Colin Kaepernick

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Colin Kaepernick

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:35 pm

Neat article...

"Pat Tillman's wife wants people to stop using her husband's legacy to fit their agenda"

https://sports.yahoo.com/pat-tillmans-w ... 52288.html

Since last year, I’ve watched from the background as professional athletes have taken a knee to draw attention to injustice and racial inequality in the United States. Pat was in the military, so many people want to attach a brand of blind allegiance to him and use him to argue that kneeling during the national anthem is unpatriotic. Pat was also against the Iraq War, so many others want to use him to argue against American involvement in overseas wars. His essence is bent to fit an agenda.
more...

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:11 am

Paleo2 wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:No Eagle players knelt during the National Anthem last season. Yet FOX News showed pictures of some players kneeling, only it was in prayer well before the Anthem was played. Typical disingenuous fake news on their part.

Fox News is very valuable.

Were it not for Fox News, we wouldn’t know about the palm trees in the state capitol.

i think there was another bill o show at the same time of two crowds of ring-tailed lemurs (lemur catta linnaeus 1758) chasing each other around a baobab tree after engaging in a stink fight right before the recall election . . .

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:20 pm

Milwaukee born Kaepernick was just dissed by the Republicans in the Wisconsin Legislature during Black History Month.

Wisconsin Republicans stripped Colin Kaepernick's name from a resolution recognizing Black History Month, saying the former NFL quarterback was too controversial to be included.
Assembly Majority Leader Jim Steineke, who is white, said Tuesday that Kaepernick's name was too controversial and had to go "for obvious reasons."

"The biggest issue that we have as a Black Caucus is people choosing to pick our views for us as black people," state Rep. David Crowley, who represents Milwaukee, told the State Journal newspaper in Madison.

Crowley, chairman of the legislature's Black Caucus, called the Republican action a "textbook example of white privilege."

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:16 pm

I think Colin is hot - in the good kind of way.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:04 pm

Every time I think that the Republicans in the Wisconsin Legislature couldn't be any more loathsome, they find a way. It's hard to describe the level of contempt I have for those "people".

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:31 pm

Every time I think they've hit bottom on the entitlement scale, the Republicans manage to dig the hole deeper. Now they think Wisconsin's black citizens and elected representatives aren't qualified to decide who should represent them for Black History Month.

And if Kaepernick isn't part of Wisconsin's black history, who is?

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:41 pm

snoqueen wrote:Every time I think they've hit bottom on the entitlement scale, the Republicans manage to dig the hole deeper. Now they think Wisconsin's black citizens and elected representatives aren't qualified to decide who should represent them for Black History Month.

The ones who have been dead long enough that they aren't controversial any more.

I think the more telling part is how blunt they were about it. They didn't go looking for a valid sounding excuse, they just said "obvious reasons." We are the power. We don't need to explain ourselves, offer evidence, debate the issue, or give you access to the decision making process. All we have to do is say "obvious reasons."

And if the reason isn't obvious enough to you, it's "because fuck you, that's why."

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:54 pm

Store owner to close business after protest of Nike's Colin Kaepernick ad backfired

According to koaa.com, Martin will close the Colorado Springs sports apparel store after 20 years because he can no longer afford his lease. He blamed his protest of Nike for playing a major part in the store’s closure.

So this dude gets so worked up about some people not standing during the National Anthem that he effectively destroys the business he's been running for 20 years.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:29 pm

“As much as I hate to admit this, perhaps there are more Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick supporters out there than I realized,” said Martin.

I think by the end of the month, Wisconsin Republicans are going to gain a little understanding themselves. I am not sure they really thought this through. Or is the Streisand Effect already ancient history?

Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paleo2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:14 am

snoqueen wrote:Every time I think they've hit bottom on the entitlement scale, the Republicans manage to dig the hole deeper. Now they think Wisconsin's black citizens and elected representatives aren't qualified to decide who should represent them for Black History Month.

Did you ever find yourself in a situation where you are trying to articulate how you feel in a nice concise post, then someone says what you wanted to say first and better?

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:05 am

Paleo2 wrote:

Did you ever find yourself in a situation where you are trying to articulate how you feel in a nice concise post, then someone says what you wanted to say first and better?

Thanks.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”