HOOOO.LLLLEEEE.SHIT.

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Re: HOOOO.LLLLEEEE.SHIT.

Postby Ned Flounders » Fri May 26, 2017 6:56 am

bdog wrote:Carry on.

Too much work and too little sleep...

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri May 26, 2017 7:19 am

He wins, promises an inverted atomic drop for the next time.

Zoti Bemba
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Zoti Bemba » Fri May 26, 2017 11:54 am

The Daily 202: Gianforte’s victory after assaulting reporter reflects rising tribalism in American politics
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2017/05/26/daily-202-gianforte-s-victory-after-assaulting-reporter-reflects-rising-tribalism-in-american-politics/59275c2ae9b69b2fb981dba2/?tid=ss_mail&utm_term=.6ea3db02a177

After his comfortable six-point victory, Republican congressional leaders are making clear there will be no meaningful consequences for his behavior. “Elections are about choices and Montanans made their choice,” Speaker Paul Ryan said in a statement this morning.

The rest of the article is pretty much a rundown of Republican operatives and bloviators defending, praising or fake-newsing Gianforte's assault of Jacobs, plus a few "intellectual" conservatives wringing their hands over the effect of Donald Trump on the movement in particular and American politics in general. And from the former Breitbart reporter who was assaulted by Trump's ex-campaign manager Corey Lewandowski:

“Had Ben been attacked by a Democrat, many on the right who are refusing to believe the assault occurred — or outright praising it — would be hailing him as a victim of liberal rage,” Fields adds. “Had Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager, rather than Mr. Trump’s, grabbed my arm, I would not have been abandoned by many of my friends and mentors at Fox News, or my employer, Breitbart News. But I was inconvenient to their political narrative.”

Full essay by Michelle Fields here:
Journalism in the Age of the Body Slam
https://nyti.ms/2r2mfua

Of course, Gianforte did publically apologize (directly contradicting the story put out by his campaign the day before) so that puts him light years ahead of Trump as a decent human being. Unclear how the deplorables will respond to that shocking display of humility and good manners.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:03 pm

Zoti Bemba wrote: Unclear how the deplorables will respond to that shocking display of humility and good manners.

He's been forgiven.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri May 26, 2017 12:21 pm

Roy wrote:Even if he still wins, I doubt the Republicans will seat him.

Exactly. What kind of party would seat a ruffian like that? I mean, who'd want, say, someone who drowned a woman after a drunken night of partying, a KKK member, a man who sexually abused interns, a man who sexually abused a male page, a woman who celebrated L.A. rioters, a guy who ran a male-prostitution ring out of his house being seated by their party?

That's just crazy talk, right?

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:38 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
Roy wrote:Even if he still wins, I doubt the Republicans will seat him.

Exactly. What kind of party would seat a ruffian like that? I mean, who'd want, say, someone who drowned a woman after a drunken night of partying, a KKK member, a man who sexually abused interns, a man who sexually abused a male page, a woman who celebrated L.A. rioters, a guy who ran a male-prostitution ring out of his house being seated by their party?

That's just crazy talk, right?

Wow, this Gianforte fella is worse than I thought.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Fri May 26, 2017 1:44 pm

someone who drowned a woman after a drunken night of partying - Ted Kennedy had a car accident. Her drowning was accidental.

a KKK member - Robert Byrd was a KKK member in the 1940's. When he entered politics in 1952 he left the KKK. In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena".

a man who sexually abused interns - Bill Clinton had a consensual affair with Lewinsky. What about Trump's affairs and accusations?

a man who sexually abused a male page - who?
a woman who celebrated L.A. rioters - who?
a guy who ran a male-prostitution ring out of his house being seated by their party - who?

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri May 26, 2017 1:57 pm

Shorty wrote:someone who drowned a woman after a drunken night of partying - Ted Kennedy had a car accident. Her drowning was accidental.

a KKK member - Robert Byrd was a KKK member in the 1940's. When he entered politics in 1952 he left the KKK. In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena".

a man who sexually abused interns - Bill Clinton had a consensual affair with Lewinsky. What about Trump's affairs and accusations?

a man who sexually abused a male page - who?
a woman who celebrated L.A. rioters - who?
a guy who ran a male-prostitution ring out of his house being seated by their party - who?

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Fri May 26, 2017 2:00 pm

Ned got the talking points from Breitbart and they didn't include details.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri May 26, 2017 2:04 pm

Shorty wrote:a KKK member - Robert Byrd was a KKK member in the 1940's. When he entered politics in 1952 he left the KKK. In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena".

That doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about Byrd.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Fri May 26, 2017 2:05 pm

bdog wrote:
Shorty wrote:a KKK member - Robert Byrd was a KKK member in the 1940's. When he entered politics in 1952 he left the KKK. In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena".

That doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about Byrd.

Well, great. Trump is your president. Got plenty of fuzzies about him, eh?

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri May 26, 2017 2:11 pm

Just pointing out, Shorty posted that in apparent defense of Byrd.

"Avoid the KKK for political reasons". Really Shorty that's the best Byrd excuse you could find?

That would be like me defending Trump by posting the Billy Bush video.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Fri May 26, 2017 2:20 pm

That was your takeaway on that little back and forth? Byrd and the KKK?

You're not the least bit offended that Ned accused Kennedy of murdering someone? You're not curious about the other slander?

Wow, what a middle of the roader you are.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Fri May 26, 2017 2:20 pm

I don't see how that would be like you defending Trump by posting the Billy Bush video. Byrd was in the KKK 70 yrs ago and apologized many times. Trump did not.

Byrd also said in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri May 26, 2017 2:25 pm

Ned's Jesus doesn't believe in forgiveness.

Return to “National Politics & Government”