Trump hits pothole over Wall: No Money

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Trump hits pothole over Wall: No Money

Postby DCB » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:57 am

Zoti Bemba wrote: Perhaps the Middle Easterners in the crowd could supply the gas...

Those "Middle Easterners" that our crazed President is hallucinating are probably the ghosts of all the Yemenis killed by his Owners, the Saudis.

Zoti Bemba
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Zoti Bemba » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Actually I think they are the thousands of Muslims in Jersey City who were supposedly celebrating on 9/11 as the twin towers fell. Certainly they come from the same place.

As for Yemen, the NYT had a front page story yesterday about the devastation in the conflict zone, along the Red Sea coast, with lots of intimate you-are-there pictures, under a headline that said something about how the Saudis' lies about Khoshoggi's murder were causing people to finally start paying attention to their, and our, role in that disgusting proxy war. But today I can't seem to find the article anywhere. Back to blissful ignorance, I guess, of the destruction perpetrated by our strategic arms sales to our "great friends" and lying allies.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:44 pm

I'm almost finished reading "Fire and Fury". Written well before the Khashoggi fiasco, it clearly shows why Trump is covering for the Saudis.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:46 pm

Zoti Bemba wrote:Actually I think they are the thousands of Muslims in Jersey City who were supposedly celebrating on 9/11 as the twin towers fell. Certainly they come from the same place.

As for Yemen, the NYT had a front page story yesterday about the devastation in the conflict zone, along the Red Sea coast, with lots of intimate you-are-there pictures, under a headline that said something about how the Saudis' lies about Khoshoggi's murder were causing people to finally start paying attention to their, and our, role in that disgusting proxy war. But today I can't seem to find the article anywhere. Back to blissful ignorance, I guess, of the destruction perpetrated by our strategic arms sales to our "great friends" and lying allies.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... yemen.html

Zoti Bemba
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Zoti Bemba » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:55 pm

Thanks!

gargantua wrote:I'm almost finished reading "Fire and Fury". Written well before the Khashoggi fiasco, it clearly shows why Trump is covering for the Saudis.

Do tell.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Zoti Bemba wrote:Thanks!

gargantua wrote:I'm almost finished reading "Fire and Fury". Written well before the Khashoggi fiasco, it clearly shows why Trump is covering for the Saudis.

Do tell.

Assuming that this is not sarcasm, it stems from Kushner getting the assignment to bring peace to the Middle East. The administration found a friend in the person who is now.....the Crown Prince. He has a lot in common in terms of personality with Donald Trump himself. They hit it off. It is much more complicated than this, which is the reason I cited the book. I urge anyone to read it. It explains so much of what we've been seeing and who's behind it, and it's just a few hours.

Polka_Tulk
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Polka_Tulk » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:35 am

Henry Vilas wrote:
Polka_Tulk wrote:...four obviously Mossad operatives...

I gotta ask, why is it obvious (to you)?

I can tell by their coon-skin caps. Your theory will do much better on Breitbart.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:14 am

What is my theory? I was just responding to your wild and unsubstantiated claim.

Polka_Tulk
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Polka_Tulk » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:27 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:What is my theory? I was just responding to your wild and unsubstantiated claim.

Oh look..."wild and unsubstantiated" like the Russophobia you vomit forth? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_vpC9yFMVE&feature=share

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:31 pm

What does Russia have to do with this thread and what you have posted here?

And as far as Russia, just wait for the Mueller report. You will be in full denial by then.

Zoti Bemba
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Zoti Bemba » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:58 pm

gargantua wrote:
Zoti Bemba wrote:Thanks!

Do tell.

Assuming that this is not sarcasm, it stems from Kushner getting the assignment to bring peace to the Middle East. The administration found a friend in the person who is now.....the Crown Prince. He has a lot in common in terms of personality with Donald Trump himself. They hit it off. It is much more complicated than this, which is the reason I cited the book. I urge anyone to read it. It explains so much of what we've been seeing and who's behind it, and it's just a few hours.

No sarcasm. And thanks for the summary! I had assumed it would be some kind of financial connection or obligation. As the Khashoggi story has developed it seems like a lot of influential people are coming to realize how much MBS's charm, charisma and pro-modern message (i.e., exactly what they wanted to hear) caused them to overlook his willingness to employ less gentle means of persuasion to consolidate his power and neutralize any opposition. I have no doubt that Trump sucked up the flattery; I guess I'll have to read the book to figure out if he even noticed the authoritarianism. Which he probably would have envied, given his own well demonstrated intolerance for dissent.

More from the New York Times on the horrible awfulness in Yemen. From the headline it looks like they've decided that Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman owns it now:

The Tragedy of Saudi Arabia’s War
https://nyti.ms/2AsWaJq

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:08 pm

Thanks for the link. My wife is reading the book now and she doesn't like it. Not due to content, just that the author's writing style doesn't sit well with her. I was so aghast at reading how the White House really "works" that I didn't notice.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:45 am

Beaver wrote:You have a good memory. I forgot about that one. Alas, beavers build dams, not walls. We can't help with this.

a dam is a wall -- one which goes across a watercourse . . . i think it was somewhere in manitoba or the north-west territories that scientists hiked out to this big line seen from space and found it to be a 4 km long beaver dam . . . large beaver dams are often strong enough that people build semi-permanent logging roads along the top of them and the like . . .

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Ned Flounders wrote:
Beaver wrote:You have a good memory. I forgot about that one. Alas, beavers build dams, not walls. We can't help with this.

Flounders, like elephants, never forget.

And though I quoted the line from that thread about so large it is visible from space, Wagstaff was quite right to call bullshit on that sentence back in the original thread.

http://forum.isthmus.com/viewtopic.php? ... 37#p611224

they can see larger beaver dams and even some termite constructions in places like namibia and south africa from space -- after all, that is how they have found a string of canadian ones that were 850 m, then a couple of kilometres, now 4 km. . . on visible light satellite photos a lot of the interstate highways/autobahns &c and the areas cleared on the sides of railway tracks to prevent sparks from the steel wheels from starting fires; even the odana golf course pond can (could) be seen from the space shuttle . . .

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:33 pm

New MAGA building blocks urge kids to ‘Build the Wall’
https://nypost.com/2018/11/12/new-maga- ... p46CEcT72c

Return to “National Politics & Government”