More fake news from FOX

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Re: More fake news from FOX

Postby DCB » Wed May 24, 2017 9:38 am

Cadfael wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Why is your man Trump trying to stop the investigations?

Because it's a joke?

Yeah. It's not like Benghazi or anything. Investigating a Democrat is never a joke. Investigating a Republican always is.

Ned still hasn't realized that his "Alpha male" hero is just Putin's stooge.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed May 24, 2017 9:46 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Why is your man Trump trying to stop the investigations?

Why did Comey agree to stop the investigations?

"I agree, Flynn is a good guy" - James Comey in meeting with President Trump

Is that quote from Comey supposed to prove that he agreed to stop the investigations? Rhetorical question.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed May 24, 2017 9:49 am

Ned Flounders wrote: The bigger danger to Trump himself is probably the possibility that the investigations will uncover criminal activities in his business dealings.

That is also why he continually refuses to release his tax returns.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Wed May 24, 2017 10:06 am

Henry Vilas wrote:That is also why he continually refuses to release his tax returns.

In what world is he required to release any tax returns?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed May 24, 2017 10:16 am

Where in the world did I say it was required? Quit trying to shift the goalposts.

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Wed May 24, 2017 11:34 am

Nixon had some serious problems with his tax returns. Stuff that would've put him in jail had he not been president. Since then, every president and presidential candidate except Trump has released his or her tax returns, to reassure the public that there wasn't anything fishy going on. Since Trump has refused to release his returns, despite promises that he would, it is fairly likely there are some unpleasant things in his returns.

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Wed May 24, 2017 12:24 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Is that quote from Comey supposed to prove that he agreed to stop the investigations? Rhetorical question.

Prove? Of course it doesn't "prove" anything, Henry. We don't even have any evidence other than 4th hand reports that he even said it or that President Trump said what he did to prompt it. I do not even claim that my interpretation of Comey's words is right. Only that it is one possible interpretation.

But we also do not have any accounts that Comey said anything along the lines of "How dare you suggest that I nobble the investigation of Flynn?"

Or that he reported the perceived obstruction as required by law.

Or that he even perceived it as obstruction as all right minded progressives seem to assume.

So I certainly think that one interpretation might be that in response to President Trump saying "I want you to call off the investigation" (Not what he said but what people are claiming he meant) Comey responded, "That's probably a good idea" Again, not what he said but how it could be interpreted.

So what do you think Comey meant by his response that Flynn is a good guy?

What do you make of the fact that Comey violated the law and jeopardized his law license by not reporting this?

How do you interpret Comey's words, Henry?

John Henry

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed May 24, 2017 12:25 pm

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Wed May 24, 2017 12:26 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Ned Flounders wrote: The bigger danger to Trump himself is probably the possibility that the investigations will uncover criminal activities in his business dealings.

That is also why he continually refuses to release his tax returns.

So you are saying that there is evidence of criminal activity in his tax returns and the IRS ignored it?

What kind of criminal activity do you think you might find in an income tax return, Henry?

John Henry

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed May 24, 2017 12:43 pm

"As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.....

...And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock."..Whether the donations played any role in the approval of the uranium deal is unknown. But the episode underscores the special ethical challenges presented by the Clinton Foundation, headed by a former president who relied heavily on foreign cash to accumulate $250 million in assets even as his wife helped steer American foreign policy as secretary of state, presiding over decisions with the potential to benefit the foundation’s donors.."

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/c ... .html?_r=0

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Wed May 24, 2017 1:23 pm

Speaking of Comey, I've not seen much discussion of WHY he was placed in charge of FBI in the first place. Perhaps his background?

-Comey was an assistant US attorney in the late 90’s.

-DOJ official who “investigated” and cleared Bill Clinton of any wrong-doing in Clinton’s totally corrupt pardon (for huge payoffs) of criminal financier Marc Rich as Clinton was leaving the Presidency.

-Becomes lead attorney of the Lockheed Martin company. Lockheed became a major contributor (millions) and received contracts with Hillary Clinton's State Dept. That is probably just coincidence

-Director of HSBC Holdings (Bank) convicted of laundering billions of dollars for Mexican Drug Cartels, channeling money for Saudi banks who were financing terror, moving money for Iran in violation of the sanctions, and other major criminal activity.

Eric Holder's Justice Dept let them off with a $1.2 fine. I've seen this reported as about 10-15% of the profits HSBC made from the money laundering. Nobody from HSBC went to jail or was even charged with a crime.

<Edited to add> To be clear, Comey became a director after this, hired to clean up the mess. (Why him? What were his special qualifications?)

- Somehow gets appointed as head of FBI.

John Henry

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed May 24, 2017 7:26 pm

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Wed May 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Back to the subject. Hannity's show on FOX is beginning to lose advertisers.

I heard Hannity on the radio today.
Complete self-pity fest.
According to Hannity, he always sticks up for liberal commentators when they are in trouble but nobody will stick up for Hannity.
Hannity says his persecution is bad for America.
He says it's all punishment for being pro Trump.

Anyone have a violin?

I suppose no journalist had ever been treated as bad as Hannity ever. So very very sad.

Meanwhile the parents of the poor guy who was nurdered are furious about his conspiracy theory and politicizing their son's death.
Reminds me of how my mother heard a talk from Vince Foster's widow, who mentioned how the conspiracy theories made her grieving so much harder.
Or the Sandy Hook parents who have to deal with the most awful conspiracy theorists constantly harassing them.

But the REAL victim is Hannity

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Wed May 24, 2017 8:33 pm

PaleoLiberal wrote:Anyone have a violin?

Image Image Image

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat May 27, 2017 12:37 am

Fake news makes the 'morans' happy ^ ... just like fake wrestling does.

Return to “National Politics & Government”