uh oh . . .

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

uh oh . . .

Postby gozer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:13 pm

Tsunami strikes without warning, killing 222 in Indonesia
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/23/asia/tsu ... index.html

krakatoa is back
on the attack
coz plate tectonics cause that
itty bitty cone in 1933 down in the shadows grew like a weed
with another f c i to make the whole globe rattle
some thought it was naught but a hole
but now it's grown
the chip off the block anak krakatau
guaranteed to throw shit 70 km into the air
ticky tacky magma straight from the devil's lair
dissolved gases it has more than the hole can handle
a great big patch of the sea floor will be dismantled
no reason it wouldn't be like the original case
it already erupted eight times before it last blew off its face

-grover on sesame street

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Re: uh oh . . .

Postby Beaver » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:11 pm

Not making the news here.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Beaver wrote:Not making the news here.

Otherwise you would have posted about it first. Love those disasters, don't you?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Beaver wrote:Not making the news here.

Otherwise you would have posted about it first. Love those disasters, don't you?

I saw footage of it on my Yahoo homepage. It showed the inside of a club, and it looked bad. I didn't see it in regular media, but I might have just missed it. It is surprising that they wouldn't report on it at all.

Beaver should change his name to Scoop.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:43 am

it was from a volcanic eruption and/or an underwater landslide caused by same . . . and it looks like irna and itar-tass scooped cnn on it by more than an hour . . . it surprised me a slight bit more than the 2004 and 2011 earthquakes & tsunamis because i felt the latter on the 14th floor of an office building in chicago in the former case and the latter sent light fixtures swaying here on the south-west side of madison -- something which usually happens 50 to 85 minutes later if there is an 8·8 or higher earthquake more or less anywhere on earth because of the surface waves from the earthquake coming through at that time. also the very shallow earthquake in alaska in 2002 which made lake minnetonka, lake mendota and presumably the others here as well as lake pontchartrain slosh back and forth, the 2010 québec earthquake and the 2011 one in japan actually did damage here from objects diving off shelves or things being knocked over. one or both of those apparently, as well as one around 9 on the richter scale in chile caused office buildings in milwaukee, sheboygan, green baby, chicago, kenosha, racine and holland, michigan to be evacuated, lest the buildings rocking and rolling in mercalli iv style fall down around their ears . . . at the same time, two of the cats and the dogs ran and hid under the bed, and one of the cats started galloping around the house and jumped from the floor to the top of a two-metre-tall refrigerator at the conclusion of about five circuits around the ground floor of the house . . . one of the hedgehogs went berserk and managed to get out his cage and roll up into a ball which a rabbit and two cats liked to roll around for a few minutes . . . we also had raccoons peeking in the kitchen window whereas they usually saunter over to the door when it is opened (food time!)

Return to “Headlines”