Colin Kaepernick

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Colin Kaepernick

Postby Shorty » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:20 pm

And your prediction is?...nothing, as usual.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Shorty wrote:And your prediction is?...nothing, as usual.

Well, my earlier prediction of there being a 100% chance of Kaepernick being on an opening-day roster was slightly off, so...I'll pull a 180 and say he remains unemployed for the remainder of the season.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 am

Shorty wrote:His attorney says he will be signed by Nov 11.

His attorney was wrong. Or lied. But it's hard to imagine a lawyer would lie.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:26 am

Shorty wrote:
Shorty wrote:His attorney says he will be signed by Nov 11.

His attorney was wrong. Or lied. But it's hard to imagine a lawyer would lie.

I don't believe that his lawyer truly believed that he would be signed by now -- he's hoping that his statement will add to his client's collusion case.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:43 pm

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:47 pm

Part of the "why" he's Citizen of the Year...

http://www.powwows.com/colin-kaepernick ... gathering/

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:43 pm

QB opening in Philly. Seems like a good fit.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:31 pm

Shorty wrote:QB opening in Philly. Seems like a good fit.

Except PHI already has a seasoned QB who has started for the team before and gone to the Pro Bowl (though that isn't that impressive of an accomplishment).

Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paleo2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:44 pm

HawkHead wrote:
Shorty wrote:QB opening in Philly. Seems like a good fit.

Except PHI already has a seasoned QB who has started for the team before and gone to the Pro Bowl (though that isn't that impressive of an accomplishment).

Yeah, with 3 games left in the regular season, do they really want to bring in a new QB who may take more than 3 weeks to learn their system, rather than a former starter who knows their system? Remember, this is a team trying to get to the Super Bowl. And yes, backup QBs have won Super Bowls in the past.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:21 pm

Might be good to have a capable backup to Foles though. I don't know how they're situated in that regard now.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:54 pm

gargantua wrote:Might be good to have a capable backup to Foles though. I don't know how they're situated in that regard now.

This. Exactly this.

You don't have to bring him in to be a starter, but to add quality depth in case of injury. You know, like any decent GM does every year. Foles' backup is Nate Sudfeld. Good luck winning games with him under center.

The same goes for Green Bay, who would have been fucked if Hundley got hurt. As it is, his three wins came against teams with a combined record of 8-31.

All these excuses about it being too late in the season are just that -- excuses. And bad ones. Because if it wasn't for his perceived baggage, Kaepernick would be on someone's roster.

Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paleo2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:10 pm

O.J. wrote:
gargantua wrote:Might be good to have a capable backup to Foles though. I don't know how they're situated in that regard now.

This. Exactly this.

You don't have to bring him in to be a starter, but to add quality depth in case of injury. You know, like any decent GM does every year. Foles' backup is Nate Sudfeld. Good luck winning games with him under center.

The same goes for Green Bay, who would have been fucked if Hundley got hurt. As it is, his three wins came against teams with a combined record of 8-31.

All these excuses about it being too late in the season are just that -- excuses. And bad ones. Because if it wasn't for his perceived baggage, Kaepernick would be on someone's roster.

True.

The question is, are the rumors about him true or not. By the rumors, I mean (a) that he pretty much killed off a shot at being backup for Seattle because he wanted to be paid like a starter and (b) that his girlfriend called the owner of the Ravens nasty stuff on Twitter while Kaep was trying out for the team. If those are true, or if the other owners THINK those are true, Kaep wouldn't get a tryout with any team at all even if he had never kneeled.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Paleo2 wrote:
O.J. wrote:

This. Exactly this.

True.

The question is, are the rumors about him true or not. By the rumors, I mean (a) that he pretty much killed off a shot at being backup for Seattle because he wanted to be paid like a starter and (b) that his girlfriend called the owner of the Ravens nasty stuff on Twitter while Kaep was trying out for the team. If those are true, or if the other owners THINK those are true, Kaep wouldn't get a tryout with any team at all even if he had never kneeled.

I don't believe (a) for a second. He said he was willing to go to Seattle and back up Wilson. I doubt he was demanding $1 million per game to sign. I think (b) could have some validity, but Ray Lewis isn't exactly the most trustworthy source. And while that could play a factor, I struggle to see how it could be the overriding one.

Your last sentence doesn't make much sense. It's only because of Kaep taking a knee that (a) and (b) may or may not have occurred in the first place.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:37 pm

O.J. wrote:

This. Exactly this.

I’m laughing after reading these two posts.

There are maybe 15-20 competent NFL QBs in the league and 32 starting jobs.

The NFL is a success driven league. If you win you stay, if you lose you are fired. Look at McAdo for the Giants and their GM. Cleveland’s GM has been fried.

If Kap was good enough to play he would be on an NFL roster. I think he really doesn’t want to play any more. I can’t believe no teams have called to kick the tires. I know if my job was on the line I would bring in Kap if it would save my head.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”