The Immigration Debate

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Immigration Debate

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:36 pm

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:49 pm

U.S. militia groups head to border, stirred by Trump’s call to arms

The money quote:
Asked whether his group planned to deploy with weapons, McGauley laughed. “This is Texas, man,” he said.

Check the pic. It looks like an AR-15 style assault rifle, the kind that one certain foron says it good for killing vermin.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-mi ... d-by-trump’s-call-to-arms/ar-BBPiGxA?ocid=spartanntp

Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paleo2 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:50 pm

Paleo2 wrote:
gozer wrote:which is what i had heard about this at one point . . . so an even longer row to hoe then? whatever the results of the election, i would be a bit surprised to hear anything about this from trump or others in clowngress long about say, 12. november or so . . . trump may have bats in his belfry from long-term sleep deprivation, but he's not stupid . . .

That is an interesting point.

Trump may just be trying to rally the base before the election. Then he may ignore the issue until 2020

And...

Now the 13th of November. Trump seems to have forgotten The Caravan.

Was gozer’s prediction right on the money, or was Trump just temporarily distracted by his trip to France and the horrid, horrid rain.

Stay tuned.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Paleo2 wrote:
Paleo2 wrote:
gozer wrote:which is what i had heard about this at one point . . . so an even longer row to hoe then? whatever the results of the election, i would be a bit surprised to hear anything about this from trump or others in clowngress long about say, 12. november or so . . . trump may have bats in his belfry from long-term sleep deprivation, but he's not stupid . . .

Trump may just be trying to rally the base before the election. Then he may ignore the issue until 2020

And...

Was gozer’s prediction right on the money, or was Trump just temporarily distracted by his trip to France and the horrid, horrid rain.

Stay tuned.

He may find a use for it again, perhaps to distract from a controversial firing, or a close-to-home indictment. It just feels like something big, and real, is about to happen. Anyone else feel that way?

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:32 am

he's sniping at kasich again. given that he got into office by the same kind of intrigue, i think he is concerned about taking on two candidates at once* after some upleasant surprises in the primaries . . .

---
* do it and u will never go back

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:05 am

Priceless...

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Paleo2 wrote:
Paleo2 wrote:

And...

Stay tuned.

He was right on the money. Not to take anything away from gozer, but that was fairly predictable.

Pentagon will start withdrawing troops "as early as next week".

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/ ... me-1005510

Because using troops as a political stunt right before an election without any consequences is where we are. At least until January.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:53 am

Judge blocks Trump asylum ban for migrants who cross the border illegally

The judge said that Congress makes the laws, not Trump and that Congress said all those immigrants on American soil can ask for asylum. That law was passed to allow Cuban refugees, who snuck into the country, to apply. Will Trump appeal the decision?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Judge blocks Trump asylum ban for migrants who cross the border illegally

The judge said that Congress makes the laws, not Trump and that Congress said all those immigrants on American soil can ask for asylum. That law was passed to allow Cuban refugees, who snuck into the country, to apply. Will Trump appeal the decision?

I expect him to. He has close to zero chance of winning on appeal and his advisers probably told him that. All beside the point. As with so many things Trump does on immigration, it's really just a show for his base. Then when he loses he can rile them up by blaming Democrats. And the BEST part of it is that his base will never figure out that he's not serious about solving the problem.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Trump says the troops at the border can shoot to kill. The Secretary of Defense says they won't be armed.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Trump says the troops at the border can shoot to kill. The Secretary of Defense says they won't be armed.

I don't want to think about the repercussions if American soldiers shoot unarmed refugees. There was a time that would have been inconceivable. I can't wrap my mind around it.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:00 am

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:28 am

Everyone realizes that Obama tear gassed our wonderful "immigrants", right?

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:55 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Everyone realizes that Obama tear gassed our wonderful "immigrants", right?

Uh no. I think odds are about 3:1 that this is just some bullshit passed around on 4chan or whatever propaganda stream you hang out in.

But certainly the Obama admin. make some bad decisions. So it wouldn't surprise me if the Trump admin chose to double down on the worst of them.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:16 am

Return to “National Politics & Government”