Not an Onion headline

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Not an Onion headline

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:55 pm

massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Not an Onion headline

Postby massimo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:58 pm

This is a thing, HV, get with the times!

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:12 pm

It's more believable than whatever the last thing Trump said was.

MPMay
Forum Addict

Postby MPMay » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:25 pm

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Thanks. That story made me laugh out loud.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:10 pm

You have to wonder why a writer for the New Yorker cared at all about Scott Walker, let alone so accurately nailed his lack of any skill set beyond naked greed.

But hey. Thanks for noticing what we've had to put up with the last eight years.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:45 pm

snoqueen wrote:You have to wonder why a writer for the New Yorker cared at all about Scott Walker, let alone so accurately nailed his lack of any skill set beyond naked greed.

But hey. Thanks for noticing what we've had to put up with the last eight years.

Scott Walker is surprisingly well-known and disliked among Democrats around the country. I don't think it's just Walker, but the general attitude of Wisconsin Republicans to use their legislative majority like a hammer. They're kind of held up as an example of what happens when a traditionally Blue State finds itself gerrymandered and under the death grip of Republican majorities. I'm sure New York Democrats don't hate Scott Walker nearly as much as we do, but they're well aware of what a douche-bag he is.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:38 pm

I think that even some Republicans caught on to and tired of his continual self-promotion at the expense of everyone except his well-heeled campaign contributors. That's why he underperformed in his base counties, in spite of all the dire warnings, money, and dishonest campaign ads. Some of his voters caught on and stayed home.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:03 am

raccoons and some other members of the carnivoran branch* of the animal tree like canines, felids, herpestids & vivverine critters, bears, maybe even seals, as well as some rodents, and other mammals eat their placenta for numerous reasons including keeping the nest clean and not known to predators and the massive amount of nutrition in it. placental mammals, that is . . .

marsuipials have a pouch instead and the three species of mammals lay eggs, which are called monotremes because they have one outlet to the bodily systems, a cloaca, as do reptiles and birds &c . . . i do not know if they know why the rodent mammal the common north american beaver (castor canadensis linnaeus 1753) also have a cloaca. the laboratory opossum (monodelphis domestica wagner 1842) does not have an actual pouch but the female has the same apparatus and the joey opossum makes the same journey to the same setup as all the other marsupials. this is how the got started as lab opossums for research because nothing has to be disturbed to look at the developing joey in all sorts of experiments dealing with mammalian pregnancy and related issues -- just put them in a beaker or glass tray and look up at them to see what's up. one monodelphis domestica wagner 1842 is walking on the keyboard and sends the following message:

spot wrote:

**9+

---
* which are 40 per cent of the mammal biomass and similar to lagomorphs, another 3 per cent or so, and [i]not[i] including animals that look like rodents or rabbits and not certain primate tree shrews and the insectivores like hedgehogs†
† (may or may not eat a a lot of insects, just as the "carnivore" branch of the tree of mammals now includes some vegetarian or at least non-obligate meat-eathing animals and others who feast on lots of insects such as skunks, meerkats and the like) and other mammals such as small lemurs which are primates

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:11 am

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:28 am

Return to “Headlines”