Trump hits pothole over Wall: No Money

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Trump hits pothole over Wall: No Money

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:20 am

Most drugs are smuggled into the United States onboard fishing boats, trains, tractor-trailers and ordinary cars that come into the country at legal ports of entry, according to former cartel members who've testified in the trial of notorious cartel leader Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.

Some cartel members have testified about using underground tunnels. But none have said they've transported drugs into the United States at unwalled sections of the border.

Traffickers at the El Chapo trial say drugs aren't smuggled through open parts of the border

you must be joking
Forum God/Goddess

Postby you must be joking » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:00 am

Donald wrote:
Weather Bob wrote:I saw some people mocking the GoFundMe page for the Trump Wall, when it first launched and there were only a few hundred dollars in donations.

Now it's nearing $13 million, after just a few days. As a statement, I think that's pretty impressive. Obviously at some point it will start to slow down, but I wonder what the ceiling is. Could it hit $100 million?

There is a reason Trump has to shill the border wall, and it's what I've been saying all along. It's not Trump that's the problem. It's his supporters. They are scared, vicious and hateful people, cultivated by three decades of hate radio, direct mail and messages from the "Christian" right.

I got familiar with this when my mother, beginning a descent into dementia in 2004, kept receiving direct mail begging letters thanking her for her support for keeping America safe from "illegals." We found my mother had been sending $20 checks every two weeks for a couple years. My mother had never been a racist or scared of other people, but somehow these guys got her scared during her then declining ability to decipher real concerns from imaginary concerns. We got control over this and stopped the money flow to the haters.

Mostly these outfits are out to enrich themselves, and the issues they use are not that important. It's clear these outfits prey on people who suffer from dementia, but that doesn't explain how they shake down otherwise "normal" people. My own view is that there are a lot of people with personality disorders and defects who are easily pushed into hate and fear. These are the Trump supporters.

Do I think $13 million in two days is impressive? No. I think it's the result of a hate industry that has been active for three decades. I think it is sad and dangerous. I think the people who donate should be investigated, and the people collecting this money should be locked up. These people would donate to gas chambers.

Donald,

So you think that Americans who donate to the building of a wall should be investigated, and the people collecting this money should be locked up.

You also stated:
There is a reason Trump has to shill the border wall, and it's what I've been saying all along. It's not Trump that's the problem. It's his supporters. They are scared, vicious and hateful people, cultivated by three decades of hate radio, direct mail and messages from the "Christian" right.

Wow, I guess that you must think that all people who build walls around their houses are scared, vicious and hateful people!

So does that apply to people like former President Barack Obama? Does that apply to George Soros?

Do you think that Barak and George have walls around their houses that they are just scared, vicious and hateful people who should be investigated?

The Daily Caller, (I know, a right wing mag.), is doing a number of pieces on those who have walls around their houses. The first two pieces were on former President Barack Obama and George Soros.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/04/obama-house-wall/

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/13/walls-across-america-george-soros/

I would imagine that you would find walls around most houses that are owned by A list celeb's and those of the rich and famous in America.

BTW- I don't know where you live, and don't want to anyway, but for the sake of argument, I would imagine that you, like myself have a door to the front of your abode wether it be a house, condo or apartment. Isn't that in a sense a wall? I mean, I would imagine that you, like I, wouldn't want just anyone coming in your abode without you having the right to invite them into your place, right?

So what makes the borders of your house any different from the borders surrounding our Country?

Oh, and saying that Trump supporters are people with personality disorders and defects who are easily pushed into hate and fear does not encapsulate why many people voted for Trump and leads me to say that you have such a nice way of wining friends and influencing people.

If you really want to know why people voted for Trump, in part it was because Hillary and Debbie conspired to drive Crazy Uncle Bernie out of the race so that Broom Hillary could be the nominee for the Democrats.

But the main reason was because most of us saw right through that carpet bagging piece of shit, Hillary, and wouldn't of voted for her if she was the only person running for President.

As an aside, I did not vote for either Trump or Hillary, I voted third party.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:03 am

you must be joking wrote: As an aside, I did not vote for either Trump or Hillary, I voted third party.

So who did you vote for? Maybe a write-in for David Duke.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:05 am

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:39 am

you must be joking wrote:So does that apply to people like former President Barack Obama? Does that apply to George Soros?
So what makes the borders of your house any different from the borders surrounding our Country?

Nice to know you're keeping up on the stupidest wingnut talking points.
you must be joking wrote:Oh, and saying that Trump supporters are people with personality disorders and defects who are easily pushed into hate and fear does not encapsulate why many people voted for Trump and leads me to say that you have such a nice way of wining friends and influencing people.

Siri, show me the rantings of a Trump supporter with personality defects who is easily pushed into hate and fear:
you must be joking wrote:If you really want to know why people voted for Trump, in part it was because Hillary and Debbie conspired to drive Crazy Uncle Bernie out of the race so that Broom Hillary could be the nominee for the Democrats.

But the main reason was because most of us saw right through that carpet bagging piece of shit, Hillary, and wouldn't of voted for her if she was the only person running for President.

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:40 am

you must be joking wrote:So you think that Americans who donate to the building of a wall should be investigated, and the people collecting this money should be locked up....

...Wow, I guess that you must think that all people who build walls around their houses are scared, vicious and hateful people!...

I would imagine that you would find walls around most houses that are owned by A list celeb's and those of the rich and famous in America.

BTW- I don't know where you live, and don't want to anyway, but for the sake of argument, I would imagine that you, like myself have a door to the front of your abode wether it be a house, condo or apartment. Isn't that in a sense a wall? I mean, I would imagine that you, like I, wouldn't want just anyone coming in your abode without you having the right to invite them into your place, right?

Yes. I do think these border wall shillers are preying on people who seem to have cognitive and/or personality disorders. They feed people a lot of propaganda through various means, because they know there are about a quarter to a third of the population that doesn't have the intellectual ability or desire to ferret out truth from fiction.

I saw up close how these folks operate. They really don't want the wall, by the way. They want any issue that scares dementia-afflicted oldsters and people with considerable racial animus. They want the money. That's what Trump wants. His campaign is making lots of money by shaking down these folks.

Of course the border wall-shillers have lots of help from ideological useful idiots and, of course, they can count on the political cowards in the Republican Party, who have been taking these folks for a ride over the last 20 years.

By the way, I also don't like walls and gates around what are the rich and famous. When I was growing up in the 1950s and 1960s, the wealthy in my town did not segregate themselves off. They lived in nicer homes, sure, but they were built in neighborhoods not too distant from the rest of us. We would all trick or treat at their homes because they had great treats. We respected them because they thought they were no different than we were, just luckier in business.

As far as ex-Presidents living behind walls or fences, I think I understand why. The same haters who jacked money from my mother, were busy a few years later claiming Obama was a secret Muslim born in Kenya. By the way, Trump was behind a lot of that hate.

Yes, I have a door that I lock, but when I was growing up we didn't lock our doors ever. I lock my door now because there are people like you.

Regarding Trump supporters, I realize a few are, of course, fine people. Hillary was, however, mostly right in her characterizations of most of these folks as "deplorable." I wouldn't put them in a basket, however. I'd put them in dementia centers.

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:13 pm

Just for Everyone's information... Flying on that big old jet plane is getting riskier than usual these days.
"Aviation workers protest in Milwaukee: Shutdown poses dangers, they say:"
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/201 ... SS9SpdWBCo

Now, just who is too blame for this, the longest shutdown ever? It isn't Chuck and Nancy; it's THIS guy and his servile sycophants:
"'I am proud to shut down the government’, Trump tells Schumer – video:"
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/vid ... ouse-video

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:19 pm

have a chain saw? u are in:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/dhs-test- ... saw-report
and so we begin

you must be joking
Forum God/Goddess

Postby you must be joking » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:57 am

Henry Vilas wrote:
you must be joking wrote: As an aside, I did not vote for either Trump or Hillary, I voted third party.

Henry,

Nope.

you must be joking
Forum God/Goddess

Postby you must be joking » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:46 am

Donald wrote:
you must be joking wrote:So you think that Americans who donate to the building of a wall should be investigated, and the people collecting this money should be locked up....

...Wow, I guess that you must think that all people who build walls around their houses are scared, vicious and hateful people!...

Yes. I do think these border wall shillers are preying on people who seem to have cognitive and/or personality disorders. They feed people a lot of propaganda through various means, because they know there are about a quarter to a third of the population that doesn't have the intellectual ability or desire to ferret out truth from fiction.

I saw up close how these folks operate. They really don't want the wall, by the way. They want any issue that scares dementia-afflicted oldsters and people with considerable racial animus. They want the money. That's what Trump wants. His campaign is making lots of money by shaking down these folks.

Of course the border wall-shillers have lots of help from ideological useful idiots and, of course, they can count on the political cowards in the Republican Party, who have been taking these folks for a ride over the last 20 years.

By the way, I also don't like walls and gates around what are the rich and famous. When I was growing up in the 1950s and 1960s, the wealthy in my town did not segregate themselves off. They lived in nicer homes, sure, but they were built in neighborhoods not too distant from the rest of us. We would all trick or treat at their homes because they had great treats. We respected them because they thought they were no different than we were, just luckier in business.

As far as ex-Presidents living behind walls or fences, I think I understand why. The same haters who jacked money from my mother, were busy a few years later claiming Obama was a secret Muslim born in Kenya. By the way, Trump was behind a lot of that hate.

Yes, I have a door that I lock, but when I was growing up we didn't lock our doors ever. I lock my door now because there are people like you.

Regarding Trump supporters, I realize a few are, of course, fine people. Hillary was, however, mostly right in her characterizations of most of these folks as "deplorable." I wouldn't put them in a basket, however. I'd put them in dementia centers.

Donald,

You stated in part:

Then you went on to say in part:

Having made such broad assertions about a number of people who are your fellow citizens, pray tell, what advanced degree in Psychology or Psychiatry do you have? What experience working as a clinician in a Psychiatric Hospital or Clinic do you have that would lead you to such conclusions based on the science at hand? And speaking of science, can you give examples of peer reviewed scientific studies that has lead you to this diagnosis of many of our fellow Americans?

You have related that you had one experience with someone with Dementia. I am sorry that you had to experience that. I too have lost several people in my family to that disease. I have also worked in a facility that had a "Memory Care Unit" and saw the decline of a number of people because of dementia.

All I'm saying is that we must be careful about labeling people with such a broad brush. People are individuals, they all have different backgrounds, different views of the world, different ways of reacting to the world. Each of us is unique in our own way and perhaps finding out what makes an individual want a border wall is more important than labeling groups of people as either good or bad.

Labeling groups of people has lead to the kind of classism, racism, sexism and marginalization of whole swaths of people because of those in power wanting a convenient way of labeling others as being somehow a threat to society.

(Not to mention the downright enslavement, torture and murder of hundreds of millions of individuals throughout the centuries all in the name whatever ideology was seen as the way forward by those in power at the time.)

But at the same time, it would be illogical to think that we as a nation will not suffer any ill effects of mass migration into this country with no expectation of those migrating to assimilate into our culture. Right now Europe, especially France, Germany the U.K. are awash with immigrants who want nothing to do with the culture of the country they have migrated to. Instead they want their host country to adopt the values of the country and culture they came from.

(Grooming gangs in the U.K. are an excellent example of that.)

Which I find highly illogical! Why would you escape from a country and culture to flee to another country and culture only to insist that the country and culture that you are now a member of adopt the same culture that you originally came from?

Strange, very strange indeed.

frankiewhalen

Postby frankiewhalen » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:45 am

Who is painting with a broad brush now?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 am

you must be joking wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:

Henry,

Nope.

You voted for me?

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:30 am

Yes, I paint with a broad brush, but it's the result of plenty of experience painting with smaller brushes. If you go through my posts from the time Trump descended the escalator you will notice I begged for conservatives and Republicans to take on Trump before it was too late. They should have done to Trump what they just did to Steven King: hand him his balls. But they proved themselves to be incompetent and/or cowards in that endeavor, backed down by a basket of deplorables, though that basket ended up being nearly the entire Republican Party. So, they find the courage to go after a racist piddling Congressman, but they have no courage to go after the corrupt, racist quisling in the Oval Office. It's like targeting Sergeant Shultz when you should be targeting Hitler.

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:50 pm

What's truly revealing is - In much the same way Lyndon Johnson lost Walter Cronkite after the 1968 Tet Offensive in Vietnam, Trump has finally lost the Wall Street Journal. With each passing day, Trump's losing "Middle America," too. Those in the know have known for years that the WSJ's editorial board is no friend of Chuck and Nancy, so no surprise there.
"End This Stupid Shutdown:"
https://www.wsj.com/articles/end-this-s ... 1547164885

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:54 pm

IU2Bmanoletters wrote:What's truly revealing is - In much the same way Lyndon Johnson lost Walter Cronkite after the 1968 Tet Offensive in Vietnam, Trump has finally lost the Wall Street Journal. With each passing day, Trump's losing "Middle America," too. Those in the know have known for years that the WSJ's editorial board is no friend of Chuck and Nancy, so no surprise there.
"End This Stupid Shutdown:"
https://www.wsj.com/articles/end-this-s ... 1547164885

Yeah, but in the Cronkite days we had only a few mass media outlets that nearly everybody watched. Now we have a nearly unlimited number, and consensus on anything is hard to find because there's no agreement on the underlying basic facts.

When Trump loses that last remaining 25 - 33% of the American public that gets its news from a few Fox personalities (or even worse influences), we'll have another Walter Cronkite moment. This is not an impossibility, but it's hard to imagine what would precipitate that flip.

I doubt those same Fox-following voters read the Wall Street Journal at all.

Return to “National Politics & Government”