More fake news from FOX

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: More fake news from FOX

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:50 pm

A message to those who believe the fake news from FOX News:

Clothing company CEO says his company markets to Fox News viewers because they’re ‘f**king idiots’

Clothing company founder Scott Jordan of SCOTTeVEST made some widely criticized comments about his customers in a recent Facebook post by calling Fox News viewers, where the company “primarily advertises” its products, “extremely gullible and easier to sell than other networks.”

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:39 pm

ScotteVest makes great clothing. I've been on their bandwagon for a decade. Glad to see the founder is a lefty:)

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:16 pm

Love that Hank's reading The Blaze.

The vest guy was high on that ski lift:

"To those that I called gullible and idiotic, I am truly sorry.

As the founder of SCOTTeVEST, Inc., I have spent more than 17 years with the help of an amazing team building an awesome company with world class products and customer service. My idiotic statement not only jeopardized all of that hard work, but it also compromised the faith that SCOTTeVEST customers and our team of 20+ employees and contractors entrusted in me.

I also want to apologize to the SCOTTeVEST customer service team, who are taking the brunt of the backlash for my actions."

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:35 pm

Hey, Ned -- when are you going to apologize for emboldening white supremacists and supporting a racist president endorsed by Nazis, you piece of shit?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Never. He likes being a piece of shit. That's the comedy and tragedy of shit. It doesn't know how shitty it is. It thinks it's something else, like maybe one of those farts that clears a room but the perp thinks people won't know where it came from. It was you, Flanders. We all know. Ugh.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:01 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:Hey, Ned -- when are you going to apologize for emboldening white supremacists and supporting a racist president endorsed by Nazis, you piece of shit?

" I, too, am getting fed up with the use of the word "fascist" (and Nazi) in our modern dialogue."

-Professor Wiggle Waggle 7/11/06

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:03 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
Prof. Wagstaff wrote:Hey, Ned -- when are you going to apologize for emboldening white supremacists and supporting a racist president endorsed by Nazis, you piece of shit?

" I, too, am getting fed up with the use of the word "fascist" (and Nazi) in our modern dialogue."

-Professor Wiggle Waggle 7/11/06

Where's the apology? Waiting.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 pm

So. Lemme see if I understand. Twelve years ago, Wags and at least one other foron bemoaned the use of "fascist" and "nazi" in our modern dialogue.

At that time, Godwin's law was oft invoked. The underlying premise was that the words were being used on people who were not actually, nor supportive of, fascist or nazi groups, principles, or tenets.

Now that there exist people who ARE indeed supportive of groups and people who do indeed practice fascist and nazi beliefs and actions, those people are bringing up conversations from years ago before fascism and nazi behavior had entered our social mainstream.

They are annoyed that people are constantly pointing out their support for fascism, nazism, racism, intolerance, violence, abuse of power, and other decidedly non-Christian behaviors. So they bring up something from more than a decade ago and go "hey look there, you said you didn't like using that word. And here you are using it! Haw haw!"

Seems like it would be easier to just not support fascism.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:39 pm

You get it, Cad.
And it's not like I haven't already explained that several times. Ned's just a broken record because he knows I'm right. He is on the same team as actual Nazis. The same ones that endorsed the guy he voted for to be our president and who he continues to support and defend. He can quote me without context from here to eternity and nothing will change that fact. It's true, it's demonstrable, and it's sickening.

I 100% stand by what I said in 2006. As I explained elsewhere, it was all about not crying wolf. And I was right.
Today I'm not crying wolf. The wolves are here and it ain't like they're hiding. They're in plain sight, standing right next to Ned, who seemingly couldn't be happier about it.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:43 pm

Sean Hannity has been a strong defender of Trump and his personal attorney, Michael Cohen. Turns out that Cohen had only three legal clients in 2017 and so far in 2018. Trump, GOP fundraiser Elliott Broidy (both used Cohen as a fixer to quiet extramarital affairs) and Sean Hannity himself.

Two questions. What was Hannity trying to fix? And does the fees from only three clients make up all of Cohen's income? Maybe he has side hustles. If so, I hope he declared them on his 1040.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Hannity now says he didn't pay him. If not, who did? And why?

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:49 pm

It is not true that the FoxNews.com website has zero coverage of the fact that Sean Hannity turned out to be Michael Cohen's mystery "third client".

You just have to dig a bit for it. Here are a few items that appear higher up on the page:

(ahem)

Lambert shares 'broken heart' at first awards show with ex Shelton, Stefani

Watch: Driver escapes police in epic car chase

Art Bell, whose 'Coast to Coast AM' radio show reveled in the paranormal, dies at 72

Tom Cruise and John Travolta allegedly Scientology rivals

Frat brothers plead guilty, receive jail time in Florida State hazing death

Fishermen reel in 'rare' 10-foot shark off Florida coast

TODD STARNES: WH says Christians should be outraged over senator’s religious litmus test

Dr. Siegel on Barbara Bush's 'groundbreaking' decision

Stars' Wild Coachella Looks

McD's Manager Sorry for Smacking Woman

'Full Metal Jacket' Star Dies

Southwest passengers 'crying,' 'screaming,' preparing 'to die' in attempted landing during storm

Hollywood star on new movie and possible 'Mad About You' reboot

Initiative seeks to split California into 3 separate states

'Deadliest Catch' stars explain what makes the show unique

Even liberal media blasts 'petty,' 'bitchy' Comey amid book tour

New mom given months to live after finding cancerous lump on face during labor

T-Mobile to pay $40M after false ring tones, rural call glitches

Flesh-eating ulcer 'epidemic' in Australia stumps doctors

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:14 am

So many questions.

Since setting up his practice, Michael Cohen has had only three clients - Trump (hush money for women), the RNC's Broidy (hush money for a woman), and Hannity ("New York real estate").

Presumably, Sean Hannity is very rich and could pay a real lawyer to advise him about NY real estate law. Why would he hire an inexperienced solo lawyer from the worst law school in the country?

For that matter, why would hiring a lawyer to ask about NY real estate law be embarrassing? Why would Hannity insist that Cohen keep his name secret, and why would Cohen's own lawyers try so hard to get the court to allow him to do so?

Does this have anything to do with the allegations of "creepy and inappropriate behavior" by Hannity that surfaced last year? When Hannity's fellow right-wing pundit Debbie Schlussel raised that issue, she said:

"He's not going to sue me," Schlussel, who describes herself as "to the right of Attila the Hun," told NBC News later Monday. "It wouldn't be a smart idea. It he did, it could spur other people to come forward and he wouldn't want that."

Is "New York real estate" 2018's version of "hiking the Appalachian Trail"?

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:11 am

maybe the real estate in question was a flat whch mr hannity used as shag pad -- didn't newt gingrich have one?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue May 15, 2018 8:08 am

Finally, FOX News tells the truth.

Return to “National Politics & Government”