getting re-elected, on the Democratic Party of the United States ticket, over&over&over again if you really doubt that "mindlessness" is restricted to only one political party.

fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fflambeau » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:40 pm

Good article over at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel by one of their top political writers, Craig Gilbert: http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/blog ... 423955001/

It includes this: "Third, while it tilts Republican, Ryan’s district is more politically diverse than most GOP seats, and features many of the kinds of communities, competing forces and key voting groups that played a decisive role in 2016 and may do so again in 2018:

It’s home to three blue-collar cities — Racine, Kenosha and Janesville — that voted against Trump last fall but delivered substantially fewer votes for Democrat Hillary Clinton than they did for Democrat Barack Obama four years earlier. After Milwaukee and Madison, these are three of the most important Democratic cities in Wisconsin. They represent more than a quarter of the district’s vote. Clinton carried them on average by 10 points fewer than Obama did. They will have to be highly mobilized for Democrats to compete with Ryan."

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:14 pm

I supported Nehlen in the primary last year. Sent him $50.

I tried to support the Demmie in the general. I would have sent him another $100 or so but could not. To donate via his website, I had to donate to a Political Action Committee called Act Blue which would use the money to "benefit" the candidate. That does not mean it would necessarily have been spent in his race.

When I called the campaign to ask how I could donate directly, they told me I could not but had to go through Act Blue.

Ditto this guy's website, which now seems to be up and running. (It was not 2-3 weeks ago when I first head of him.

Unlike the other guy, he does have a campaign mailing address. Perhaps I will send a check for $5 and see who cashes it. If it's him, I'll send him some more.

Ryan is an odious toad who needs defeating. Doesn't matter by who.

John Henry

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:19 pm

I do not understand this part on the "Donate" page:

Paid for by ActBlue (actblue.com) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

He is asking me to donate to a PAC that he has not authorized?

John Henry

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:30 am

I don't beleive your donation goes to the PAC, rather ActBlue is providing a service which allows candidates to receive their donations via the web.

Return to “National Politics & Government”