Packers 2017

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Packers 2017

Postby Paleo2 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:32 am

Beaver wrote:
O.J. wrote:
Beaver wrote:They could have won with Hundley. (I've gone full circle on him).

You clearly don't know what the term "full circle" means. What you're trying to say is that you've pulled a 180.

OK you got me there. But Atl won so Packers are officially eliminated. In essence they were when Rodgers went down. Play Hundley now and try again next year with a healthy Rodgers.

I agree. Rodgers looked a bit off his game. It will probably take a month or two for him to really get back into the swing of things, and by then the season will be over anyway.

The best use of the Packers' resources would be to use the last 2 games of the season as a chance to let Replacement Packers get more real game experience.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:37 pm

Paleo2 wrote:The best use of the Packers' resources would be to use the last 2 games of the season as a chance to let Replacement Packers get more real game experience.

I agree. Rodgers is on IR, Adams has a concussion, Perry and Mathews are hurt. They are banged up. Minn and Detroit may rout them to finish the season.

No pro bowl players. First time they haven't made the playoffs in 10 years. How will Cheesheads survive January? What will they do on weekends? Root for the Vikings in the playoffs?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:17 pm

The Vikings are the one and only team that could tempt me to root for the Cowboys. I hope they lose in heartbreaking fashion.

Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paleo2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:08 am

gargantua wrote:The Vikings are the one and only team that could tempt me to root for the Cowboys. I hope they lose in heartbreaking fashion.

I almost agree with you. I just couldn’t ever root for the Cowboys even against the Vikings. Go Eagles!

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:10 am

I've always liked the Vikings ever since the Purple People Eaters, Fran Tarkington... Those were the games to watch!

Bud Grant is also the first (maybe only) guy to play in the NBA & NFL at the same time.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:34 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:I've always liked the Vikings ever since the Purple People Eaters, Fran Tarkington... Those were the games to watch!

Bud Grant is also the first (maybe only) guy to play in the NBA & NFL at the same time.

Thinking back, I actually did like them when Tarkenton played. Not for a long time since.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:21 pm

I remember an article where defensive players said that the team they hated playing the most was whichever one Tarkenton played for because he just completely wore them out with his scrambling.

* Grant played for the NBA & NFL in the same year(1951), not at the same time. He quit the Minneapolis Lakers and joined the Philadelphia Eagles leading the team in sacks his first year, then 2nd in the league in yardage as a receiver his 2nd year.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:13 am

Let's hear it for the Vikings and the Minneapolis Miracle. Marcus Williams blew it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-safety- ... 27605.html

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:51 am

Beaver wrote:Let's hear it for the Vikings and the Minneapolis Miracle. Marcus Williams blew it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-safety- ... 27605.html

OK. I hate the Vikings. Go Eagles.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:57 am

Saints flop reminds me of two Packer playoff fiascos. Several years ago in Philly they were ahead with time running out. Eagles had something like a 4th and 30. McNabb completed the pass to give them a first down and eventual win.

A few years ago in Seattle, Packers were ahead by about 9 with 2 minutes or less to go. They fell apart and bumbled an onside kick which led to two quick Seattle scores and a win.

Marcus Williams seems like the Packer's type player. They should trade for him.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Beaver wrote:Saints flop reminds me of two Packer playoff fiascos. Several years ago in Philly they were ahead with time running out. Eagles had something like a 4th and 30. McNabb completed the pass to give them a first down and eventual win.

A few years ago in Seattle, Packers were ahead by about 9 with 2 minutes or less to go. They fell apart and bumbled an onside kick which led to two quick Seattle scores and a win.

4th and 26. If you are a diehard Packer fan you never forget that.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Beaver wrote:Saints flop reminds me of two Packer playoff fiascos. Several years ago in Philly they were ahead with time running out. Eagles had something like a 4th and 30. McNabb completed the pass to give them a first down and eventual win.

I was thinking the same thing. Looked like a Dom Defense on that last drive.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:21 pm

HawkHead wrote:....
4th and 26. If you are a diehard Packer fan you never forget that.

Thank you and... I think the biggest mistake Mike Sherman ever made was firing Ed Donatell over that one play. The defense never played as well after they ditched him.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:58 pm

To me, the moral of the story is the extent to which human error plays a role in the results. Try not to think about that in our nuclear world, in which it's possible for one person to push one wrong button.
Sleep well.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”