Chris Borland done head banging

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4038
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby O.J. » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Shorty wrote:Another former Badger quit the Bronco's last year for the same reason. They now join the Buck's Larry Sanders on the all-quitters team. WI athletes are starting to look wimpy.


Wimpy? Dude, you're afraid of your own fucking shadow, who are you to talk? And if you think that mental illness and awareness of the risks of playing football are a sign of weakness, you're an idiot.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 15266
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:42 pm

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby snoqueen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:26 am

Not wimpy at all. They're starting to look like the smartest people in the game.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2180
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby HawkHead » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:19 pm

Shorty wrote:Another former Badger quit the Bronco's last year for the same reason. They now join the Buck's Larry Sanders on the all-quitters team. WI athletes are starting to look wimpy.


Larry Sanders isn't a WI athlete. He is from FL and went to VCU for college.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4899
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:53 pm

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby Shorty » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:36 pm

O.J. wrote:Wimpy? Dude, you're afraid of your own fucking shadow, who are you to talk? And if you think that mental illness and awareness of the risks of playing football are a sign of weakness, you're an idiot.

I wasn't comparing them to myself, I was comparing them to other NFL and NBA players. If you don't understand that, you're an idiot.

HawkHead wrote:Larry Sanders isn't a WI athlete. He is from FL and went to VCU for college.

But he played for Milw. It was a tongue in check comment. Lighten up people.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4038
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby O.J. » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:21 pm

Shorty wrote:
O.J. wrote:Wimpy? Dude, you're afraid of your own fucking shadow, who are you to talk? And if you think that mental illness and awareness of the risks of playing football are a sign of weakness, you're an idiot.

I wasn't comparing them to myself, I was comparing them to other NFL and NBA players. If you don't understand that, you're an idiot.


Larry Sanders is struggling with anxiety and depression. It actually takes courage to admit this, especially in the profession he's in, yet you think this makes him a wimpy quitter.

Chris Borland is just one of a handful of in-their-prime players from the NFL that recently chose retirement over exposing themselves to the inherent risks of playing football. Again, you think this makes him wimpy.

I'm pretty sure we all know who the idiot is in this thread.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8827
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby thebookpolice » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:14 am

Shorty wrote:But he played for Milw. It was a tongue in check comment.

Tongue in where?

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 9947
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:12 pm
Location: parents' basement

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby Huckleby » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:11 am

TheBookPolice wrote:
Tongue in where?


Your constant grammar and typo policing is tedious and lamer than lame. This is a chat forum, people type quickly.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 9947
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:12 pm
Location: parents' basement

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby Huckleby » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:19 am

O.J. wrote: I'm pretty sure we all know who the idiot is in this thread.


He was not trying to condemn anybody in a serious way, it was a flippant remark.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3247
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby wack wack » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:33 am

Huckleby wrote:
Francis Di Domizio wrote:He made about half a million in one year. As a head start towards an early retirement, he's doing pretty good


Peanuts, at least compared to what he was anticipating earning.


The very essence of greed.

FJD
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3538
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby FJD » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:29 am

wack wack wrote:
Huckleby wrote:
Francis Di Domizio wrote:He made about half a million in one year. As a head start towards an early retirement, he's doing pretty good


Peanuts, at least compared to what he was anticipating earning.


The very essence of greed.


That's a pretty good descriptor of the NFL in general.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4038
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby O.J. » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:40 pm

Huckleby wrote:
O.J. wrote: I'm pretty sure we all know who the idiot is in this thread.


He was not trying to condemn anybody in a serious way, it was a flippant remark.


He wasn't? Then why did he clarify that he wasn't boasting about his own relative courage, but rather calling them wusses compared to their peers?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 27833
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:21 pm


Shorty
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4899
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:53 pm

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby Shorty » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:57 pm

Let's hear it for Jim Leonhard, another former head banger. He is only 5'8" but had an NFL career and will be inducted into WI sports hall of fame.

http://www.isthmus.com/arts/sports/jim- ... -football/

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2180
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby HawkHead » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:30 pm

Shorty wrote:Another former Badger quit the Bronco's last year for the same reason. They now join the Buck's Larry Sanders on the all-quitters team. WI athletes are starting to look wimpy.


As I stated in another thread, Larry Sanders did not go to the UW and is not a Badger.

FJD
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3538
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Chris Borland done head banging

Postby FJD » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:01 pm

actually, it was in this thread.


Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests