Orange Bowl

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
MPMay
Forum Addict

Orange Bowl

Postby MPMay » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:14 pm

The Irish Mist (Yes!) and I leave for Miami tomorrow. We're meeting some friends and putting up with 80 degree sunshine to root for the Badgers in the Orange Bowl.

I think this is a good match-up in the sense that the game should be close. Unless Alex Hornibrook comes a cropper, I think UW will win. However, I doubt Bucky covers the 6 point spread; if the Badgers do, they will barely do so.

Should be fun. I saw the Badgers beat Miami in the Champs Bowl in Orlando back in 2009, which was a great warmup for the next 3 seasons where UW went to the Rose Bowl. Miami was favored, but the funniest thing was that their players were standing around heaters on the sidelines because the temperature was about 50 degrees.

It looks like it will be about 70 at kickoff on Saturday night, and it is at Miami's home field, so if Wisconsin can win, it will be an important showing -- and I hope a preview of things to come next year.

I noticed that some of the bowls with other B1G teams are starting today and I usually try to watch them. Don't have the schedule right here.

Go Badgers!

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Orange Bowl

Postby Beaver » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:20 pm

Have a good trip. Where are your seats?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:58 pm

It's just a feeling, but I sense a Badger blowout brewing. Miami isn't OSU. Our defense could keep them at 10 or less if the offense plays a clean game.
Badgers, 27-10.

MPMay
Forum Addict

Postby MPMay » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:36 am

We are sitting in the 200 club level in the corner (not end zone but not sideline) on the UW side.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:07 pm

I spent a couple days in Miami Beach earlier this month, prior to our cruise to Cuba. I suggest lunch in Little Havana, if you have the time. Enjoy the warm weather, as it is bitterly cold back home.

doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby doppel » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Gee, Hankie, we get it. You've now told us six times how you have been to Cuba. Not very interesting anymore. Take a trip to some other Communist country and get back to us on how wonderful it is. North Korea would be a good choice for you. Be sure to liberate some souvenirs for show and tell while you are visiting.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:18 pm

Little Havana is very anti-communist.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:12 pm

doppel wrote:Gee, Hankie, we get it. You've now told us six times how you have been to Cuba. Not very interesting anymore. Take a trip to some other Communist country and get back to us on how wonderful it is. North Korea would be a good choice for you. Be sure to liberate some souvenirs for show and tell while you are visiting.

Hey, jerk, the post was useful information about somewhere to visit while IN MIAMI. You don't care for Hank. We get it. It's boring. Reading your drivel is like finding a turd in the punch.

doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby doppel » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:51 am

You drink punch??...Then it's a turd for you too, sir! Compliments of the house. Must be your lucky day.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:56 am

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:43 am

What is wrong with shark fishing? Hard to predict this one. Since I like being the anti-cheesehead here, I will say Miami 30 UW 27.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:27 pm

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:32 pm

Beaver wrote:What is wrong with shark fishing?

What is wrong with doing a 5 second Google search to come up with the answer on your own?

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:26 pm

Because I would rather converse here than do google searches. Also, I'm not sure what bdog didn't like in the photo. Is he against shark fishing? Against hammerhead fishing? Against fishing in general? Or does he think it's stupid to do ocean fishing at night? Or does he think Badger football players are big, dumb morons?

If it only takes 5 seconds to find an answer, why don't you or bdog just post a link that explains his photo?

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:44 pm

Beaver wrote:Because I would rather converse here than do google searches. Also, I'm not sure what bdog didn't like in the photo. Is he against shark fishing? Against hammerhead fishing? Against fishing in general? Or does he think it's stupid to do ocean fishing at night? Or does he think Badger football players are big, dumb morons?

If it only takes 5 seconds to find an answer, why don't you or bdog just post a link that explains his photo?

Maybe because, unlike you, we're not inclined to cut and paste entire articles? Maybe because, unlike you, we have the intellectual curiosity to find answers on our own to questions we seemingly care about?

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”