Montee Ball arrested

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Montee Ball arrested

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Ex-Badgers star Montee Ball arrested for allegedly battering girlfriend at Downtown hotel

After being cut by the Broncos, Ball was barely hanging on to his NFL career as a practice squad member of the Patriots. Will this arrest end that career?

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Montee Ball arrested

Postby Shorty » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:36 pm

Another RB flop in the nfl from UW. Now he can't even be a UW commencement speaker.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:47 pm

Sad, I hoped for better from him.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:38 pm

Not Monty Hall?

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:22 pm

His name should be Montee Bail. Too bad he is self-destructing.

Montee Ball arrested in Whitewater, accused of bail jumping
http://www.channel3000.com/news/montee- ... g/38969930

"According to police documents, Whitewater police were sent to 841 Brewhouse at 179 W. Main St. for reports that Ball was at a bar drinking, which was against his bond conditions. The bond conditions were set after he was charged with domestic battery in Dane County. Police said Ball denied he had been drinking, but witnesses said they saw him consume alcohol and officers could smell alcohol on him."

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:48 pm

It appears that the young man may have a serious drinking problem. I hope he figures it out before he completely destroys his life.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:52 am

And then there's Brent Moss:

http://www.wkow.com/story/31697811/2016 ... ine-charge

Maybe talented running backs will start to see UW as cursed?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:22 am

narcoleptish wrote:And then there's Brent Moss:

http://www.wkow.com/story/31697811/2016 ... ine-charge

Maybe talented running backs will start to see UW as cursed?

I suspect that this problem is not unique to UW. We only hear about these guys because they're local.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:53 pm

Follow up from ESPN.

Former University of Wisconsin and Denver Broncos running back Montee Ball says he drank heavily throughout his college and NFL careers, and that through counseling he has accepted he is an alcoholic.

Now sober, Ball is enrolled at Wisconsin for summer classes. He told the Sporting News that his heavy drinking began in 2011, his junior season for the Badgers, and throughout his brief NFL career when he would get drunk four times a week.

I wish him the best.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:57 pm

Me too. It would be great if he turns his life around, and going back to school can be a good start.

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Same here.

I have a kid at UW Madison, who claims never to drink, and I have heard stories about students who fall into the drinking and party scene that are really scary.

An example of two roommates. We were sworn to secrecy as to the names, which is tough because my wife is a friend of the father of roommate A.

Roommate A was drinking with her "friends" in the dorm. She passed out, and it looked really bad. If they had been real friends, they would've called 911, since they wouldn't get in trouble for reporting the issue. Instead, they ran away and left her. Thank goodness the RA found her and called 911. She was in bad shape, a night in the hospital was what was needed.

Roommate B was drinking heavily at a party, perhaps a frat party, I don't know. Passed out at some point, and some guy had sex with her after she passed out. (Yes, I know the legal term for that is rape.)

My kid has some friends who were great students in HS, but crashed and burned when they get to UW because of the heavy drinking scene.

UW Madison can be a tough place to stay sober.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:00 pm

PaleoLiberal wrote:My kid has some friends who were great students in HS, but crashed and burned when they get to UW because of the heavy drinking scene.

UW Madison can be a tough place to stay sober.
Crashed and burned but still graduated? I mean, at some universities, party people never make it to semester two. What's different here?

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:39 pm

No not still graduated

These are freshmen

Still time to pull it together or not.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:47 pm

I'm glad to see that 1)Monte Ball is man enough to admit his problem and seek to rectify it, 2)UW is standing by a man who represented the university and is helping him to finish his degree at a time when accomplishment is important to his self-worth. I'm sad to "wonder" if the athletic dept. turned a blind eye to Ball's alcohol issues while they milked him for TV and advertising revenue when he was a student athlete, but I don't know for a fact that anyone at UW ignored his problems. I'm also sad to see that alcoholism destroyed his chosen vocation, but alcoholism destroys pretty much everyone it consumes- unless they seek help.

I, too, have seen countless peers of my children go to the UW and drink themselves into oblivion. It IS the Wisconsin way, and anyone who can't handle the drinking peer pressure is at risk. But let's face it, college is the place where kids either succeed or fail, and if you have a weak spot for drinking *daily*, you really have to be strong to survive academically.

Good luck Monte, we cheered for you then and we cheer for you now.

Eian Mcneely

Postby Eian Mcneely » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:44 am

What a disgrace he brings to NFL, dunked spoiled and now battering

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”