united states net oil exporter now -- first time since 1940s

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

united states net oil exporter now -- first time since 1940s

Postby gozer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:40 pm

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: united states net oil exporter now -- first time since 1940s

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Time to say fuck you to Saudi Arabia.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:34 pm

What Hank said, with an extra helping of let's take this opportunity to break the cartel, if that's an achievable goal.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:37 pm

I was under the impression that OPEC is deliberately limiting its production. Is that not the case any more? I can't tell from that article.

Polka_Tulk
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Polka_Tulk » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Time to say fuck you to Saudi Arabia.

Won't happen, as the $4T a year bleed-out Mil.Gov Wehrmacht is addicted to Saudi baksheesh, are in thrall to their bribery and extortion, and will sell your child into slavery and bury your mother in a shallow grave, before they give up their double-dip careers and pensions for life. The Saudis provide only about 1/4th of US oil, the same 1/4th that Mil.Gov gleefully burns every single day fueling their global Wehrmacht on behalf of the Exceptionalists.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Who are the Exceptionalists? The 1%, the Rothchilds, the La Rouches, all the dictators, the Illuminati?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:19 pm

Cadfael wrote:I was under the impression that OPEC is deliberately limiting its production. Is that not the case any more? I can't tell from that article.

They try. Our "friends", the Saudis, don't go along very well, to hurt Iran, who needs the revenue more. It's a form of economic warfare. Problem is that it primarily hurts the powerless.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:43 pm

gargantua wrote:
Cadfael wrote:I was under the impression that OPEC is deliberately limiting its production. Is that not the case any more? I can't tell from that article.

They try. Our "friends", the Saudis, don't go along very well, to hurt Iran, who needs the revenue more. It's a form of economic warfare. Problem is that it primarily hurts the powerless.

Yeah, but the bottom line is, OPEC isn't producing at top capacity and we are. They can wait till we suck the last drop out of this new resource, faster and faster, like we always do, and then we'll have them right where they want us.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:07 pm

Cadfael wrote:
gargantua wrote:

Yeah, but the bottom line is, OPEC isn't producing at top capacity and we are. They can wait till we suck the last drop out of this new resource, faster and faster, like we always do, and then we'll have them right where they want us.

The problem is, they've been at it longer. And their reserves are finite as well, and their geographic and technological reach is more limited. Frankly, I don't think anybody "wins" as we normally think of the term. We collectively burn it all up, destroy the biosphere, and we all lose.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:43 pm

that too.

"keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"
-- barney the purple dinosaur

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:47 pm

since this did not happen overnight, i reckon that president obama deserves a good fraction of the credit for this. what is left is to hope that president trump does not blow the opportunity to make hay whilst the sun shines, so to speak.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:03 pm

gargantua wrote:
Cadfael wrote:
gargantua wrote:They try. Our "friends", the Saudis, don't go along very well, to hurt Iran, who needs the revenue more. It's a form of economic warfare. Problem is that it primarily hurts the powerless.

The problem is, they've been at it longer. And their reserves are finite as well, and their geographic and technological reach is more limited. Frankly, I don't think anybody "wins" as we normally think of the term. We collectively burn it all up, destroy the biosphere, and we all lose.

i have actually heard more than once from people working for firms such as ina, ömv, petronas, and exxon that the idea for many decades has been to suck the near east dry and then sell petroleum back to them at ten times the price . . . that is the work that remains to be done at this point . . . luckily they have found oodles of new reserves in the areas around brazil and madagascar, amongst other places and there are more reserves being discovered in the united states and canada . . . of course, the politics isn't a given by any stretch of the imagination, but when was the last time a brazilian terrorists flew aeroplanes into buildings or anybody was reading web sites in malagasy about how to make bombs out of chewing gum?

Polka_Tulk
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Polka_Tulk » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:58 am

Bwis53 wrote:Who are the Exceptionalists? The 1%, the Rothchilds, the La Rouches, all the dictators, the Illuminati?
Oh, you poor thing! Which alternate universe did you come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_I6kaZTMjM
Last edited by Polka_Tulk on Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:24 am

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:02 am

Just a reminder that if we had re-elected Carter, we probably could have said that decades ago.

Return to “Headlines”