There is a new iron man race in town. The other one is in Sept.
http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events ... z5I2EBbmHm
The one-loop rolling start swim takes place in Lake Monona, the same lake used by IRONMAN Wisconsin. Swimmers will start on Olin Park Beach and finish at the concrete boat ramp navigating the counter-clockwise course marked with buoys every 100 yards. Spectating will be easy using the natural banks along the shore and swim exit.
Riders leave Madison to the south using the Capital City Bike Path and travel scenic country roads through the Village of Oregon and west over the challenging Observatory Hill. Returning through the Town of Paoli and through Alliant Energy Center, riders finish using the bike trail under John Nolen Dr. to Olin Park
A counter-clockwise loop of the iconic Lake Monona Loop. Passing through Monona on the way back to Madison, the run course is scenic and challenging. Spectators will be plentiful in the many parks and great neighborhoods along the course.
Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events ... z5I2FBqGar
Why Athletes Love This Event:
- "Madison, WI is a location that athletes love because of the community support along the race course and the fun that they can have around town after they finish."
- "Beautiful views of Lake Monona on the bike and run."
- "Great lead up to train for IRONMAN Wisconsin."
Reviews from 2017 Finishers:
- "Madison is like no other race, full or half, that I've ever done. The support of the community, fellow athletes and volunteers is amazing"
- "It was my first IRONMAN 70.3 and I loved every minute of it."
- "Great venue, well organized, amazing volunteers, well ran aid stations, picturesque bike and run"
Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events ... z5I2FIBY2T
Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events ... z5I2F5cSkJ
Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests